Supplier Comparisons

dperry

My business is small enough that I make a supply purchase about once a month, some times longer. With shipping being the way it is, I like to buy all my stuff at one location so I can combine shipping. As such, I usually buy at A&A because I can get some good, inexpensive product, machines, parts... the works. So it's not very often that I branch out and buy from other suppliers. I've also purchased from Cardinal, Blue Bar, S&B and Brand. Recently, I've made my first purchase from TNT/CEI, and I've noticed some things.

1) Unlike other suppliers, TNT does not box their 2in product. The bags that they come in aren't even recloseable with twist ties. I like that 2in product comes in boxes. It makes them easier to stack and store.

2) Again, the caps don't come in recloseable bags like they do with A&A. Reclosable bags with twist ties is a good thing for me.

3) I like that TNT's flats have extra games on them. You get a word search or suduku or other game for the parents.

4) Displays: it is usually hard to beat A&A for display quality. Sure, they might be a pain for the live displays, but the artwork is pretty awesome.

I like to order from Cardinal. When ordering 1" in quantities they will stuff 5 bags into 1 box. When you order 20 bags that's one less box you pay shipping on. Also their displays generally have more toys on them. So when you do break them down its cost effective. You get more from the toys than what you paid for the display. The jewelry and ring displays make it easy to add items. Just use a zip tie and its attached. No glue and no mess.

I bag my displays with my product so the hard plastic displays don't work so well from A&A

I just recieved a order from TJ King and must say that I really like their service and I also think their prices are fair on 2"as well as 1".I will definetly continue to order from them in the future. ;D

Do you mind sharing what you bought from them and the price?

I only ask because the prices I see at TJ King's site have always been consistently higher than other suppliers.

Whenever I hear established vendors mention TJ King as a supplier, I always wondered what I was missing.

They seem just like so many other middle-man suppliers that mark up their prices over companies like A&A.

A&A pricing blows them out of the water on the products both TJ King and A&A carry...judging only by their site.

I must say that I agree. What are we missing? The only reason I see to order from them is if you wanted items from multiple companies at one location or if you live near them and are picking up. Either way its still higher unless your picking it up and saving freight.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Sherlok I picked up some sticky hands and growing animals for $26 a pop

and they have a bunch of 1" items for $14-$16 and they also have a self vend mix for $6

I know their not A&A but to me they are the best reselers out there plus A&A prices are not all that great.

Sherlok I picked up some sticky hands and growing animals for $26 a pop

and they have a bunch of 1" items for $14-$16 and they also have a self vend mix for $6

I know their not A&A but to me they are the best reselers out there plus A&A prices are not all that great.

A&A prices are not all that great?

What?!

I guess I'll never understand.

EVERY item on TJ King's website that A&A carries is cheaper through A&A...including those $26 2" sticky hands you just bought.

Not one or two items - EVERY item that both TJ King and A&A carries is cheaper through A&A.

Ninjas, Monkeys, Sticky Hands, Sticky Mix, Mustaches, Dice, Self Vend mixes...All of them - Cheaper through A&A.

Even if you are buying only 1 bag.

If, like most of us, you are going to buy more than a few bags, A&A gets even lower.

And the same goes for their flat products.....TJ King is way higher than A&A for the flat vends they both sell.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet TJ King gets their stuff through A&A.

In fact, I'm am VERY sure of this because A&A has the licensing in the U.S. for those NFL and MLB stickers that TJ King sells on their site.

They couldn't buy those anywhere else but A&A.

And each box costs you almost $5 more per 300ct at TJ King.

It's obvious TJ King buy and mark-up from Brand too.

TJ King's Squishland prices are ridiculously high.

I am not trying to insult anyone and I am not in a position to tell you how to spend your money.

But, if A&A pricing is "not all that great" then TJ King pricing should be considered criminal.

I only use TJ KIng as a backup supplier for when A&A is out of stock. They are not my first choice. But I must say that their service and shipping rates were very good on my last "emergency" order. Every month they offer "specials". But that simply gets the price down to about what A&A would charge. Nice people over there in any event.

A&A prices are not all that great?

What?!

I guess I'll never understand.

EVERY item on TJ King's website that A&A carries is cheaper through A&A...including those $26 2" sticky hands you just bought.

Not one or two items - EVERY item that both TJ King and A&A carries is cheaper through A&A.

Ninjas, Monkeys, Sticky Hands, Sticky Mix, Mustaches, Dice, Self Vend mixes...All of them - Cheaper through A&A.

Even if you are buying only 1 bag.

If, like most of us, you are going to buy more than a few bags, A&A gets even lower.

And the same goes for their flat products.....TJ King is way higher than A&A for the flat vends they both sell.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet TJ King gets their stuff through A&A.

In fact, I'm am VERY sure of this because A&A has the licensing in the U.S. for those NFL and MLB stickers that TJ King sells on their site.

They couldn't buy those anywhere else but A&A.

And each box costs you almost $5 more per 300ct at TJ King.

It's obvious TJ King buy and mark-up from Brand too.

TJ King's Squishland prices are ridiculously high.

I am not trying to insult anyone and I am not in a position to tell you how to spend your money.

But, if A&A pricing is "not all that great" then TJ King pricing should be considered criminal.

well if thats the case than thank you for saving me a few bucks.

Archived