Treasure To Discover

Nick505

I am currently on a roadtrip and we stopped at a Giant travel center. They had a spiral, a 6 column sticker, and a NW 30" vending 1" capsules at .75 cents. The machine was 75% empty. I dropped a penny in the mech and the coin tray was nearly full. Anyways I really like this idea of a bulk machine. Seems like a really good profit margin because the majority of capsules contained wheat pennies. So .74 cents profit is excellent.

Here is a picture of the machine. Have any of you guys seen this before, or do you think this vendor came up with the graphics himself?

2012-02-24122222.jpg

I have seen this done in about 6 locations. The locations say they do great. The ones I have seen are just normal 2" capsule machines with a self-made display of the coins. They use old coins. If you can find enough old coins I think this could be a money maker. You need to put some Bills 10-20

This looks like something that bob butler talked about. I wonder if its his. He would buy old coins in bulk and do all his own capping. He also said that he did mostly only 2 inch at $50.

I am currently on a roadtrip and we stopped at a Giant travel center. They had a spiral, a 6 column sticker, and a NW 30" vending 1" capsules at .75 cents. The machine was 75% empty. I dropped a penny in the mech and the coin tray was nearly full. Anyways I really like this idea of a bulk machine. Seems like a really good profit margin because the majority of capsules contained wheat pennies. So .74 cents profit is excellent.

Here is a picture of the machine. Have any of you guys seen this before, or do you think this vendor came up with the graphics himself?

2012-02-24122222.jpg

out of curiosity i checked ebay 150 wheat pennies with a few other misc coins thrown in goes for about $39

at .75 vend that seems like a high COGS considering you have to buy the caps and assemble yourself.

I've been a coin collector for many years... And this sound like a great idea I have a stock pile of wheat penny and there's a ton on eBay for a great price.. Going to give this a try maybe in one of the thrift stores that I have.. Did you happen to see how many were in each capsual

Hey guys these are owned by a guy in Ohio and as far as I know he has the machines in much of the country. Nearly all in travel centers. Pilot, loves etc. He mostly is at home now and he son runs the machines. He does not hit locations monthly its more like every 6 months or so that's how he covers do much area. The graphics and machines were done by impulse in California. I have talked to him a few times and he said its getting harder to find good supply of coins that are cost effective.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I think it was a Pilot to be exact. And yea by dropping the penny in the left side it seemed like the machine was full of quarters. I have seen bags of them on Ebay but I have never bought any. I have a jar full of them. I have been pulling them aside from my change for years. The 30" machine must hold 2000 1" caps. The graphics look great.

I've seen this sort of thing done around Wisconsin. Though the product is usually arrowheads, rocks, or "Artifacts" which are mostly pottery scraps. Times are tough- we need to think outside of the box to catch more quarters. Thanks for sharing Nick505!

Times are tough- we need to think outside of the box to catch more quarters. Thanks for sharing Nick505!

I couldn't agree more.

The hard part is finding a unique product that has a good COG, is available in bulk, fits in a capsule, has a solid shelf-life, AND will appeal to buyers.

And yes...thanks for sharing Nick505.

Archived