Pulled a machine ugh

parrotthead

26 minutes ago, parrotthead said:

I had to go pull a machine today. A question I have is if the business is owed a commission do you still split with them?

It's not worth it. I pulled a machine yesterday that only had 8$ in it with 25% commission, didn't even mention the money in the machine and there were no issues. 

5 hours ago, parrotthead said:

This was a good location and I had a quarter pusher in there. It had over $200 in it, I took the machine and all of the money

If you were forced out, you definitely shouldn't have given any money. Well done

Absolutely pay them if that's what you agreed to. 

I do that every time.  Besides your own ethics,  you never know who they know,  or could get it back later.  

I leave them with their commission,  tell them thank you,  and give them a card in case they change their mind or any other type of equipment. 

Business owners talk to each other. 

I agree with Rodney and musser. I think you should still fulfill your end of the deal to maintain your professional image, even though you might be pissed about getting booted. You might end up getting a call back in 6 months because they changed their mind or they told a fellow business owner about you. 

5 hours ago, vendtex said:

Was there a contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No contract

1 hour ago, rodney69 said:

Absolutely pay them if that's what you agreed to. 

I do that every time.  Besides your own ethics,  you never know who they know,  or could get it back later.  

I leave them with their commission,  tell them thank you,  and give them a card in case they change their mind or any other type of equipment. 

Business owners talk to each other. 

Has any of them ever called you back?

yep,  4 of them. And I've had people that bought a restaurant that I had equipment in and when they opened back up I paid them the agreed percentage with the Khadr owner. 

They told me to remove it till they  remodeled and still have the location.  Even if I don't think I'll get it,  I pay what's owed no matter what. 

41 minutes ago, QuikVend said:

I agree with Rodney and musser. I think you should still fulfill your end of the deal to maintain your professional image, even though you might be pissed about getting booted. You might end up getting a call back in 6 months because they changed their mind or they told a fellow business owner about you. 

They changed the vending space to a booth so there's no going back. There is no way she would send me another business owner, that would be beneath her. I'm not saying anything bad about her but if you are a business owner here you just don't do that. I messaged her on Facebook and told her I didn't have my scale this morning and I owed her $42, she messaged me back( quick too) saying no I didn't and she hated asking me to leave :)

You really do still owe them the money. The only exception and I am not sure if I was correct is this scenario. I put in a machine and I asked the worker and she was so super nice and we put it in.   1 WEEK  later I get a phone call from a guy who was really nasty saying. ' I want your machine out immediately . I told him I will be riht in your neighborhood in 2 days and would it be allright if I do it on that day.  . He said no and if I am not there he is throwing it out.   In this case and only in this case I went into his business didn't say a word and removed the machine. I waited around to give him his share. I would have owed him 7 dollars He was bullshitting with his pals and ignored me for 10 minutes which seemed like entirnity. I eventually left. In any other situation I would have done the right thing. I still don't like that I didn't give him his share

You really do still owe them the money. The only exception and I am not sure if I was correct is this scenario. I put in a machine and I asked the worker and she was so super nice and we put it in.   1 WEEK  later I get a phone call from a guy who was really nasty saying. ' I want your machine out immediately . I told him I will be riht in your neighborhood in 2 days and would it be allright if I do it on that day.  . He said no and if I am not there he is throwing it out.   In this case and only in this case I went into his business didn't say a word and removed the machine. I waited around to give him his share. I would have owed him 7 dollars He was bullshitting with his pals and ignored me for 10 minutes which seemed like entirnity. I eventually left. In any other situation I would have done the right thing. I still don't like that I didn't give him his share

[/quote. He don't need a share! He was going to toss your machine! I would've pulled my pants down and shown him you're butt! That's his share! Let me know when your in that position again. I will give you my phone number. Sounds like you have a bunch of A holes for customers!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

If there was sounds like it was over when he was thrown out!!

I'm going half way on this. I do agree with Rodney, musser, and quikvend...I would say if their decent about it I would pull it and ask them if they wanted their commission. But if their going to act horrible then they don't need a commission.. Not going to worry about toes in stepping on if their not going to be professional enough to act decently.

If someone is nasty to you and tells you to remove your machine, fine. Find that person and ask them why? They owe you that... And you can still be professional.

Archived