Route purchase

sweetstop

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW man thats a hugeeee plunge!

heres my thoughts...

What i'd recommend is to stop the machine and route frenzy. even though i too always get good deals even when i dont need it, id suggest fo you to stop right away. you havent finished servicing your route and your buying more.

you need to focus on PROFITS

get the 50 machines out in locations.

get your 50 lowest performing locations id say anything under $20 a month atleast. and start getting better locations. here is why.you pick what situation youd like to be in...

A) you are a huge vendor. you have 400+ locations. your figures are kinda like this (just figures)

400 x $11 a place. $4,400 a month GROSS

400 locations to service 4 days a week of work

say a gallon of gas per 2 locations (again just numbers i know some are always closer) 200 gallonsx4= $800 in gas

400 machines, since they are mostly below average locations, 200 bags of candy? say average $8 a bag. $1,600

$1600+$800=$2,400

$4,400-$2,400=$2000 net a month.

or

B) 150 locations x $30 a month = $4,500 gross

150 locations work 2 days a week so you get 8 days a month more to yourself

gas...say they are still as far so lets cut it to $400-

same ammount of candy id say maybe less so stick with 150 bags = $1,200

$400+$1200=$1600

$4,500-$1600

$2,900 NET

so by these retarded figures lol you make an extra $10,000k + a year work 96 day less a year, use half the milage, and more controll.

i know these figures can be way off but the principle makes sence.

i myself have 40+ locations, average is $40+ per triple, which is great. so now i place 10 new locations, and move those to good locations, and keep it up.

also if your paying comission keep that in mind.

have you considered full line?

with $20k you invested you could have easily gotten 20-30 coke machines making about the same or more. but now you focus on 20-30 locations.

i still however think you did great. you have gotten 1/3 of your investment back. you took a huge plunge and i really admire that!

YOU WILL DO GREAT. you already are, just place your 50 machines, and find better locations. i cant imagine how crazy even 100+ locations would be.

GOOD LUCK and keep us updated!!!

ps imagine $30 x 400 locations you have? $12,000 a month. $144,000 a year. thats crazy how thos $19 a month extra per location make

"ps imagine $30 x 400 locations you have? $12,000 a month. $144,000 a year. thats crazy how thos $19 a month extra per location make"

No, imagine $144,000 worth of quarters. Now thats crazy

I think your better off to add to your current route by putting more machines at new locations and not re aranging your low earners unless you are going out of your way to service them. Once you have those low earning locations the expense has already been taken to get that account. An account is an account so if its profitable I say keep it. the account may also pick up in the future as well.

thats my plan

I need to get out everything I have then start pulling to slow earners.

My route is so large i am not going to pull machines out of locs that I drive by anyway.

20 locs that only make $10 is still $200 at the end of the month since they are on my way .

I figure about 2 years to get 350-400 solid locs, I'm only 6 months in so far

Way to go sweet stop. This one sounded like a winner from the start. At least once you got him off the 50k asking price. 20k was a great deal. In regards to income--

I'm noticing several people saying that the machines they purchased did less than they were told? Was there a lack of records? I'm selling off several smaller routes and I have the exact sales records for each month the machine has been on location, but I'd rather not get low-balled because all the other sellers are lying about their collection numbers. I paid TAXES on those collections, I better have received it! I can use tax records, but it's rather a pain when you are dealing with smaller deals (most are in the 3 figure range, occasionally going to low 4 figure)

One note about bank financing: Make sure you pay that off FAST. Even though the interest should be deductible, the banks charge rates that are downright insane.

its about 3/4 time and then my label business on top of that,

I am also a Independent Contract driver for a local company that delivers pharmaceuticals to area nursing homes etc.

I pick up a few routes a week on that as well. easy money.

my goal is just vending and labels ASAP

We'll see how early I can pay off this loan for the route, if I can stop buying more machines. haha

I had bought machines from him before that he had pulled off route, I knew he was a competitor, we shared a couple locations.

His had lost interest and just wanted out.

Also craigslist and calling people from machines in locations that I already have.

As I have said before it amazes me though the people that dont have contact info on machines.

As I have said before it amazes me though the people that dont have contact info on machines.

I find it unusual as well, i want to be contacted should I need to be and it also shows my ownership but I have had 2 local vendors mention I should never put my info on one. Their reasoning was that should something happen, like someone get hurt, they can claim it's not theirs. Personally I think that's what insurance is for and that they just don't want to pony up for it.

I find it unusual as well, i want to be contacted should I need to be and it also shows my ownership but I have had 2 local vendors mention I should never put my info on one. Their reasoning was that should something happen, like someone get hurt, they can claim it's not theirs. Personally I think that's what insurance is for and that they just don't want to pony up for it.

That's deplorable. These are the machines that sit empty and abandoned where legitimate vendors could be making some real money. It drives me crazy.

That's deplorable. These are the machines that sit empty and abandoned where legitimate vendors could be making some real money. It drives me crazy.

Yeah and one was a local Police Officer.

• 9 months later...

Quick update

Since December 2011 I have bought 2 large routes and a couple smaller ones.

my signature kind of sums it up!

I am still refining locations, pulling really bad ones changing equipment in others.

its all candy and mostly charity, mostly triples and doubles, some single heads

I was lucky that the two larger routes were long time existence so with the exception of a business closing now and then they are all pretty solid locs.

They are broke into 15 routes and i service about every 6 weeks.

all on excel speadsheets, tried a bunch of software but didn't have just what I wanted so I made my own.

My focus is now on quality not quantity.

between that and my label business I am full time.

Ha I just looked at your name and it sounded familiar! I bought stickers on ebay from you and just bought a bunch of Runt Labels to! Man you have alot of work cut out! Labels look great by the way. Will do business again! Thanks

-Austin

Archived