Starting Out and Confused

Glenn David

I have looked through some of the posts on starting out.

Since we are in Ilinois, we are looking at LYPC machines.

Their company is just 20 minutes away.

I am hearing from them that the average cost per vend on

their Pro-Line gumball machine is 6-8 cents per vend.

However, my partner is not satisfied with that.

The head holds 14lbs of bulk candy. However, I have

NO IDEA how many times, on average, the handle will

turn. Ergo, I cannot determine average cost per vend

over 6-8 different types of bulk candy.

Does anyone know, on average, how many vends these

Pro-Line LYPC machines get for bulk candy, e.g., Runts

or Mike and Ike's?

http://www.gumballmachinefactory.com/product/1007.html

Also, I am seeing Beaver items being recommended here. However,

it LYPC is reputable, does it make sense to purchase from

someone who can service these things locally?

I appreciate the input. Hopefully, I'll be able to return the

generosity at some point.

Lypc isn't local unless you live in China. And I don't know ANY maker who services what they sell. Do yourself a favor and read more posts. The answers are all in there.

Each machine can be set my you to determine the amount that it vends. It all depends on the item being vend. The only way you can get an average per pound is to set the vending portion, weigh it, and divide that by the number of ounces in the full bag or box of product. You determine the amount of profit you make based on the portion setting.

On gumballs the profit is the same on every vend. Example; 850 gumballs @ $19.00 case. $.02 each and sell for 25c each.

I bought LYPC machines almost 5 years ago and you can read my reviews by searching, LYPC review.

Gary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have looked through some of the posts on starting out.

Since we are in Ilinois, we are looking at LYPC machines.

Their company is just 20 minutes away.

I am hearing from them that the average cost per vend on

their Pro-Line gumball machine is 6-8 cents per vend.

However, my partner is not satisfied with that.

The head holds 14lbs of bulk candy. However, I have

NO IDEA how many times, on average, the handle will

turn. Ergo, I cannot determine average cost per vend

over 6-8 different types of bulk candy.

Does anyone know, on average, how many vends these

Pro-Line LYPC machines get for bulk candy, e.g., Runts

or Mike and Ike's?

http://www.gumballma...oduct/1007.html

Also, I am seeing Beaver items being recommended here. However,

it LYPC is reputable, does it make sense to purchase from

someone who can service these things locally?

I appreciate the input. Hopefully, I'll be able to return the

generosity at some point.

Glenn,

If you are serious with your post and not just trolling....

The reason you are getting smart-butt responses is that answers to all your questions can already be found on this forum.

As a new member here AND someone new to vending, it's expected that you do your leg work at Vendiscuss.

You must use the search button and read, read, read all of the great info on this forum if you are at all serious about the vending biz.

The fact that a newbie would come on here asking questions without showing the initiative to thoroughly research the info already here first gives established forum members the impression that you are not serious enough about the biz to work at it and/or maybe are just plain lazy.

And who wants to take the time to help someone who is not serious and/or lazy, right?

I think you could understand that.

Some very experienced vendors took the time and had the courtesy to answer nearly all of a beginner's questions at least once or twice already.

Those threads can be found if you spend some real time researching here.

If you don't spend any real time doing your own research, don't expect the wonderful (and busy) experienced vendors to spend their time answering your questions.

The most helpful members here will only help those that are willing to help themselves.....and that's as it should be.

After you spend time researching the forum, if you still have questions, I'm sure the great Vendiscuss members that helped me would be willing to help you.

And, I'd be happy to help you, too.

Best of luck.

Lypc isn't local unless you live in China. And I don't know ANY maker who services what they sell. Do yourself a favor and read more posts. The answers are all in there.

LYPC machines may be made in china but their headquarters is in Illinois. Next time do a google search before you put your foot in your mouth. :rolleyes:

LYPC Corp

I don't have any experience myself on the machine but you can check the review section for people that owned or owns one.

LYPC machines may be made in china but their headquarters is in Illinois. Next time do a google search before you put your foot in your mouth. :rolleyes:

Have you ever done an internet search yourself?

Check out the address for LYPC, then run it in google. Check out what comes up. It appears that gumballmachinefactory.com shares the same address as LYPC.

Google maps and Google street view shows the address as a small business park; not a factory.

Since the OP showed a link to gumball machine factory in his post, I have to think that he's a troll for LYPC or GMF, trying to scare up some business.

Have you ever done an internet search yourself?

Check out the address for LYPC, then run it in google. Check out what comes up. It appears that gumballmachinefactory.com shares the same address as LYPC.

Google maps and Google street view shows the address as a small business park; not a factory.

Since the OP showed a link to gumball machine factory in his post, I have to think that he's a troll for LYPC or GMF, trying to scare up some business.

Wow! This gets better! Check out LYPC's phone number in SuperPages.com. Apparently, the address for LYPC shows up slightly different in superpage. But it also shows the same address and phone number for "LUCKY YUPPY PUPPY MFG CO". How weird is that?

Wow! This gets better! Check out LYPC's phone number in SuperPages.com. Apparently, the address for LYPC shows up slightly different in superpage. But it also shows the same address and phone number for "LUCKY YUPPY PUPPY MFG CO". How weird is that?

Wow! It’s amazing what a little research can do. Isn’t it? :huh:

Ummm, I just can’t seem to find a China address like you sarcastically stated though. :rolleyes:

I guess the only way we will know for sure if LYPC has a warehouse in Arlington Heights is if Glenn David physically goes to that address. It may be just an office building and I will be the first to apologize to you, dperry. I just hope he comes back after your sarcasm. This is one of the reasons why newbies don’t stay or are afraid to post here.

I’m going to ignore the ignorant remark about being a troll. That’s a big laugh. ^-^

I'm not trying to get involved in the debate, just trying to settle the machine origin question re: LYPC.

LYPC sticker machines: Made in USA

EVERYTHING ELSE from LYPC (stands & machines) is made in either CHINA or KOREA.

So, regarding the machine the original poster had questions on, dperry is right .

Since the original question was referring to a "bulk candy" machine, the machine in question is NOT made, mfr'd, or assembled in IL.

I got this recently directly from the source at LYPC's Illinois phone # while getting info on their stands.

I have been to this address, yes they have an office, loading docks, and a warehouse with lots of stuff.

Thank you, timberframe50. I guess you don't have to live in China if you want to buy one locally. :rolleyes:

Archived