Vending app?

TKK

i have a gas app that tells me how much mpg, money spent, fueling locations and everything im sure its almost the same as if they made a vending one..

When i'm not working on the vending business, I'm a self taught Android Developer. I've made just a few simple apps (search for "McCannDroid" on the Android Market) and i've kept thinking about doing an app to help with the vending business... BUT... i'm running VendTrak browser based software program and it's easily accessible from my phone too!

Maybe if the need/want for something like it is bigger than I thought then i'll pursue it. I'd much rather pay even a $30 ONE TIME fee for an app like VendTrak, than the $30/month :)

Honestly, any phone app used to track vending sales isn't going to be robust enough for me. Those who know me know that I've written my own LAMP app to track my business. I've found it easier to write a mobile web page to use on my phone. That way I don't have to upload the data from my phone to my web app. I can also print off the data from my computer, which is something I can't do on my phone. It's really the best of both worlds this way.

When i'm not working on the vending business, I'm a self taught Android Developer. I've made just a few simple apps (search for "McCannDroid" on the Android Market) and i've kept thinking about doing an app to help with the vending business... BUT... i'm running VendTrak browser based software program and it's easily accessible from my phone too!

Maybe if the need/want for something like it is bigger than I thought then i'll pursue it. I'd much rather pay even a $30 ONE TIME fee for an app like VendTrak, than the $30/month

And I'm an Android enthusiast / flashaholic / resident phone geek who happens to own a vending company; so if you ever develop such an app, I will be your biggest cheerleader of sorts... anything I can do to help out, I will gladly do so!

By the way, what phone are you using, and are you rooted?

Sent from my screamin BAMF'd out T-Bolt on Verizon Wireless

I am currently working on an online app. Eventually it will have mobile capability, but whether or not it will as soon as I am done will be based on a few factors. (That are out of my control.) But it will not be a direct mobile app, but will seem like it. There are a few new developments going on to give mobile web pages smart phone and tablet capabilities and functionality. The benefit of making it a web app is that it should work on all platforms. Although the drawback is that you need internet access (through hotspots, or phone connections,) to take advantage of it.

My goal is to have it up and running within 3 months of my web app becoming available.

Honestly, any phone app used to track vending sales isn't going to be robust enough for me. Those who know me know that I've written my own LAMP app to track my business. I've found it easier to write a mobile web page to use on my phone. That way I don't have to upload the data from my phone to my web app. I can also print off the data from my computer, which is something I can't do on my phone. It's really the best of both worlds this way.

im surprised how many IT people are in vending, which "P" in LAMP do you develop in? how many years in the biz?

im surprised how many IT people are in vending, which "P" in LAMP do you develop in? how many years in the biz?

LAMP is Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP..

I've been in IT for 19 years. I don't really get paid to develop any code, but I often write tools to help me with the tasks that I need to do. Learning some PHP skills to add to my html code required a very short learning curve.

LAMP is Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP..

I've been in IT for 19 years. I don't really get paid to develop any code, but I often write tools to help me with the tasks that I need to do. Learning some PHP skills to add to my html code required a very short learning curve.

sometimes the P is for Perl (it was originally when the term LAMP was coined), but increasingly less so in exchange for PHP or Python.

I always said the great thing about PHP is it allows the average person to write software, and the bad thing about PHP is it allows the average person to write software ;)

We have a marketplace app that's included with our forum software. I have it disabled because quite frankly, I have nothing to sell.

If some of you IT guys were willing, I would love to be able to offer your vending apps to the community through our marketplace. You would obviously have complete control over pricing and what-not. Let me know if this interests anyone.

This also goes for anyone who would like to sell any kind of vending related, eproducts such as ebooks, spreadsheets, or other software that you have the rights too. I would love to make use of our marketplace.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived