Seasonal Effects - Non-tourism Locations

casey259

I only couldn't find recent topics on seasonal effects on topics relating to seasonal effects relating to tourism locations. This being my first year doing bulk, have you all seen a season holiday effect either for the good or the bad in your locations? I wanted to plan for this if possible or at least be aware of potential issues. It would be great to get feedback from those in non-tourist dependent locations. As always thanks for any and all input. 

I see it also, while I have some Tourist hot spots sales are down traditionally  for a couple months this time of year

I try to stretch my service times to maximize profit.

One place today apologized for not buying as normal and said we have so many sweets around this time of year!

I always know its coming but it sure is disappointing.

same for my label biz, people just are not buying or placing machines this time of year.

I see it also, while I have some Tourist hot spots sales are down traditionally  for a couple months this time of year

I try to stretch my service times to maximize profit.

One place today apologized for not buying as normal and said we have so many sweets around this time of year!

I always know its coming but it sure is disappointing.

same for my label biz, people just are not buying or placing machines this time of year.

Which reminds me, I gotta order some more labels from you.  I always dedicate Dec-Feb to getting pulled machines in my garage route-ready, update marketing material, swap mechs, order equipment upgrades and swap low-performing products.  Great time of year to pause my growth, replenish stock and get my route dialed in.  

I don't have any tourist locations.

So my entire route is "non-tourism locations".

And I sometimes wonder if it's even worth trying to track year-to-year sales.

It's awfully frustrating sometimes because history proves little else other than that up and down months are unpredictable.

I'm having a much better than normal December this year.

I am not complaining.

But, I have no explanation for it.

Adding to the mystery is that some of my slowest locations popped this month to record high collections for those places.

I don't understand where the sales came from...nothing has changed.

It's been business as usual for me in those locations until this month.

I was already planning to pull my equipment from 2 of those spots at the start of the year to relocate them.

Archived