going to do my first service....some advise?

TKK

i have vendstars out there only about 12 of them i still gotta place the rest. theyve been on location for 1-2 weeks i wanna check up on them. have pmm, bostons, mikes, hot tamales, peanuts, and skittles.

now i wanna do good logging.

what do u guys do to track the gross of every head so u know what candy sells best? say i go to all 11 locations, i was thinking maybe buying like meium zip locks labeled 1-11. and then have smaller zips 3 of them in each medium bag labeled 1 2 3. doing left to right, i have everything logged the location, adress, owner, preffered candies, what we stocked it with and how much product we put. i bought some ice chests that have wheels, thinking of getting hal gallon baggs with candy to top off (i only have them like halfways) and might add an ice pack in there so the dont melt. what do u guys reccomend? im also taking windex and some paper rolls to wipe off residu.

wish me luck :)

I don't recommend using ice packs. They will sweat and cause the candy to get wet, making the candy shell melt. However, putting the candy in an ice chest is a good idea.

As far as tracking dollar amounts, I just track by location. The collection itself will tell you what is selling good. I just write down on a piece of paper while at the location. When I get back to the vehicle, I update my route book. When I make my deposit, if I am off a little, I just correct one of my entries in my route books.

I learned from an experienced vendor that I was tracking individual heads for no reason. It was information that I really didn't need. I am a meticulous detail kind of person so it was kind of hard for me to drop it but once I did I can really see that it is easier to track. For me anyways, your mileage may vary.

Anybody else use route books?

As far as tracking dollar amounts, I just track by location. The collection itself will tell you what is selling good. I just write down on a piece of paper while at the location. When I get back to the vehicle, I update my route book. When I make my deposit, if I am off a little, I just correct one of my entries in my route books.

I learned from an experienced vendor that I was tracking individual heads for no reason. It was information that I really didn't need. I am a meticulous detail kind of person so it was kind of hard for me to drop it but once I did I can really see that it is easier to track. For me anyways, your mileage may vary.

Anybody else use route books?

I use a lap top with spread sheets.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Thanks for asking these questions. I'm another newby. The former owners of the route I just bought did not keep many records, just the monthly total per location on a spreadsheet. Then they didn't use this to cut out or improve the poor performing locations so that is my first challenge. On my first run through I just checked everything, evened up the amount of candy in each one and took notes on everything. A number of the triple-head machines don't have separate coin cups for head so I can't track the sales per head anyway.

I read somewhere on this forum that the average per head should be $7 and I have a ways to go on that as some are averaging less than a buck over the 5 months that I have records from the former owner.

I pulled a machine that is 50 miles from my place but only 5 from the former owner. There are 3 mechanics/oil change/tire stores at an intersection a couple blocks from me. I stopped at the one which regularly services my vehicle and asked if they would let me place the machine there. That saves me a lot of driving and I can keep an easy eye on it. If it does good, I'll see about moving some other poor performers to the other mechanic's shops.

Is it OK to just top up the machines each time? On some of these machines, which don't move candy very fast, the stuff could be in there a couple of months. Do you ever dump out old inventory and replace it all?

thanks for any and all advice given. This is a great forum.

Tom

Thanks for asking these questions. I'm another newby. The former owners of the route I just bought did not keep many records, just the monthly total per location on a spreadsheet. Then they didn't use this to cut out or improve the poor performing locations so that is my first challenge. On my first run through I just checked everything, evened up the amount of candy in each one and took notes on everything. A number of the triple-head machines don't have separate coin cups for head so I can't track the sales per head anyway.

I read somewhere on this forum that the average per head should be $7 and I have a ways to go on that as some are averaging less than a buck over the 5 months that I have records from the former owner.

I pulled a machine that is 50 miles from my place but only 5 from the former owner. There are 3 mechanics/oil change/tire stores at an intersection a couple blocks from me. I stopped at the one which regularly services my vehicle and asked if they would let me place the machine there. That saves me a lot of driving and I can keep an easy eye on it. If it does good, I'll see about moving some other poor performers to the other mechanic's shops.

Is it OK to just top up the machines each time? On some of these machines, which don't move candy very fast, the stuff could be in there a couple of months. Do you ever dump out old inventory and replace it all?

thanks for any and all advice given. This is a great forum.

Tom

As far as candy goes, I never top it off unless I know it will all move within a month or so. When I first fill a location, I only fill it about 1/3 full--I run NW 60's--after a month or so I can judge how much to put in the machine. You do not want a bunch of product going bad because it is not moving fast enough--it is a waste of money.

Goog luck!!

nothing seems to get by Steve unnoticed.

He has an advantage. He can see everyone's ISP. We can't.

Thanks for catching that, Steve. I was going to respond to this thread.

I shall report what the.machines made...i boight 2 medium ice.chests with wheels..i guess.ill carry a small duffel bag w windex and lysol pads as well as towels. And ziplocks for the quarters. Im guessing labeling a quart ziplok bag with 3 small.ones.inside labeled 1 2 and 2 or by candies...

Here's an off topic question for the OP...

Is changing your name from The Kandy Kornerz to TKK going to make you less obnoxious?

lmao! there seems to be alot of clones on here lately, it's hard to know whether or not to even respond to some of these threads/post

Archived