Route purchase

sweetstop

You should have a lot of opportunity for growth in many of those 300 accounts. Singles could go to doubles, triples could go to racks, 2" capsule machines could be added to 1" machine locations. 25c Mechs could be changed to 50c mechs.

Don't forget downward growth as well. An increase in equipment doesn't always translate into increased profit. Be sure to evaluate your locations and consider downsizing on some equipment setups to save costs.

A penny saved is a penny earned.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget downward growth as well. An increase in equipment doesn't always translate into increased profit. Be sure to evaluate your locations and consider downsizing on some equipment setups to save costs.

A penny saved is a penny earned.

I've pruned my route down and started changing out triples with singles and doubles with increased emphasis on gumballs and toys and profits have steadily increased.

I've pruned my route down and started changing out triples with singles and doubles with increased emphasis on gumballs and toys and profits have steadily increased.

Atta boy! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Its been slow going trying to ween from one of my other part time gigs

first day of collections off 14 machines was $214 some good ones and some really crappy ones. thats about a 6-8 week cycle.

its going to take me some time as I need to update all the contact info on each machine as well as put some new labels etc.

As I expected some places have been really neglected but I think I can bring some of them back to life and increase my sales per machine with some new candy and a cleaner machine.

One of the machines that vended MI has desiccant bag tape to the inside of the canister, for moisture I presume, has anyone heard of this? does it work?

I'll keep you posted on my slow progress

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

Update

So far I have serviced about half the route.

Pull so far is $2400 give or take for about 150 locs. some as few as 4 weeks old but some upto 8 weeks.

finding a lot of dirty machines and machines with empty canisters. given that I am sure I can increase sales solely by cleaning the machines and adding fresh candy and new labels.

2 machines so far locked in closed business, 2 stolen as I said in another thread.

all and all no real suprises.

takes some serious time to visit a location, clean a machine, scrap off old ID stickers, add new labels and ID sticker.

Also a few of my locs have the old ultravend machines, WOW i hate those things, bought 40 once when I got started in this and swore I would never use them again. good thing I only paid like $13 each for them, sold them for a pretty good profit.

I will start changing them out once I get on a regular schedule.

route also came with about 60 extra machines to place once I get everything serviced to my liking

Side note: bags of quarters are very heavy. haha, thats a good thing though!

takes some serious time to visit a location, clean a machine, scrap off old ID stickers, add new labels and ID sticker.

Frank, take 10 or 20 of your extra machines ( however many your service vehicle will hold), clean them up, adjust vend portions. label them and test them. Then just take them out to your locations and swap them out. BAM,In and out. Try not to do any work on location if you can.

Sounds like it is going great. Congrats!

Why did you decide to do this? Were these just locations where a triple was not doing very well?

Sounds like it is going great. Congrats!

Why did you decide to do this? Were these just locations where a triple was not doing very well?

some locations doing great $80+ a month with triple, but as you grow you don't have time to service every month and need them longer service cycles not to mention vending toys out of a 1800 triple comes with its issues. Northwestern, A&A's or Oaks have allowed me to address both issue.

How many locations do you have? I am a little confused by your response. You went from triples to a lot of singles and increased your profits at some locations right?

from triples to mostly doubles. Increase of profits from saving gas and time on servicing not to mention loss revenue from a .50 mech jamming on 1800 triple. went from 30 day service cycle to a 90 day service cycle (thats saving 8 trips a year), not sure how to explain it anymore clearer.

• 1 month later...

Another update

Finished all 300 locs, had about 6 closed busineses retrieved all but 1 machine, not bad

Also had 2 stolen but replaced them asap as they are gravy locs.

here are the numbers:

collected $6000 first collection but keep in mind this is up to 8 or 9 weeks for some locs.

also lots of empty canisters on some of the good locations. lost sales for sure!

also cleaned and relabeled them, this will also increase sales I believe.

its been quite an undertaking but think its going to work out.

got at least 50 machines still available to locate, also going to MA this weekend to buy some more, I cant help myself! the price is just too good.

I figure at least a year to prune the crappy locs to increase my profitability. but will leave them for now since my garage and basment is busting at the seems.

got it down to a 3 day work week on a 6 week cycle. this gives me time for my label biz on the off days and nights.

its a good feeling hefting $400-$500 bucks in quaters to the banlk a couple times a week.

Thanks to all

I dont post too often but am on everyday reading away

Frank

Frank it sounds like things are going great. I understand the need to buy more machines, I wish the great deals weren't available.

Frank it sounds like things are going great. I understand the need to buy more machines, I wish the great deals weren't available.

my trip to mass was worth it!

5 double head NAV machines with cash boxes all metal, brand new still in the boxes

plus an extra head

i use these for all my gumball locations

they are like the ones pictured but still in the boxes

all for $300

post-454-0-74896900-1332180311_thumb.jpg

sorry steve

I actually thought about it but then it ended up being straight down and straight back.

Where are you BTW?

I'm in the part that nobody goes to.

• 2 months later...

Bought another route, small but couldn't pass it up!

32 locs, 12 extras

All vendstars (i know but I have over 50 of my evervends I will eventually replace them with)

all along my other existing route

$1500 for everything, I would pay that just for a locator, plus the vendstars I could always flip on ebay if I needed to.

Archived