Need Help Identifying this Dixie narco machine and is it a good deal

thenewguy

I came across this machine in my area on ebay

It didn't sell maybe because of location pick up so I made a deal to check the machine out

He only wants 300 for it but I have no idea what to look for when I do see it

I have been told the locks need to be changed but the person who has it does not no the first thing about vending machines

so If any one can help me find out what model dixie narco it is I may be able to search it and find out more

second what issues should I look for in a used machine?

and if condition is good is 300 bucks a good deal?

post-3838-0-42270600-1329484986_thumb.jpg

post-3838-0-23539400-1329485002.jpg

post-3838-0-75629100-1329485017.jpg

post-3838-0-96144800-1329485031.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a 501 series machine. It is a newer model, and the 7512 coin mech in there is worth $150 just by itself. As long as it works, which you can test it with coins and bills, then it is a great deal. Power the machine up, put some coins in the tubes, run some bills through, put some soda in or hold the paddles down. If every row vends, and it cools, then the machine probably is working fine, and is not likely to have a hidden problem. But that machine at that price, working or not working is something I would jump at. I am a refurbisher and a repair guy, so that makes a little differnce.

Bottom line... Yes, it is a good machine, and a good price. It has SIID electroics and MDB setup; great deal.

It's a good deal as long as the seller has the rights to sell it and the machine isn't still the property of Coke.

wow so I called the guy and asked him about the machine again and he told me he got the machine doing demolition work on a building the next state over.

He said they just took it from the site after it was over smh

I knew it was too good to be true but I have not got the serial numbers to call coke yet. I hope they are open on the weekend

do you guys know a 1800 number I should call or just the local bottler?

ohh and I am planing on loading it up on its back and moving it back to my city

its going to be a 3 hour drive in a cargo van so I have been reading in the forum that if you ship it on its back to let stand for a couple of days

is their any thing else I should know about the cons of shipping it on its back

or should I just rent a uhaul and let stand?

Take the validator and coin mech out before you transport it on its back.

:huh:???

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know everything about vending but this is a first. In my nearly 18 years in this business and having moved for myself or others 1000+ machines I have NEVER heard about taking out the mech and validatior before moving a machine. The guys I moved machines for never did this nor did they ask me to do it for them. Please elaborate on the reasoning for this.

I would first respond by saying that the vending mover here and the 4 largest vending companies in my area ALWAYS remove the coin mechs and validators before moving the machine, no matter if its on its side, right side up, or upside down. It is something I always considered to be a basic precautionary measure against damage to the units during shipment. Its easy for a coin mechs to break or lose its tuning, or for a validator to get damaged or bumped if they are in the machine during transportation. When you are hauling a machine for 3 hours on its back, its a good idea in my opinion to remove the mech and validator and have them ride in a box or something in the car with you.

These vending forums often have people who have a problem like this:

"I moved my machine across town, and when I moved it in to the new location, it wouldn't take coins. I know it worked before I moved it."

The problem ends up being the ceramic coil in on the acceptor gate on the coin changer was broken while moving the machine down a flight of stairs, and the changer wouldn't recongnize coins after that.

I don't mean to give bad advice, so I will ask; Is there something wrong with removing the coin mech and validator for shipment? What will it hurt?

I am a repair guy, and so I always am thinking about potential damage to sensitive items such as the mechs and validators. Maybe I am overdoing it??? But hey, it won't hurt to be safe.

I also remove the coin mech when transporting machines... but I may or may not remove the validator. The coin mech just weighs a lot so I don't want it bouncing around in the machine.

The good news, the coin mech will take you 10 seconds to remove from the machine.

The validator could take a while to get out if you don't have the right tools.

I would first respond by saying that the vending mover here and the 4 largest vending companies in my area ALWAYS remove the coin mechs and validators before moving the machine, no matter if its on its side, right side up, or upside down. It is something I always considered to be a basic precautionary measure against damage to the units during shipment. Its easy for a coin mechs to break or lose its tuning, or for a validator to get damaged or bumped if they are in the machine during transportation. When you are hauling a machine for 3 hours on its back, its a good idea in my opinion to remove the mech and validator and have them ride in a box or something in the car with you.

These vending forums often have people who have a problem like this:

"I moved my machine across town, and when I moved it in to the new location, it wouldn't take coins. I know it worked before I moved it."

The problem ends up being the ceramic coil in on the acceptor gate on the coin changer was broken while moving the machine down a flight of stairs, and the changer wouldn't recongnize coins after that.

I don't mean to give bad advice, so I will ask; Is there something wrong with removing the coin mech and validator for shipment? What will it hurt?

I am a repair guy, and so I always am thinking about potential damage to sensitive items such as the mechs and validators. Maybe I am overdoing it??? But hey, it won't hurt to be safe.

We all do what we have been taught and learned, does not make either one of us right or wrong. It's just different. Like I said, around here I have never seen or heard about anyone doing this, have never had a tech at any of the distributors recommend this to me either. IMO, there probably is a greater chance of the electronics getting zapped by a voltage spike when you plug in the machine than damage during a move.

I just wonder if taking out the mech and validator and putting them in a box where they will bounce around on the floor of the truck would really make any difference in terms of protecting them? I do empty the mechs before moving a machine though.

well its a dixie narco 276

every thing works great

cools very well

I tested it with cans

added change in it

and put a dollar in to see if the bill acceptor works

yea and it was three of us putting it in the van but it was only two of us taking it out (I think I pulled some back muscles LOL)

Now I am proud to say I am the owner of my first soft drink machine

do any one know how much I can get a lock for

and is it hard to install

with all these ebay and craigs list deals I will be a full line vendor in no time for the fraction of the cost.

I am not sure if installing locks in your machine is as easy as it was for mine (a vendo 601) but all I had to do was insert the key into the lock, unlock so the pin went down, insert the lock into the T-Handles. Then locked it. I would suggest reading the manual for your machine since it might be different than mine was, but I doubt it will be difficult. Locks are cheap, you can find them on ebay or any locksmith for around 10 bucks.

Installing locks is the same for all machines. Just put the key in, turn the tumbler, and push the lock in and latch the door. eBay is a great place to get locks. For $8-$10, you could have as many as you want, and that's including shipping.

Installing locks is the same for all machines. Just put the key in, turn the tumbler, and push the lock in and latch the door. eBay is a great place to get locks. For $8-$10, you could have as many as you want, and that's including shipping.

the tbar is destroyed also.

Will this one fit the 276? and is this a good price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-handle-Assembly-and-lock-fits-Dixie-Narco-early-style-machines-Coke-Pepsi-/370552366308?pt=BI_Vending&hash=item5646a464e4#ht_928wt_1139

It might, hard to tell for sure. The seller you are looking at there on eBay is Vending World. Ask a question about that item and address it to Randy. He can tell you if it will work or not. From what I gather, his picture is not of the actual item.

It might, hard to tell for sure. The seller you are looking at there on eBay is Vending World. Ask a question about that item and address it to Randy. He can tell you if it will work or not. From what I gather, his picture is not of the actual item.

thanks allot

It sounds and looks to me like you just bought a machine that belongs to Coke. When it is that new of a machine with that nice of coin ops in it, I would bank on it being property of Coke. Not to mentiong the locking mech is screwed up because the guy you bought it off of probably drilled out the tumbler and damaged the t-handle because he didn't know what he was doing.

Did you ever call coke and run the serial number? By all means, correct me if i am wrong in my assumptions. It just seems like that deal is too good to be true (legit).

It sounds and looks to me like you just bought a machine that belongs to Coke. When it is that new of a machine with that nice of coin ops in it, I would bank on it being property of Coke. Not to mentiong the locking mech is screwed up because the guy you bought it off of probably drilled out the tumbler and damaged the t-handle because he didn't know what he was doing.

Did you ever call coke and run the serial number? By all means, correct me if i am wrong in my assumptions. It just seems like that deal is too good to be true (legit).

Yep, what he said.

To me possible jail time is not worth a "good deal". Besides the fact it is just plain wrong....

wow so I called the guy and asked him about the machine again and he told me he got the machine doing demolition work on a building the next state over.

He said they just took it from the site after it was over smh

If this is what he did....just "Took" it from the Site, I would have to agree with the others. It's probably stolen. If not from Coke, then at least from the owner of the building. If it's stolen, I would give it back to the seller and get my money back. As receiving stolen property always makes for a bad day!

Travis

post-3838-0-35414900-1330399153_thumb.jpg

yea the machine isn't a new machine

and its a coke 276 series 60 machine as I was told by dixie narco

I did my investigation work on it and it was in a building damaged by hurricane katrina

and the guy who sold it to me is a police officer in the city he lives and also a demolition contractor

I called the coke company in my state and they had nothing to tell me about the machine

but since every one is concerned (and has me scared too) I will call coke in the city it is from and ask about it and see if it is stolen property or has been paid off from insurance.

But Now My question is about of the Lock

I have it in but is the back of the lock suppose to only have the little ring (as displayed in the pic below) or does it needs to be replaced also

It would not close up and locked so I just removed the piece so I could figure that part out.

hopefully some one can help me because I caught hell trying to put the lock in

post-3838-0-23171000-1330399251_thumb.jpg

That piece looks like the nut that the T-handle threads screws into. Could be the threads are stripped out or it was simply out of alignment with the T-handle and the threaded part of the T-handle was not matching up with it.

Yea it was off track

But now you guys have me worried been trying to contact the vending machine guy for coca cola in Montgomery Alabama to see if he could shed some light on the machine but he has not answered or called me back

been putting money in this thing and I don't want to have to fork it over because it was acquired in an illegal manner

the only thing that has me worried is the front small plaque that says coca cola Montgomery Alabama with 5 numbers

and I read online if it has anything saying property of coca cola its probably stolen because they usually take that stuff off when they sell it to customers

Is this true?

their is no property of coke any where else

from what I have been searching on the net they only come after people with machines thats under 7 years old

but I still don't need that trouble because I plan on putting it somewhere and not using it for personal use.

wow you guys wish me luck on this

I'm planing to plug it up with some sodas for the night to see if it leaks any where in the garage

will update you guys with my status and I really thank every one for the help so far

update smh

so I plugged the machine up put some sodas in all 6 of the slots

and two of the slots don't dispense

and while I had it open and on which I don't know If I should have done that any way

I saw sparks coming from the wiring between where the machine closes up

yea and the sparks turned into a small fire but I unplugged it quick before it could do any damage

ohhh boy I guess I should have just bought the referbed one

but by the time I'm done working on this one I should have it down packed

how hard is it to change the wiring on a dixie narco 276 coke series 60??

or should I just pay some one to do it

Archived