Need Help Identifying this Dixie narco machine and is it a good deal

thenewguy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I have done instead of putting tubing back around wiring, is cutting the old tubing off, and then wraping the wires together really tight with fireproof electrical tape. Its just like tubing when you put a good two layers on.

Sounds like you understand.

Yes that is a photo of a HO socket.

Walta

next question

so the red 1 and red 2 are off

how do I determine which one goes where?

and the third wire is blue 2 I so should be able to trace it back to the blue 1 with no problem

ok almost finish with the harness

I went with the heat shrinking connectors instead of soldering but I think I got too excited in the store and picked up the ones that were various sizes

still think I did a decent job

I put heat shrinking tubing around each wire then I plan to tape them all back together in the morning

added a little length to the red and blue wires

and took a little away from the yellow

hope I didn't screw this one up LOL

will post pictures of my Frankenstein wire harness tomorrow

thanks to every one especially Walta for the help so far

but I'm sure I will be bugging you guys with my next issue (figuring out why two of the slots won't vend) ;D

Just keep in mind that if you cross the wires wrong and you don't get what you are looking for, you should consider running because it's gonna explode!!!!!

just kidding ;D

I had no idea how loud my machines would be when I first bought them. I plugged it in and was like OH NO! Its going to blow! Then it got quieter and all was well.

I had no idea how loud my machines would be when I first bought them. I plugged it in and was like OH NO! Its going to blow! Then it got quieter and all was well.

In some of my industrial accounts, I can't even tell if the machine is running unless I touch the soda because the locations are so loud!

Also, I've noticed that some of the older can machines are really loud too.

I have actually crawled into the bottom of soda machines before to listen to the compressors, because I was almost sure they weren't running. That's always in a large manufacturing account where you can't hear yourself think. I usually just feel the compressor if the fan is off, and if the fan is on, I assume its running okay. If the fan is off, then the compressor should be warm (not burning hot) and vibrating gently.

Ladies and gentlemen we Have Light

post-3838-0-06277800-1332191931_thumb.jpg

I have only had it on for a short time

going to plug it up in a little while and watch it for an hour to make sure nothing starts smoking and burn the house down :D

next question

is their a way to make the motors run with the door open so I can see why no cans are being dropped out of the two large slots?

they actually look like they could vend bottles but dixie narco insisted they are can only

I can hear it moving when I have the door closed but can't see why its not dispensing

You may have to prime the columns on your initial fill. The easiest way is to put product In the column and just make up to seven Vends. Something should come out before you get there.

You may have to prime the columns on your initial fill. The easiest way is to put product In the column and just make up to seven Vends. Something should come out before you get there.

finally got them to vend

but when it gets to the last row of soda it stops because the drinks are not touching the tabs

finally got them to vend

but when it gets to the last row of soda it stops because the drinks are not touching the tabs

Mine does that to, I believe it is so there is always cold product in the machine when you go to refill it (I could be completely wrong though, just a guess)

They're supposed to do that.Dixie and Vendo both do that(not sure about Royal though).

John

On older Vendos and Dixie's it is normal, yes. It is called precool. The logic was that once themachinegoes empty, you can fill it and the customer will have instant cold drinks. Royal (pioneered by Roy Steeley of AMS fame) has always used the drop sensor. Now Royal, Vendo and USI all rely on sensors as do all glass front machines so they will completely sell out. I believe DN still uses the precool option.

On older Vendos and Dixie's it is normal, yes. It is called precool. The logic was that once themachinegoes empty, you can fill it and the customer will have instant cold drinks. Royal (pioneered by Roy Steeley of AMS fame) has always used the drop sensor. Now Royal, Vendo and USI all rely on sensors as do all glass front machines so they will completely sell out. I believe DN still uses the precool option.

To my knowledge, Crane discontinued the non-glassfront soda vendors for DN so *technically* everyone uses drop sensors now. However, I have never seen a DN 501e with a drop sensor so I believe DN non-glassfront soda vendors never used a drop sensor at all. The BevMax is literally there only model to do so.

Archived