Tattoo/Sticker Machine Recommendations

Vending Supply

One the questions we are frequently asked is where to buy inexpensive flat vending machines. As someone very new to the industry, the names listed on the threads below are completely foreign to me so I need your help. I would love to start referring our customers to reliable vendors of both used and new machines. What advice can you pass along to me regarding sourcing flat vending machines?

Are there certain components that I should look for/avoid when researching machines, especially used ones?

Is there a reliable vendor of used machines that you would recommend?

As far as new machines go, which brings the most value to your business?

Is there any software or emerging technologies I should be aware of that correlate with machine choice and make your life easier out there in the field?

Thanks so much,

Melissa

to the best of my knowledge there arent any companies that are selling used flat vending machines unless they happen to get one every now and then. the best place to buy used would be ebay and craigslist, my personal preference in flat vending machines are the ones that front load, with a front load machine it can be attached to a rack and serviced easily, I have some rear load machines and they are on individual stands and are quite bulky, I also prefer either 2 or 3 column machines I have several 4 column ones but it can be a challenge to keep it up to date with all the different tat/stickers, I wont recommend one specific manufacturer over another because all the ones I have work as good as the other and I have 3 different brands. I have never bought a new machine and the most I have paid for any of them is $75.00.

• 2 months later...

No, i have seen so many used nw 60's 80's and the nw 80 flat for more. these are folks in the business of course, if you search cl or ebay you will find them for 25-40% of new retail cost.

You dont say. I always thought resellers had the very best price.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

One the questions we are frequently asked is where to buy inexpensive flat vending machines. As someone very new to the industry, the names listed on the threads below are completely foreign to me so I need your help. I would love to start referring our customers to reliable vendors of both used and new machines. What advice can you pass along to me regarding sourcing flat vending machines?

Are there certain components that I should look for/avoid when researching machines, especially used ones?

Is there any software or emerging technologies I should be aware of that correlate with machine choice and make your life easier out there in the field?

Thanks so much,

Melissa

I THINK THE BEST STICKER VENDING MACHINE IS THE ADVANCE STICKER VENDOR SOLD BY AA,BUT NOT MADE BY THEM.THEY ARE VERY RELIABLE AND ARE BUILT LIKE ATM

MACHINES.YOU PULL OUT THE WHOLE UNIT FROM THE CASE AND SERVICE,REAL EASY.THE NORTHWESTERN 2-COL WOULD BE MY NEXT CHOICE AND FIT NICE ON A RACK TO GET A GOOD SELECTION FOR YOU CUSTOMERS.AS FAR AS USE EQUIPMENT GOES,TRY ARE VERY TROUBLE FREE.CHECK CLIST AND E-BAY.THERE IS MUCH EQUIPMENT OUT THERE FOR SALE FOR CHEAP.TRY TO TALK YOUR PRICE DOWN,IF YOU HAVE MONEY ITS A BUYERS MARKET.MANY PEOPLE ARE GETTING RID OF ANYTHING THEY CAN SELL TO MAKE EXTRA MONEY.WE HAVE ALSO REPAINTED THE ADVANCE AND NW MACHINES AND THEY LOOK GREAT AGAIN

I THINK THE BEST STICKER VENDING MACHINE IS THE ADVANCE STICKER VENDOR SOLD BY AA,BUT NOT MADE BY THEM.THEY ARE VERY RELIABLE AND ARE BUILT LIKE ATM

MACHINES.YOU PULL OUT THE WHOLE UNIT FROM THE CASE AND SERVICE,REAL EASY.THE NORTHWESTERN 2-COL WOULD BE MY NEXT CHOICE AND FIT NICE ON A RACK TO GET A GOOD SELECTION FOR YOU CUSTOMERS.AS FAR AS USE EQUIPMENT GOES,TRY ARE VERY TROUBLE FREE.CHECK CLIST AND E-BAY.THERE IS MUCH EQUIPMENT OUT THERE FOR SALE FOR CHEAP.TRY TO TALK YOUR PRICE DOWN,IF YOU HAVE MONEY ITS A BUYERS MARKET.MANY PEOPLE ARE GETTING RID OF ANYTHING THEY CAN SELL TO MAKE EXTRA MONEY.WE HAVE ALSO REPAINTED THE ADVANCE AND NW MACHINES AND THEY LOOK GREAT AGAIN

The advance is made by aa. They bought the rights to produce and sell it from the company that was making them. The non compete expired about 5 years back and at that time the orginal guy started to produce and sell them again. He was using the oak office and warehouse to ship them. But the guy lived in AZ. For the life of me I can't think of his name. I met up with him at some nbva functions and have had lengthy conversations on the phone with him. As far as I know hes not selling them any longer. Advance is made in China and only ships from California. It's a work horse. On my four column I always mount two single toy heads on top.

On a side note I was in claries tonight and saw them selling VSI products in retail packaging. I guess they are following brands lead.

The advance is made by aa. They bought the rights to produce and sell it from the company that was making them. The non compete expired about 5 years back and at that time the orginal guy started to produce and sell them again. He was using the oak office and warehouse to ship them. But the guy lived in AZ. For the life of me I can't think of his name. I met up with him at some nbva functions and have had lengthy conversations on the phone with him. As far as I know hes not selling them any longer. Advance is made in China and only ships from California. It's a work horse. On my four column I always mount two single toy heads on top.

On a side note I was in claries tonight and saw them selling VSI products in retail packaging. I guess they are following brands lead.

-------------------------------

Don Lemke is the guy who started Advanced...he has moved back to Cal now, I think Northern Cal. Did you go to the NBVA show back in '98 (Coronado Island - San Diego)? He drew quite a crowd as he walked the show floor with a restaurant 'butter spreader' and showed folks how easy it was to remove free stickers from most of the other types of units on the floor...

...ah, the good ole days...

Jerry

Thanks so much,

Melissa

A lot of vending machine manufactures that may frequent this forum will kill me for posting this link. I would have to say that i know mater of fact that some companies that distribute machines/ product will get their information from from this link. To get the best deals you have to order in container shipment type quantities. You and a vending buddy in your area might want to make it worth your while by going in on an order together. PLEASE DONT KILL THE MAIL MAN. IAM JUST THE MESSENGER! buy more save more type of a site

A lot of vending machine manufactures that may frequent this forum will kill me for posting this link. I would have to say that i know mater of fact that some companies that distribute machines/ product will get their information from from this link. To get the best deals you have to order in container shipment type quantities. You and a vending buddy in your area might want to make it worth your while by going in on an order together. PLEASE DONT KILL THE MAIL MAN. IAM JUST THE MESSENGER! buy more save more type of a site

Alibaba is nothing new. It's been discussed here many times before so I don't think the manufacturers are going to get too upset about you posting it again. ;)

Alibaba is nothing new. It's been discussed here many times before so I don't think the manufacturers are going to get too upset about you posting it again. ;)

Well, Iam glad to here that! I can say that I have purchased through Alibaba.com and it worked out perfectly and 75% cheaper than any where else for equipment.

What type of coin slides do those Asian imports use? Here in the USA, it's either ESD or Greenwald. For me, the slide is most important since that is the guts of the machine. And those two companies make quality coin slides. Biggest problem with those Chinese imports seems to be the unreliable coin mechs on the bulk candy/gum/toy machines.

Another big factor for me is the number of columns. I prefer the 2-column version for simplicity, minimal inventory and ease of adding to a rack. I would rather have two 2-column machines than one 4-column machine. The vast majority of my locations have just 2 columns. Those 6-column machines are over kill for me. But that's just the way I roll with NW sticker machines, being a modular kind of guy.

Shanghai Beyond the importer is not a secret at all. They are at the nbva every year. But here is my question. Who wants to buy a container full of Chinese junk? Not me. They produce toys for some of the smaller bulk suppliers. But none of us are in a position to purchase half million toys at a time.

Another big factor for me is the number of columns. I prefer the 2-column version for simplicity, minimal inventory and ease of adding to a rack. I would rather have two 2-column machines than one 4-column machine. The vast majority of my locations have just 2 columns. Those 6-column machines are over kill for me.

Thank you! I feel the same way. a 2-column is just right for most racks. Anything more than that is overkill and requires more inventory. I also find that my flat sales are not as good as my capsule sales, so I don't want to make the added investment in the expensive flat machines. Once upon a time, Amerivend sold single column flat machines. I wish I was able to capitalize on them before they went under.

We got an order today. I was suprized also it came fedx on a sat. I have not orderd from Vsi in a long time but I'm glad I did this time I forgot how great their product was. Freight was about 2.80 a box and free displays to boot.

Thank you! I feel the same way. a 2-column is just right for most racks. Anything more than that is overkill and requires more inventory. I also find that my flat sales are not as good as my capsule sales, so I don't want to make the added investment in the expensive flat machines. Once upon a time, Amerivend sold single column flat machines. I wish I was able to capitalize on them before they went under.

Yea, Man. I have two of those single column machines and wish I had more. They could easily be interchanged into many charity spots since they are the same size as a NW60.

We got an order today. I was suprized also it came fedx on a sat. I have not orderd from Vsi in a long time but I'm glad I did this time I forgot how great their product was. Freight was about 2.80 a box and free displays to boot.

I love VSI!! Just wish they sold NFL stickers too!!!

Hey, I just stumbled across this...

I guess I should give you all a little background on VSI...

When Sheri decided to sell her company several years ago, it was purchased by the factory that was printing her tattoos. She had such a well developed business that it made sense to keep it going.

So, Vending Supply today is actually a division of Tattoo Manufacturing in Tucson, Arizona, one of the very few factories (if not the only factory) in the US that has the machinery to design and print temporary tattoos. The company has several different distribution models, SAVVI (our retail division), California Tattoos (our Custom Design division) and Vending Supply. The products that you find in Claires, Michaels, Target, Walmart etc are actually produced and sold by SAVVI which is a much larger division than Vending Supply. Truth be told, it is not that we are repackaging VSI stuff for retail, but that when a specific design does well in these stores, it is redesigned for Vending and given to us to distribute to you.

The great thing about having the factory and artists right down the hall from me is that we have a lot of flexibility when it comes to new ideas and trying new things. We are making a strong push right now to get away from reusing SAVVI designs and are focusing more on finding actual tattoo artists and licenses unique to Vending. In fact, I am working on a new program in which vending operators could actually create their own custom series with local artwork...

Anyhow, I just wanted to clear up any misconceptions,. you may see a few designs out there in retail that look a little familiar, but it's only because they have been selling so well in packages that we thought they might do well for you too.

M

Archived