Starting 2012 with no locations... Heres my plan to obtain 100 locations in a year

bulkvendingwizard

Update: I recieved my charity stickers and items one day after placing the order for them. Went to sams and got gumballs 18.88 per case but had to pay 35.00 for the account so 5 boxes of gum cost about 24-25 dollar each.

Out of the 4 locators i have not recieved anything as of yet will keep you posted. I hope that all of them secure these locations this week so that I can move on with my big order.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

once you have a certain amount of machines out and start buying more it wont be as bad,and the fee is yearly so you wont have to pay it again for a while.you should try to get some of your own locations.some people find a machine hard to turn down once they know they are helping a charity.

By using locators if i can get 9 locations a month ill be there.

Your strategy makes it possible, but I'm not sure how profitable that would be for you. I recommend you calculate the total cost per location (locator fee, machine cost, product cost) and start slow. It may take longer than you think to recoup your investment.

OK, let's break this down! Let's pretend we will never have any turnover in a one year period! We will never get the boot, we will never get an out of business location, we will never have theft, we will never have dud locations. Cool! It's all a simple linear (meaning a strait line) function to 100 QUALITY locations using locators! I guess when estimating a future population we only need to consider the birth rate and simply ignore the death rate?

OK, let's break this down! Let's pretend we will never have any turnover in a one year period! We will never get the boot, we will never get an out of business location, we will never have theft, we will never have dud locations. Cool! It's all a simple linear (meaning a strait line) function to 100 QUALITY locations using locators! I guess when estimating a future population we only need to consider the birth rate and simply ignore the death rate?

VERY WELL PUT...DEATH RATE IS IMPT AS WELL

Alright here is my update to obtaining 100 locations for the year 2012:

Today makes day 14 into my journey and i currently have established 6 locations for this month thusfar. I have 24 locations left that need to be secured by locators. I contacted the companies I am using and all state that they will have the majority of the 24 secured this week and remainder next week.

So starting feb 1 ill have 30 locations. Im going to run these for a 30 day cycle and see how well things are going for the 30 days and probably secure some more accounts.

March- I am going to replace any locations making less than 15.00-20.00 a month.

April and may I want to add 30 accounts for each of those months brining me a total of 90 accounts.

June, and July I will be replacing any locations that are making less than 15-20

August- I will be adding another 30 accounts bringing me up to 90 locations averg. 15-20

September - relate anything not performing

October add 10 accounts brining me to 100

November & December: Re analysis the route and making any changes for the new year...

Starting 2013 with 100 locations.

Alright here is my update to obtaining 100 locations for the year 2012:

Today makes day 14 into my journey and i currently have established 6 locations for this month thusfar. I have 24 locations left that need to be secured by locators. I contacted the companies I am using and all state that they will have the majority of the 24 secured this week and remainder next week.

So starting feb 1 ill have 30 locations. Im going to run these for a 30 day cycle and see how well things are going for the 30 days and probably secure some more accounts.

March- I am going to replace any locations making less than 15.00-20.00 a month.

April and may I want to add 30 accounts for each of those months brining me a total of 90 accounts.

June, and July I will be replacing any locations that are making less than 15-20

August- I will be adding another 30 accounts bringing me up to 90 locations averg. 15-20

September - relate anything not performing

October add 10 accounts brining me to 100

November & December: Re analysis the route and making any changes for the new year...

Starting 2013 with 100 locations.

Personally, a location making $15-$20 a month is actually a decent location? I'll let the others chime in here, but personally, an account making $240 a year would be INSANE to ditch??

I always give my new accts more than 1 month to decide if I will keep them or not, I factor in things like time of year,do I need to try another item, is my machine in the best location within the location, (as little as 6 ft one way or the other can make a big difference) etc...

you might also want to have a new location before you pick up the ones you think are under performing

• 3 weeks later...

well I started vending back up Jan 1 2012 and thusfar I have 30 locations from locators. I plan to kick it up a knotch, and by doing so i think that i will be able to have all 100 locations by May-June.

100 single head gumball machines, with the exception to a few single head 2" toy machines, and a couple of racks.

I think that this is a good plan and tactic.

I found a locator that was going to place 12 racks for me for 1800.00.

After speaking to other forum members i think they are right.

Im going to spend the money and put out 100 singles first.

Thusfar I am on a roll and doing decent with the 30 locations that i have now.

Vending is a volume game. one thing i have learned is to never get hung up on how one individual location does. you have to play the numbers and the more locations you get, the more the numbers will play out. The more bad spots you have, the more good ones u will have. But that doesn't mean get garbage. Get good locations within reason. use common sense. Im doing singles so i can have more locations and service more in less time. If it doesn't make that much, i will service it less often. But remember in vending, you do what you want to do.

JLM, You are doing singles? What are you putting in your singles? won't a location want more than just a single if another vendor offeres a tripple or a uturn? Im just wondering?

I started doing singles. I am doing PMM and GB sparingly. Based on my experience PMM sells more consistently. I used to think a location wants more than a single. But more than anything, most locations don't have room for bigger machines. But that is just my experience. And if they want more than a single, it's not illegal to adjust. My mentality is keep the bread and butter of your business as singles. And adjust accordingly. It's always better to be working your way up, as opposed to having to work down and downgrade your machines. Cheaper that way. I still have 26 locations U turns. Continuing to do singles, singles. If a spot calls for a double, then upgrade it accordingly.

Oh and also, My friend that does single GB's sells even better when he puts his little gb machine right next to a Terminator. I guess people don't have to choose and would rather go for the single as opposed to picking out of 8 products. I like u turns. But i don't want to build primarily with them.

wow, I never thought about it this way. I do have one location that is just a single. It has gumballs in it. It emptys every month, one of my best machines. the other 50 machines I have are half uturns and Half doubles. I have toys and gumballs in my doubles....candy here and there. In my uturns I have toys, gumballs, and the other two canisters as candy.

May I ask how much you average for each location with your sickening heads. I mean. Do your Uturns do more? . Is it worth it to have anything more than a single in most cases

Here is how I look at it Iloveuturn. BTW I agree when you said u turns look cool. They do look cool and once in a while you should spread them out and put them in certain places that you want to. But I try to look at the big picture. And that is just the cash. Im not gonna dwell on how much every single one of my machines makes and how many each product is selling. My idea is you need to focus on volume, volume, volume. More and more locations is always better. While U turns can gross a little bit more than a single in some spots, U turns will also slow your building process down. I realized when you get hung up on how much each individual spot is making, your not growing fast enough, your not focused on the big pic IOW, when you do singles or doubles you don't have to worry about staying a long time for service. You don't have to worry about high product costs, and the hassle of switching out products all the time due to slow sales. Also when you have more products, each product takes away sales from the other products. In my experience, PMM is the winner 9 out of 10 times and the other products are pretty much a waste. But every spot is different. When you simplify your business and minimize your overall cost, you can expand more rapidly. You might have 2 u turns doing 70 bucks a month. But then you might have 3 that are not doing Sh*t. So your stuck on 2 spots. Or you could have 15 singles or doubles doing 15 to 30 bucks a month. So not only are you making a little bit more overall, but your expenses are minimized and your able to grow much quicker. You are focused on expanding rather than doing u turns and worrying about how much each spot is making since the product cost is so high, as is the spoilage over time.

So build with more simple machines first. Less is more in bulk vending. Then as a location permits you to offer more selections, you have the option of upgrading if you feel it is right.

From my experience, The most profitable locations are the ones I have found myself. Not knocking Locators but I would just plae the machines on my own.

Well you must be a slick salesman then or extremely picker. I guess it all depends on if you have a good locator. My locator can get spots better than me in his sleep because his voice is so compelling.

Well you must be a slick salesman then or extremely picker. I guess it all depends on if you have a good locator. My locator can get spots better than me in his sleep because his voice is so compelling.

There's a difference between placing a machine and making a "Decent" profit. That being said, I'm going to try a different locator and see how it goes. Vending to me is the same as selling and one has to be bold and assertive to work this business well.

Archived