What model is this machine?

Leetvend

That is a late model Pepsi machine that I would guess is a Dixie Narco (May be a Vendo, pic is to small). They are nice machines but in all honesty if someone is trying to sell this to you it probably still is property of Pepsi. You would need to double check this before putting any money down on it.

That is a late model Pepsi machine that I would guess is a Dixie Narco (May be a Vendo, pic is to small). They are nice machines but in all honesty if someone is trying to sell this to you it probably still is property of Pepsi. You would need to double check this before putting any money down on it.

Yea, I asked him for the serial # and stuff of the machine so I can call pepsi and check. What is a number I can call to make sure the machine is not stolen?

Judging by what I can see, it appears to have a vendo coin bezel (or whatever the thing is called) and has 10 selections so I am pretty certain it is a Vendo V-21 series (or maybe V-max which I think are very similar). It's hard to see without a closer look at the entry point for the coins.

I don't think it's a DN but I also don't think it's a Royal so I am settling with a Vendo.

Don't you old-school vendors mess with me on the new-school stuff!

Think it might be a Vendo as well. If I remember right, Dixie's version of that machine has the bill acceptor in the middle white column between the soda selections. It is a late model machine, yes, and if it was the Dixie HVV series, it would be a pretty good machine. Not too familiar with the V-Max.

Think it might be a Vendo as well. If I remember right, Dixie's version of that machine has the bill acceptor in the middle white column between the soda selections. It is a late model machine, yes, and if it was the Dixie HVV series, it would be a pretty good machine. Not too familiar with the V-Max.

yea, its for a great price so if I can get it I will, just have to make sure its not owned by Pepsi. I sent an email to Pepsi since I could not find the bottling number I needed. Hopefully they will email me back soonish.

yea, its for a great price so if I can get it I will, just have to make sure its not owned by Pepsi. I sent an email to Pepsi since I could not find the bottling number I needed. Hopefully they will email me back soonish.

Just to let you know, Pepsi wouldn't mind at all if you were using that vending machine or even if you paid any amount of money for it... but if it was actually their machine, and they had a customer that needed it, bye bye vending machine.

Just to let you know, Pepsi wouldn't mind at all if you were using that vending machine or even if you paid any amount of money for it... but if it was actually their machine, and they had a customer that needed it, bye bye vending machine.

Yea, if they own it I am not going to buy it. Seems like it would be more of a hassle than its worth.

I am going to go look at a couple vending machines tomorrow. What are some things I should test before buying it? How do I program it to see if it is multi-price or single price? Any and all advice is extremely appreciated.

I am going to go look at a couple vending machines tomorrow. What are some things I should test before buying it? How do I program it to see if it is multi-price or single price? Any and all advice is extremely appreciated.

Generally, if it's single price, you will find that within the coin mech. You need to know how to open up the top part of a coin mech to do that but once you see the switches, you'll know right away as that controls the pricing on a single-price machine (and a single price machine takes a single-price coin mech and a multi-price machine will take a "regular" coin mech).

The main things that I check are this:

Does the machine cool? (ask them to plug it in before you get there to verify it's cooling, if it's already cold outside, check for frost on the evaporator/condensor on the bottom of the machine.. if it's cold and there's a long zig-zagging line of frost, you are doing okay, if it's a solid block of ice in one spot, it's low on refrigeration, if it's not cooling... well.... depending on the machine, $150-$250 to swap it out, $50 to refill refrigeration)

Does the machine take dollar bills? (physically try to put dollar bills in and see if it takes them... this may require about 20 dimes, 20 nickles, and 20 quarters roughly to allow the machine to have enough change to take the dollar... once the "exact change only" light goes out, try the dollar bills... if it takes them, great... if not... could be a $75-150 repair).

Does it take and give change? (if there's pretty much ANYTHING wrong here... $50 for repair + shipping should cover you to fix the coin mech problem).

*IF IT IS A NEWER MACHINE AND HAS A PICTURE OF A BOTTLE ON THE FRONT** This GENERALLY means that it's not only capable of selling bottles but also cans AND it's almost certainly multiprice.

One other thing I would check would be if it has MDB... these are a CERTAIN TYPE of plastic plug. You should look it up and get an idea of what it looks like... MOST machines have some sort of a plastic plug connected to the DBV (Dollar Bill Validator) but that does not mean it's an MDB plug at all.... having MDB means that the machine can be easily upgraded in various ways and having a route with MDB equipment means you only need 1 spare coin mech and 1 spare DBV for your entire route as a backup should a DBV or coin-mech stop functioning.

To sum this up: Check the refrigeration, check the DBV, check the coin-mech, check to see if it has MDB. Single-price is not bad at all but you shouldn't offer a lot of money for a single-price machine ($500 in excellent working condition is a decent price). An MDB bottle machine in excellent condition... I could pay up to $1200 depending on the age and quality.

Generally, if it's single price, you will find that within the coin mech. You need to know how to open up the top part of a coin mech to do that but once you see the switches, you'll know right away as that controls the pricing on a single-price machine (and a single price machine takes a single-price coin mech and a multi-price machine will take a "regular" coin mech).

The main things that I check are this:

Does the machine cool? (ask them to plug it in before you get there to verify it's cooling, if it's already cold outside, check for frost on the evaporator/condensor on the bottom of the machine.. if it's cold and there's a long zig-zagging line of frost, you are doing okay, if it's a solid block of ice in one spot, it's low on refrigeration, if it's not cooling... well.... depending on the machine, $150-$250 to swap it out, $50 to refill refrigeration)

Does the machine take dollar bills? (physically try to put dollar bills in and see if it takes them... this may require about 20 dimes, 20 nickles, and 20 quarters roughly to allow the machine to have enough change to take the dollar... once the "exact change only" light goes out, try the dollar bills... if it takes them, great... if not... could be a $75-150 repair).

Does it take and give change? (if there's pretty much ANYTHING wrong here... $50 for repair + shipping should cover you to fix the coin mech problem).

*IF IT IS A NEWER MACHINE AND HAS A PICTURE OF A BOTTLE ON THE FRONT** This GENERALLY means that it's not only capable of selling bottles but also cans AND it's almost certainly multiprice.

One other thing I would check would be if it has MDB... these are a CERTAIN TYPE of plastic plug. You should look it up and get an idea of what it looks like... MOST machines have some sort of a plastic plug connected to the DBV (Dollar Bill Validator) but that does not mean it's an MDB plug at all.... having MDB means that the machine can be easily upgraded in various ways and having a route with MDB equipment means you only need 1 spare coin mech and 1 spare DBV for your entire route as a backup should a DBV or coin-mech stop functioning.

To sum this up: Check the refrigeration, check the DBV, check the coin-mech, check to see if it has MDB. Single-price is not bad at all but you shouldn't offer a lot of money for a single-price machine ($500 in excellent working condition is a decent price). An MDB bottle machine in excellent condition... I could pay up to $1200 depending on the age and quality.

Thank you so much :) This post helps me out a ton, I really appreciate it.

I never would have thought of checking if it had MDB, as well as checking for frost on the evaporator.

multi price machine would have a digital price read out and a service switch inside thats the simplest way to tell IMO. i havent seen any single price machines with an LED read out...

if its froze solid it is probably not the gas more likely a thermastat or some other issue if its the gas it would be frozen on the righthand(?) side up near the corner.

also you need to have at least one product "sold out switch" depressed for the DBV to take bills so you should bring a few cans like 6 or so should be enough or just depress the switch manually. it is the big paddle thing inside the columns. also i think u just need nickels i have only used nickels when testing and that usually triggers the exact change light off...however i only use dixie machines so YMMV.

also u need to check the vend motors...take off the motor cover and depress the switch on the motor make sure they work or u can just vend product thru the machine but that is kind of time consuming. i would vend at least something i bring product with me.

What model / make is this machine? I see them all over and really like the look of them. Are they quality machines? or just junk that looks good but breaks easy? Thanks in advance :)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/vendingmachine.jpg/

i have no idea but it looks like a single price vendor they are all very similar in operation. i would look for the make model on a panel on the side of the door (outside near the hinges at the bottom) if its a dixie narco thats where it would say it. location may vary on other makes.

Royal, Dixie Naro & Vendo all made a version of the High Visibility Vendor (HVV) for Pepsi but this machine does not look like it is either of them. The HVV Series all had payment systems in the centre between the selection buttons. On the machine you have the selections & payment system are on the side which to me looks more like someone has just put a HVV front on another machine.

My guess would be that this machine is a Royal Merlin 4 with a Royal HVV decal on the front, if that makes any sense. Also, in the picture the machine has 12 selections on the front but 10 selection on the side.

A serial number would be more helpfull than a picture if you could get one?

Royal, Dixie Naro & Vendo all made a version of the High Visibility Vendor (HVV) for Pepsi but this machine does not look like it is either of them. The HVV Series all had payment systems in the centre between the selection buttons. On the machine you have the selections & payment system are on the side which to me looks more like someone has just put a HVV front on another machine.

My guess would be that this machine is a Royal Merlin 4 with a Royal HVV decal on the front, if that makes any sense. Also, in the picture the machine has 12 selections on the front but 10 selection on the side.

A serial number would be more helpfull than a picture if you could get one?

I asked the guy who had it for a serial # and all that after he replied to me the first time so I could call pepsi and make sure they did not own it. No response as of yet.

I asked the guy who had it for a serial # and all that after he replied to me the first time so I could call pepsi and make sure they did not own it. No response as of yet.

So can you post serial number? The serial number will give information on what make, model & year machine was manufatured. I surpose its more important to find out first if machine is still owned by pepsi but with serial number you will be able to tell what machine it is.

Here in New Zealand Pepsi sold there Vending Division to an independent operator a few year ago so they don't own any Pepsi logo machine's anymore. I don't know what they do in the USA? Do they sell there equipment to operator's?

So can you post serial number? The serial number will give information on what make, model & year machine was manufatured. I surpose its more important to find out first if machine is still owned by pepsi but with serial number you will be able to tell what machine it is.

Here in New Zealand Pepsi sold there Vending Division to an independent operator a few year ago so they don't own any Pepsi logo machine's anymore. I don't know what they do in the USA? Do they sell there equipment to operator's?

Sorry I would if I had it. He emailed me back quickly when I was first talking to him about price and all that. Then once I asked for serial numbers he stopped messaging me back, have not heard back from him since.

Sorry I would if I had it. He emailed me back quickly when I was first talking to him about price and all that. Then once I asked for serial numbers he stopped messaging me back, have not heard back from him since.

Could be a simple explanation for why he hasn't replied. Maybe he doesn't know where to find serial number on machine or maybe he has been to busy to go to site to get it? Sound's abit dodgy to me though. Most people in vending would know where to find a serial number on a machine if they wanted too. I have seen machine's with no serial number's on them before but you would have to ask yourself why they would remove them. Coca Cola have alot of machine's here with no serial number's on the outside them.

I think they remove them when refurbing (painting) the exterior but should still have serial on inside door & refrigeration compartment.

Could be a simple explanation for why he hasn't replied. Maybe he doesn't know where to find serial number on machine or maybe he has been to busy to go to site to get it? Sound's abit dodgy to me though. Most people in vending would know where to find a serial number on a machine if they wanted too. I have seen machine's with no serial number's on them before but you would have to ask yourself why they would remove them. Coca Cola have alot of machine's here with no serial number's on the outside them.

I think they remove them when refurbing (painting) the exterior but should still have serial on inside door & refrigeration compartment.

yea, he only lives like 5 minutes from me, so I am going to call him and go check the machine out and get the serial # myself.

yea, he only lives like 5 minutes from me, so I am going to call him and go check the machine out and get the serial # myself.

You may also want to ask him if he know's past history of machine, who he brought it off ect.. Maybe a simple explanation of why it has Pepsi front on it.

You may also want to ask him if he know's past history of machine, who he brought it off ect.. Maybe a simple explanation of why it has Pepsi front on it.

If you can't find serial number can you take another bigger picture of machine. I don't thik this is a HVV door because it wouldn't fit on a normal bubble front. Check to see if selection button on front are actullay button's or not. Look's like to me that it is just a pepsi sticker placed over the top of a bubble front door but it is hard to tell because of the size of the photo. Goodluck!

Archived