Machines to AVOID at all costs!

NorthTXVending

Just so your aware: Oak now has a QUICK COLLECT BASE!!!!!!! The con is it's 12.95! LOL!  I'm interested in the opaque panel though! 

So if you have a rack in an entry way that has the sun on it in the later half of the day, would that keep from ruining the product? I have a location that wants me to put the rack in the breezeway and I didn't think you could do it. Can you without ruining the equipment and product? Just toys and gumballs.

what is a collect base?

Here's what I posted earlier in this thread. And I stick by it.

My list of preferences is in no particular order, by the way....

and your reasons for putting northwestern, oak and aa over the Beavers are?

quick collect base is you just lift about 2", turn the machine a 1/4 turn, then pull the money out from underneath.

Beavers are great machines, but over priced.

everything in canada is overpriced, so i don't think is bc beaver machine corporation actually wants to get a lot of profit out of them.

I'm interested in the opaque panel though!

So if you have a rack in an entry way that has the sun on it in the later half of the day, would that keep from ruining the product? I have a location that wants me to put the rack in the breezeway and I didn't think you could do it. Can you without ruining the equipment and product? Just toys and gumballs.

Yep, gumball displays work too.

You still got to deal with heat so avoid items like sticky or petroleum based toys are not good. Rubber bouncy balls, erasers, plastic that kind of thing usually good.

and your reasons for putting northwestern, oak and aa over the Beavers are?

Like Rodney69, I also think they're great machines, but over priced.

I get all the reliability, durability, looks, options, and quality I need for a much lower price using NW, OAK, and A&A equipment.

everything in canada is overpriced, so i don't think is bc beaver machine corporation actually wants to get a lot of profit out of them.

Frankly, I don't give a rat's tail WHY they're overpriced.

All I care about is what I'm getting for my money.

If I'm not getting a substantially better machine to match the substantially higher price, I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Powder coat eventually gets faded to an orange, have some parts in the garage like that, the undersides of the lids are red but the tips are orange

Also it's evident in the fire alarm pulls in sunny areas

The glass doors are facing west and the rack would be just add they walk in. So the sun would be on them from 1pm on.

it would be a 8 way set up with 3 column, 2 on top and 4 or 5 heads on the bottom

quick collect base is you just lift about 2", turn the machine a 1/4 turn, then pull the money out from underneath.

Beavers are great machines, but over priced.

That quick collect base is the dumbest thing I have ever seen that has to be the biggest insult to anyone's intelligence

i just buy what machines are available and make them work. I do vendstars, 1800's, beavers, aa, and vendesign's. Each one has their uses and pros and cons. It's just about buying cheap and turning a profit. Sometimes you can only find vendstars for cheap and other times you find a great deal on beavers or aa machines. If your location keeps breaking your vend stars throw in a beaver or aa machine and call it good.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
1 hour ago, AncientNumber said:

I've had great luck with the u-turn machines. Three 4 head units, and one 8 head terminator. They're easy (& cheap) to fix, lots of parts available too. I managed to get every machine used for under $65. 

Years ago I acquired quite a few U-Turns (mostly Terminators) through multiple route purchases. The Terminators were just too much machine for most locations and servicing them was a hassle because you have to basically disassemble the entire machine to get the money out of the bottom. I cut down the center post and changed most of the Terminators to 4 selection machines and used them until the coin mechs started failing. Eventually I replaced them all with Oak and Northwestern machines because the coin mechs were so much more dependable for me. That said, I made plenty of money with U-Turn machines while I had them, so I applaud you for getting a good deal on them because you'll have them paid for in no time, if not already. At the end of the day, it's about finding what works for you and it sounds like these machines are working out great.

• Like 1