Picking a Lock

Hillbilly

I have a double located in a gas drilling shop. GB and PMM. There is someone there who picks the lock and gets PMM out of it and leaves me dollar bills. He leaves the dollar bills in the top part where the candy is.

I asked the guy who is in charge to ask him to stop doing it because others may not continue to buy from the machine if they see the dirty money touching the candy. He is still doing it. The guy insists he is picking the lock and not using a key.

I changed locks and sure enough there are dollar bills in it again.

Would you just let it go? Doesnt seem to be hurting sales yet. Can you pick a cam style lock?

I have a double located in a gas drilling shop. GB and PMM. There is someone there who picks the lock and gets PMM out of it and leaves me dollar bills. He leaves the dollar bills in the top part where the candy is.

I asked the guy who is in charge to ask him to stop doing it because others may not continue to buy from the machine if they see the dirty money touching the candy. He is still doing it. The guy insists he is picking the lock and not using a key.

Would you just let it go? Doesnt seem to be hurting sales yet. Can you pick a cam style lock?

That is funny but I can see how irritating it must be. I would think it would take some time and effort even if someone were good enough to do it. What are the odds he would have keys for the two locks you have used. Maybe people are thinking they have a chgance of getting those dollar bills and it is actually increasing sales??

Someone leaving dollar bills in the globe? Never seen that - kind of wierd.

Yea, cam locks are not as easy to pick. When I have lock tampering issues, I always replace the flay key locks with with round key locks and the problems go away for me.

Someone leaving dollar bills in the globe? Never seen that - kind of wierd.

Yea, cam locks are not as easy to pick. When I have lock tampering issues, I always replace the flay key locks with with round key locks and the problems go away for me.

I use all dimple locks from lai and have never had an issue with them. The key code is unique to me. All the vending machine suppliers have a few codes and issue the same to whom ever and that makes it easy for crooks. Beaver says they issue by region for security. But is you order and your buddies down the street order you all get the same code. Not secure. Invest in your own locks.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

you should explain to the location that this is a major violation if they get inspected.food in contact with money.really?this is the equivalent of you licking your fingers and just touching the top pieces candy.you are surely losing sales too.if you want to keep the location get cam locks.

why doesnt he put quarters in like everyone else?

Unless it is a huge producer, I would pull the machine. Who needs it? They are just jacking with you and the next pick could be with a baseball bat or your machine disappears.

If it looks like you're not missing inventory, just leave an empty sandwich bag on top of the candy for him to put the bills in. You have bought enough used machines over the past few years you will be able to change locks every service and keep him challenged...if the location has enough sales to warrant this little bit of extra effort...

Archived