what to spend $1,000 on, to grow my business

krzys555

i havew a $1,000 to spend on machines, stock, and locators.

any tips or sugestions would be apreciated.

i would like to keep it to bulk or toy machines.

i am new to bulk and toy vending.

i have not found any routes for sale, or any good deals on equipment.

i am located in port chester NY. 40 minutes from NYC

Buy some vista 300's with gumball wheels and pipe stands from Oak. Get Double Bubble gum from Sams. Get some charity stickers from NCCS. Get Eddie Bauer to get you some locations. I don't know how much shipping would be, but that should get you 5-8 single head gumball charity machines and locations.

It used to be when Amerivend was still around, that you can get pipe stands delivered to you for $27 total cost each. I haven't bought a new pipe stand in years, so I don't know what the going rate is anymore. But I figure one entire machine with location should cost you about $125.

vending is for me.

i have been doing the soda machines for about 2 years.

however i am new to bulk vending

because you have been vending full line for 2 years you do not need a locator, save that money.

buy single head machines and then build singles/doubles or triples with those. (buy oak or a&a po style machine)

get 50 cent mechs on 1 inch machines and then I will sell you used 25 mechs real cheap.

buy capsule wheels and risers for these machines, do not buy gumball wheels. (use riser to vend gumballs, remove riser to vend capsules)

buy at least one 2 inch machine, maybe 2.

buy at least a four way step stand. if not a 5 way.

buy product with left over money.

Can you add bulk to your current locations? This is the easiest way to expand, and you already have a relationship with the location. Also one way to expand is to get the location, then buy the machine, knowing you already have a place for it before you spend the money.

i havew a $1,000 to spend on machines, stock, and locators.

any tips or sugestions would be apreciated.

i would like to keep it to bulk or toy machines.

i am new to bulk and toy vending.

i have not found any routes for sale, or any good deals on equipment.

i am located in port chester NY. 40 minutes from NYC

mind if i ask why u are interested in spending the 1k on bulk vending, if you are already doing full line?

maybe 1k doesnt go as far in NY as it does in FL but you can buy some nice used full line equipment from 1k

honestly if i had 3 snack machines and no honor boxes id be drowning in stale product, i would use the 1k on honor boxes to get my volume higher.

mind if i ask why u are interested in spending the 1k on bulk vending, if you are already doing full line?

maybe 1k doesnt go as far in NY as it does in FL but you can buy some nice used full line equipment from 1k

honestly if i had 3 snack machines and no honor boxes id be drowning in stale product, i would use the 1k on honor boxes to get my volume higher.

i would like to do both full line and bulk. my full line machines take me about 1-2 days a week.

1k will get me about 1 snack machine that is descent with vend sure.

the 3 snack machines do about 300 a week each.

Honor boxes do not work at leat from my expereince as there is more snacks taken then money to break even on the cost of the snacks.

i would like to do both full line and bulk. my full line machines take me about 1-2 days a week.

1k will get me about 1 snack machine that is descent with vend sure.

the 3 snack machines do about 300 a week each.

Honor boxes do not work at leat from my expereince as there is more snacks taken then money to break even on the cost of the snacks.

huh, possibly NY is different but i havent had that problem at all.

i guess i am thinking more along the lines of buying a fixer-upper , new fronts,paint,etc.. you can install ivend aftermarket ...you should be able to pick up a drink/snack and make it look decent for a grand, or serveral snacks, just saying...even in terms of ROI ...u r grossing $300/wk of a 1k investment ...a bulk rack in a good location grosses 250/mo?

huh, possibly NY is different but i havent had that problem at all.

i guess i am thinking more along the lines of buying a fixer-upper , new fronts,paint,etc.. you can install ivend aftermarket ...you should be able to pick up a drink/snack and make it look decent for a grand, or serveral snacks, just saying...even in terms of ROI ...u r grossing $300/wk of a 1k investment ...a bulk rack in a good location grosses 250/mo?

i havent seen anything worth the effort. the only machine i have seen for sale this month is about 10 year old machine.

i know the bulk machines do not bring in huge amounts like snack or sodas however i do not expect fast repayment.

as long as i make my money back within 9 months i will be glad.

I built my entire route on secondhand machines, and have had very few problems. I'd agree with the others, start off with a few singles or doubles and place them where/when you can. I wouldn't recommend buying a whole bunch of machines at once as they take up a lot of space in a real hurry.

• 2 weeks later...

i have done great! i have used up $600 so far and have been able to place 23 machines. not including the cost to fill them

i have used a local locator that does it in person. i have also gotten machines from one of his contacts for 15 each.

they only have 6 more machines. i figure id take a break once i get 6 more located

i have done great! i have used up $600 so far and have been able to place 23 machines. not including the cost to fill them

i have used a local locator that does it in person. i have also gotten machines from one of his contacts for 15 each.

they only have 6 more machines. i figure id take a break once i get 6 more located

Great job! Always good to hear a success story!

I would give honor snack boxes some consideration. Reason, more bang for the buck.

accept there is the trust factor. The other day I lost my cell phone at the gym and I texted it and they ransomed me for a lot of money. Just seems to me that there are a lot of untrustworthy people out there to try to pull this off. Stealing has never been easier.

accept there is the trust factor. The other day I lost my cell phone at the gym and I texted it and they ransomed me for a lot of money. Just seems to me that there are a lot of untrustworthy people out there to try to pull this off. Stealing has never been easier.

I understand how you feel. I was use to people stealing from me and that is what they did. At the height of things I would give away $1500.00 a week and laugh all the way to the bank.

It isn't an easy business but the fact that some are worried about theft leaves the door open for others. The business that always worried me was full line vending which I was in for 12 years. All that money tied up in equipment and everyone looking to take your accounts away and leave you with the payments at the bank.

The snack box business is not for everyone in fact it is not for most but it took good care of my family.

I understand how you feel. I was use to people stealing from me and that is what they did. At the height of things I would give away $1500.00 a week and laugh all the way to the bank.

It isn't an easy business but the fact that some are worried about theft leaves the door open for others. The business that always worried me was full line vending which I was in for 12 years. All that money tied up in equipment and everyone looking to take your accounts away and leave you with the payments at the bank.

The snack box business is not for everyone in fact it is not for most but it took good care of my family.

Very interesting. I hadn't considered this due to the clear theft issue. Every vendor I've dealt with directly has told me to stay far away from them. I'm always surprised to hear a success story out there. Thanks for sharing!

Very interesting. I hadn't considered this due to the clear theft issue. Every vendor I've dealt with directly has told me to stay far away from them. I'm always surprised to hear a success story out there. Thanks for sharing!

its like anything else pricing and product mix and also volume (# of accounts) just churn your lowest perfoming

accts.

look at it this way, if you haev a small box like mine it takes 10 bucks or so to fill it up. are you willing to risk

10 bucks to make 30?

only once has someone stole ALL The product and never left money behind.

its like anything else pricing and product mix and also volume (# of accounts) just churn your lowest perfoming

accts.

look at it this way, if you haev a small box like mine it takes 10 bucks or so to fill it up. are you willing to risk

10 bucks to make 30?

only once has someone stole ALL The product and never left money behind.

Is it true that you can't put these boxes in big companies? Are you just putting them in little tiny business offices?

Archived