Pipe Stands

redfleet32

If anyone knows someone in California selling used pipe stands, I am looking to purchase 100-200 of these. Please IM message me if you have any leads. Thank you.

TNT is out in santa clara. They sell mostly product, but also deal in machines. They might get a good deal for you if you want to pick them up from them. They are out by the san jose airport.

I'm assuming you are in the bay area based on your giants picture in your profile.

A&A has an office and a warehouse in L.A.

They do stock pipe stands there.

I know L.A. is not a short drive from the Bay Area.

But, it may be cheaper than shipping 200 pipe stands since the bases are so heavy.

Well with gas these days, it would only be cheaper if you took home a bunch of them. Gas will run a couple hundred bucks on average.

TNT is out in santa clara. They sell mostly product, but also deal in machines. They might get a good deal for you if you want to pick them up from them. They are out by the san jose airport.

I'm assuming you are in the bay area based on your giants picture in your profile.

What is TNT?

Well with gas these days, it would only be cheaper if you took home a bunch of them. Gas will run a couple hundred bucks on average.

Jeez, how much is a "bunch" in your world?

Anything over 100 is a "bunch" IMO...and the original poster stated he may need as many as 200.

BTW, redfleet, I steered you towards new instead of used since that quantity will be hard to find used unless you are willing to wait a long time buying a few here and there.

Jeez, how much is a "bunch" in your world?

Anything over 100 is a "bunch" IMO...and the original poster stated he may need as many as 200.

BTW, redfleet, I steered you towards new instead of used since that quantity will be hard to find used unless you are willing to wait a long time buying a few here and there.

I just don't see how you could fit 100 in your vehicle. You know San Francisco to LA is like an 8 hour drive.

I just don't see how you could fit 100 in your vehicle. You know San Francisco to LA is like an 8 hour drive.

If you can't "see how you could fit 100 in your vehicle", you've never seen pipe stands when bought new.

They come disassembled and boxed in a very tidy fashion.

And LA to Frisco can be done in way less than 8hrs.

I have family that does it in closer to 6hrs more than once a year...and they're no speed demons.

Besides, the time it takes should be irrelevant.

You already stated on a previous post: Well with gas these days, it would only be cheaper if you took home a bunch of them.

Is your route so big that 100-200 stands doesn't qualify as a "bunch"?

But, whatever. I'm just trying to help.

I'm offering redfleet an option.

Maybe it's not the best option, who knows.

But my suggestion is viable.

What do you suggest redfleet do?

I never tried that, 100 seems awfully hard to fit. 100 machines as well. I have fitted 10 u turns in my car barely including the trunk. I had to make 4 or 5 trips to get all the machines from the guy. Sherlock, do you have any beavers?

C'MON MAN!

You come in here and cast doubt on the suggestions of others when you obviously do not have the experience to critique the viability of said suggestions.

You don't offer the OP an alternative suggestion of your own.

And now you want to hijack this thread and talk about Beavers?

What are you doing?!

If anyone knows someone in California selling used pipe stands, I am looking to purchase 100-200 of these. Please IM message me if you have any leads. Thank you.

Something I did recently was had a friend who has a plasma cutter and mig welder make me some stands. I made the bases out of 3/16 steel 12" X 15" rectangular. Welded a 1" pipe coupler in the center and painted black. This was very cost effective for me. I bought the friend and his helper some lunch and we knocked out 10 of them in an hour. Also threw in some old gumballs and made them really happy.

I never tried that, 100 seems awfully hard to fit. 100 machines as well. I have fitted 10 u turns in my car barely including the trunk. I had to make 4 or 5 trips to get all the machines from the guy. Sherlock, do you have any beavers?

Typically, pipe stands come in a box that's pretty close to flat. I suppose weight could be an issue if you are buying cast iron, but I doubt that you'd need that style for this sort of machine. Really, I can see someone packing 200 easily into a standard van. Even out of box, the pipes and bases aren't very large, and once disassembled would be easy to pack into even a larger sedan. As for machines, it all depends on how you stack them.

Thanks for the help to those of you with positive and helpful comments. I actually live in Visalia which is half way between LA and SF. I go to LA once a month so its not out of the way. I usaully take my trailer when picking up more than 20 so its no problem with the transport. I am going to pick up 30 new ones while I search for some used ones. Eagle has new ones for 29 each. I usually get used ones for 15 each. I'll also check A&A. I've never used them so I appreciate that lead. I also forgot to check with TNT, so thanks for the reminder. Thats why this site is so good for those that want to use it in a positive way.

By the way, bought 62 Oak heads this week from a lady in Truckee Ca and put out 24 in five days. My best week in 20 years. Shooting for the others within 1 month.

THanks everyone

Paul

Thanks for the help to those of you with positive and helpful comments. I actually live in Visalia which is half way between LA and SF. I go to LA once a month so its not out of the way. I usaully take my trailer when picking up more than 20 so its no problem with the transport. I am going to pick up 30 new ones while I search for some used ones. Eagle has new ones for 29 each. I usually get used ones for 15 each. I'll also check A&A. I've never used them so I appreciate that lead. I also forgot to check with TNT, so thanks for the reminder. Thats why this site is so good for those that want to use it in a positive way.

By the way, bought 62 Oak heads this week from a lady in Truckee Ca and put out 24 in five days. My best week in 20 years. Shooting for the others within 1 month.

THanks everyone

Paul

Fantastic work! Good luck with your vending "empire" redfleet32!

Eagle has new ones for 29 each.

If you decide to get those Eagle stands, that's a good price for them. They are cast iron pipe stands. The base looks like the weight from a barbell.

You'll like those Oaks. The only drawback I have is you have to take the machine apart to get the coins. I guess I'm spoiled with the Norhwesterns. Overall though, the machine is rugged and works great. I'm a fan of the square globe. ;)

Good luck in getting the rest out, Paul.

There was a guy in Florida that used to make a great pipe stand. Cant remember who though. Does anyone remember him? They were pretty good stands, powder coated and also had a rust proof bottom coat, I think it was like that truck bed liner coating. Never bought any but I heard of him through some charity operators a few years back. Anyone??

There was a guy in Florida that used to make a great pipe stand. Cant remember who though. Does anyone remember him? They were pretty good stands, powder coated and also had a rust proof bottom coat, I think it was like that truck bed liner coating. Never bought any but I heard of him through some charity operators a few years back. Anyone??

There is an ornimental metalworking company called metalcraft that also makes pole stands. The base and the flange are welded to 3/4" square stock. I can find the address if you want.

I think this is the site dperry is referring to. I may be wrong.

http://www.metalcraf...ucts.asp?id=147

Yup, that's it.

I have one of those. Its actually kind of a pain. It makes it hard to transport the machines. With pipe stands, you can take them apart to let you fit a bunch of them in your car. You can't do that with these metalcraft stands.

Something I did recently was had a friend who has a plasma cutter and mig welder make me some stands. I made the bases out of 3/16 steel 12" X 15" rectangular. Welded a 1" pipe coupler in the center and painted black. This was very cost effective for me. I bought the friend and his helper some lunch and we knocked out 10 of them in an hour. Also threw in some old gumballs and made them really happy.

You have a pic of the finish stand? I have welder and thought of making my own.

If you are shipping within California...you should be able to get a flat rate pallet rate for under $100 (to a commercial address) I ship LTL freight daily around CA for about $90 (depending on the fuel surcharge). You can load up a skid with whatever will fit! I dont currently carry pipe stands( we have some others) but if you buy them from A&A and are having them ship within CA, ask for the pallet rate. ;D

Archived