Hurricane Irene..........

T BIRD

Oh baby!!!!!!!!shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif We are really in for a very unpleasant weekend with this hurricane barreling up the east coast. I live on a barrier island on the south shore looking directly at Irene heading due north.shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Theres a two week international surfing competition starting Sept 1st in Long Beach here. People were saying the ocean was flat and not alot of wave action happening. That sure has changed already as you look at the ocean here.

Ive got a bad feeling about this one john. I hope you're planning on getting out of dodge.

I looked at the projected path which was overlayed on a google earth map. It had the path literally running right through my house!

Hopefully there has not been a run on the stores yet.

Mrs C went out today looking for batteries and propane. Walmart was out of both!

Sent using the Tapatalk Forum Viewer for Android.

lol omg nobody even gets that concerned about a cat 1 or 2 in florida

basically you take in the lawn furniture and the power might go out for a few hrs

Yeah we'll talk when you have 4 feet of snow on the ground like what happened to us last winter. Lol jk

Sent using the Tapatalk Forum Viewer for Android.

basically you take in the lawn furniture and the power might go out for a few hrs

It is certainly better to be over prepared than wishing you would have been. Be safe and I hope it works out for all of you.

the problem is that in the north east we have had record rainfall for this month so far, so the ground is already saturated. there is great concern for literally thousands of tress falling, breaking, being uprooted and causing power outages, building damage, and serious injury...not to mention flooding not only on the coasts but of the many rivers. it's not the strength of the storm it's the size, it's huge and there have been projections of anywhere from 9- 16 inches of rain on top of the record amount already received.

on a personal note we have 2 maple trees in our yard that are huge 50-60 year old trees and they're both at least 40-50 feet tall. so there is a very real threat to our house and our neighbors houses ( and their inhabitants) should these trees uproot, or even have any large limbs come down.

your flippant attitude for other people's safety is rather appalling to me.

Back in 2008 I had to live through the aftermath of Ike. We had a 2 week period with no power. No A/C, no refrigeration, lines at the local grocery store to get our daily supply of ice. Downed trees all over the city, including my front yard and many of my neighbors yards.

This year we are suffering through a record heat wave and record drought. Temps are in excess of 105 most days. The normal is about 95. We've had a record number of water main breakages because of the drought. The lack of rain is drying out the clay earth and causing the pipes to shift and break. If a hurricane comes through here this year, I seriously doubt it will carry much rain. Rain would be a godsend! But I'm sure we'll have big wind storms to blow down the dehydrated trees.

My lawn is dead. I'm thinking of setting fire to it and starting over again next year, or the year after that since there doesn't seem to be any sign of this drought ever ending.

Back in 2008 I had to live through the aftermath of Ike. We had a 2 week period with no power. No A/C, no refrigeration, lines at the local grocery store to get our daily supply of ice. Downed trees all over the city, including my front yard and many of my neighbors yards.

This year we are suffering through a record heat wave and record drought. Temps are in excess of 105 most days. The normal is about 95. We've had a record number of water main breakages because of the drought. The lack of rain is drying out the clay earth and causing the pipes to shift and break. If a hurricane comes through here this year, I seriously doubt it will carry much rain. Rain would be a godsend! But I'm sure we'll have big wind storms to blow down the dehydrated trees.

My lawn is dead. I'm thinking of setting fire to it and starting over again next year, or the year after that since there doesn't seem to be any sign of this drought ever ending.

were you the author of Diary of a new texan?

Archived