How do I get into water? What equipment do I look for?

Topic says it all. Thanks in advance.

If you are serious then I would talk to someone that has been doing it for a few decades. Check out Slurp City here at http://www.slurpcity.com/ Ask to speak to Jerry the owner. He is generous with his time and his advice. Just tell him Bev with Blue Moose told you to call. He might have some used equipment available too. Not sure.

I use Alpine POU water coolers. I buy them through Vistar along with the Everpure OW2 filters. The whole setup cost less than $300 and I rent them for $30-35 a month depending on the other services I do for the location. I change the filter annually or twice annually for real high volume accounts.

JD

I use Alpine POU water coolers. I buy them through Vistar along with the Everpure OW2 filters. The whole setup cost less than $300 and I rent them for $30-35 a month depending on the other services I do for the location. I change the filter annually or twice annually for real high volume accounts.

JD

Very interesting.

Are those the bottleless ones?

If so, do you handle the installation cost to access a water line?

Very interesting.

Are those the bottleless ones?

If so, do you handle the installation cost to access a water line?

POU = Point of use, this is the industry term for bottleless

I handle installation. These are usually accounts that I have automatic coffee machines at, so I already have to tap a line. Its not hard to do once you do a couple and can usually be done for about $20 in parts.

JD

I currently don't do anything with POU water coolers, though it is on my vending "bucket list" LOL. I agree with coinvestor on tapping a water line, its pretty easy to do, have done it with brewers, if you need experience with it go to HD or Lowes have the guys in plumbing set you up with the parts and then go home and try it under your own sink. (just make sure you also get a plug or replacement line as well so you can undo it later) If you bring in a plumber expect to pay 200-500 bucks for the work.

Can you share the contract you use for renting water cooler equipment, and can you please provide the number to your contact @ Vistar? My contact @ Vistar tells me that they don't have filters or water coolers, so I'm thinking that i need to order out of state. I'd be grateful.

are you in florida by any chance i know a guy in palm beach who is selling off his business he has coolers for a decent price.

Can you share the contract you use for renting water cooler equipment, and can you please provide the number to your contact @ Vistar? My contact @ Vistar tells me that they don't have filters or water coolers, so I'm thinking that i need to order out of state. I'd be grateful.

I don't use a contract. I'm sure that I probably should, but don't. This has always been an add on to our coffee service (which does not require a contract), so I always did the water the same way.

I don't think Vistar will ship between sites if its not something the other site does not carry, but it can't hurt to ask. This is the Vistar I use:

http://vistar.com/Carolina/Pages/default.aspx

I don't really have a contact there anymore. She left and went to ATL.

You can order these online but be careful I see the Alpine Terminator Series for $700-800 in some places. Like I said I get this for less then $300. I don't thing I would buy any used water coolers. You are selling sanitation and used kind of undoes that. The coolers are so cheap (cost) that after the first 2-3 years, if I have any trouble I just replace the thing with a new one. With that said I'm shooting for 5-6 years life for the coolers.

JD

Archived