Impulse Treasure Chest

sherlock

At the risk of starting another firestorm, I am a little surprised this hasn't been brought up here...or maybe it has and I missed it.

Impulse's Treasure Chest

Anyone running these?

I know Impulse makes outstanding equipment.

But, I also know that no one supports their customers as good as ParSal.

However, speaking in terms of only the equipment comparisons, I can see where the All-American does have some benefits over the Treasure Chest.

I just wonder what the cost difference is.

Or, given the limitations of the Treasure Chest, is comparing it to an All-American too much of an apples-to-oranges comparison?

Thank You for posting I had not seen that. It's clear that the new all American chicken idea is catching on. You know you have something when people want to copy you. Cardinal is producing many more eggs than they were. And companies are cashing in and copying the idea.

Your right about support. I have been reading post about companies not treating operators right with bad service messed up machines etc. that would not happen at Parsal. Frank would never allow it. He has by far the best team in bulk and they are always there when you need them. I have talked with his marketing director on a Sunday and gotten advice from rob on a Friday night. What more could I ask for

I haven't seen it or talked to Larry at Impulse about it.  It looks like it might be a mostly mechanical in nature with some lights.  Not sure though.

Regardless I am sure it is a solid piece of equipment what ever it does.  Impulse doesn't mess around with their stuff.

I haven't seen it or talked to Larry at Impulse about it.  It looks like it might be a mostly mechanical in nature with some lights.  Not sure though.

Regardless I am sure it is a solid piece of equipment what ever it does.  Impulse doesn't mess around with their stuff.

I agree.

I have never heard or experienced anything negative regarding Impulse's equipment.

Durability and reliability seem to be the standard over there.

I just hope Impulse's price on this Treasure Chest reflect the obvious limitations the Treasure Chest has compared to the All-American.

I agree.

I have never heard or experienced anything negative regarding Impulse's equipment.

Durability and reliability seem to be the standard over there.

I just hope Impulse's price on this Treasure Chest reflect the obvious limitations the Treasure Chest has compared to the All-American.

The treasure chest is 1000. The chicken is a plush type. The parsal is made from a poly resin in a mold. Treasure chest has no power or lights or chicken movement. Treasure chest holds less product also. So value to value parsal wins

The treasure chest is 1000. The chicken is a plush type. The parsal is made from a poly resin in a mold. Treasure chest has no power or lights or chicken movement. Treasure chest holds less product also. So value to value parsal wins

Where are you getting all this from?

I, too, hadn't heard of the Treasure Chest until just before I posted this thread and have been unable to call Larry or find more info online.

Care to share your source of info?

That it holds less product than the All-American is strange considering it's so much bigger overall.

I was actually figuring that its capacity might be a "plus" over the All-American....if you are right about it holding less, then it's actually a huge "minus" (all that size and nothing to show for it).

I also think it's strange that you were told there are "no lights" when the picture clearly shows it lighted.

Well, I got the clarification from Impulse.

This machine actually pre-dates the All-American by twenty years!

It was released in the early 90's and production was stopped approx 10 yrs later.

So this item from impulse is not a knock-off of or a response to anything ParSal is doing.

Impulse has just done a poor job of website maintenance by never taking the machine off their site.

The Treasure Castle (don't know why I keep calling it  "Treasure Chest") had a list price of $999 back then.

So your source was right about that havending...the other stuff, not so much:

The treasure castle did include lights, sound, and a GOOSE.

Yes a GOOSE.

So it was not a chicken machine at all --- it was a goose machine instead.

The goose DID have movement.

They turned just as chickens do in Chicken Machines.

There were also lights AND music.

And lights, music, and goose were all powered by the same battery system used on Impulse scales (a proven platform).

If Impulse comes across any used they would refurb and sell them for approx $650.

But the likelihood of that happening is slim, since the sales rep was sure he hadn't seen one come into their place in years.

Amazing how that "chicken-like" machine came and went so quietly.

No experienced vendors around here knew about it.

Yet, everyone and their grandma knows about the All-American.

Just goes to show how much difference the internet can make in consumer awareness.

That's a good thing, though.

What gossip

Just meant Sherlock did his homework and pretty much answered all questions and cleared up what was true and not true about the machine!!! Just giving Sherlock some credit for going through the work to answer everyones questions!

I see a lot positive things here that should encourage operators to want to use a chicken.

1. The machine was produced for 10 years. Trust me they would not have produced it that long if it did not produce. At the 10 year point I'm sure it would have been time for a new version.

2. It was a grand 20 years ago WOW and you guys call the American expensive. In today's money the American is less expensive.

3. The American has many more standard features. Poly resin character, BA ready, electronic mechs, pricing options and much more.

4. The hold their value. They sell a referb for 650 after 20 years. It kept over half of its org value.

It's unrealistic to assume it was a successful venture for Impulse.

There is evidence to the contrary.

Impulse couldn't have sold many considering they were on the market for 10yrs and very few vendors have even heard of them.

Think about it: most of us have never seen one on location and few (if any) can be found being sold used.

I find 80's chicken machines on the market, but zero Treasure Castles.

If they sold well, where did they all go?

Given that they are not in the field and not being sold used, if we are going to assume anything, it's probably safer to assume not many of these were sold.

If it had sold even decently, more of us would have known about it before this thread even popped up.

Vendors can't keep track of ALL the equipment being released, but Impulse is no small-timer and 10yrs of manufacturing by someone like them should have left a more indelible imprint in vendors' memories if it was at all successful.

Archived