Times are changing

havending

I amazed that you will rather have no money rather than some money. I can see if the location was not doing any money but some shared locations will make you a profit. One your in this for a living you may change your out look.

jj54,

Speaking for myself, I was not trying to change you or your business philosophy.

I was just trying to understand your way of thinking.

I've learned enough about business ownership to know that asking questions of those who have unique outlooks in my chosen industry can be very helpful to me.

There's no doubt your philosophy about not sharing your locations is unique.

While some of us here may be trying to convince you to change your business philosophy, some of us (like me) may just be trying to see if we can adopt some of your philosophies into our own business plan.

And, we can't learn that without clarify things....and clarifying things requires that we ask questions.

If you don't like people questioning your way of thinking (whether they're trying to change you or or just trying to learn more about your philosophy), posting your thoughts on a public forum is probably not a good idea.

MAN I DO NOT SHARE IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT, YOU WELL NOT CHANGE ME , AS STATED YOU CAN CHASE THOSE'S QUARTERS IF THAT IS YOUR GAME. . I WORK FOR ME, DO YOU GET IT??

I can understand not sharing, but it recently dawned on me that I may be the antagonist in the "game" you speak of. I've been running 25 cent bouncy balls for a long time, and I've undermined another vendor who sells them at 50 cents nearby. I always saw it as taking advantage of the situation. Do you have a contingency for this sort of thing, or do you just scout for new spots? Just curious. I really do admire your business setup- going above the status quo for your customers, and exceeding their expectations is something I wish more vendors would adopt!

I DO NOT MINED QUESTIONING ME, WHEN STATE WHAT I DO AS A PERSON RUNNING A BUSINESS , I CHOSE NOT TO DEAL WITH THE PROBLEMS THAT I DEALT WITH WHEN I SHARED LOCATION. AND FINED IT MUCH MORE REWORDING TO MOVE MY EQUIPMENT AND NOT DEAL WITH ALL THE BS THAT GOES WITH IT. MOST THE TIME I GET BETTER LOCATIONS BECAUSE OF THE MOVE. TRY IT YOU MAY SEE WHY!! DON't BE AFRAID TO MOVE ON FOR ME IT PAYS OFF IT MAY NOT BE FOR EVER ONE PUT IT WORK FOR ME. AS FOR THOSE THAT DON"T BELIEVE MY BUSINESS PHILOSOPHIES. THAT OK !!1 MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

I DO NOT MINED QUESTIONING ME, WHEN STATE WHAT I DO AS A PERSON RUNNING A BUSINESS , I CHOSE NOT TO DEAL WITH THE PROBLEMS THAT I DEALT WITH WHEN I SHARED LOCATION. AND FINED IT MUCH MORE REWORDING TO MOVE MY EQUIPMENT AND NOT DEAL WITH ALL THE BS THAT GOES WITH IT. MOST THE TIME I GET BETTER LOCATIONS BECAUSE OF THE MOVE. TRY IT YOU MAY SEE WHY!! DON't BE AFRAID TO MOVE ON FOR ME IT PAYS OFF IT MAY NOT BE FOR EVER ONE PUT IT WORK FOR ME. AS FOR THOSE THAT DON"T BELIEVE MY BUSINESS PHILOSOPHIES. THAT OK !!1 MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

So your competition only needs to find your locations and place a machine and you will pick up your machines and leave?:huh:??

Well i have to agree with the spell caps can be considered shouting not to derail this thread

Times are changing i do see the push to $.50 cent 1 inch and $1.00 2 inch.

the same it must have been many years ago when it went from $.10 cent 1 inch to $.25 cent and $.25 cent 2 inch to $.50 cent 2 inch.

My .50 cent 1 inch are slow sellers for me.

I have several locations most are exclusive,

and some that are shared locations ....

but by money capital and smart thinking it is easy to kill their sales..

some of the things i do and use is

allstar vending sells LED blinking header holders for 2 inch vendors

$8.00 each not the best construction. and they use 2D batteries that last six to eight months per battery change and are very bright.

the rack that blinks draws the kids first and gets the most money.

LED LIGHTS ARE KID BUG ZAPPERS...

Dont under estimate flashy light addons can boost sales 20%

Led blinking addons are now cheaper and cheaper and on larger 11 tier racks that have a power outlet near them i use these on them

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4aae7bccaf

there is also battery powered changers AC401 will pay for itself if you have a 11 tier rack and a few cranes or impulse games

A 110v bill changer will add to your income.

and used ones are out there on craigslist for $100.00 i see them all day long.

but anyway if were changing then change with the flow

i use interactive gumball machines, love testers and grip strengths on wings of racks instead of 2 or 1 inch vendors....

the grip strength / love meters they take rechargable batteries or plug in and there is no product cost so the only real cost is 1 new rechargable battery worn out a year..

much cheaper than 1 inch goods..

bill

MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEN THAT IS NO LONGER MY BEST LOCATION. TIME TO TALK TO MANAGMEMT THERE IS NOT ENOUGHT TO BE GOOD FOR ALL I EXPLAIN THAT I BUY THE BEST TOOLS AND PRODUCTS TO DO GOOD FOR ALL. THAT I WOOD NOT SHARE IT, DOES NOT SERVICE US ALL WELL! THIS IS WERE YOU MUST BE A SALESPERSON NOT A TICKET WRITER !!!

do you talk to the management in all caps too?

YOU DO YOUR JOB WRIGHT. WHEN YOUR SELLING YOUR CO. THEY SEE THE VALUE, SELL YOUR SELF AND YOUR CO. AND BE A FRIEND, YOU WELL BE FINE!!! I DO NOT WANT ALL THE BUSINESS, JUST ALL THE MONEY FOR WHAT I DO. ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT

I moved my Vendstar 3000 from a heavy buffet location (at least 6 other vendors. I'll get a picture sometime.) to a large hair salon, and I went from a pittance of sales (about $3.00 a month) to downright pathetic (see "Performa's Worst Pull"). I understand what you are saying jj54, but I doubt this works in smaller communities. My city has less than 15,000, and it's the largest city in the county. The options for new locations is simply not there. As I already said, I think your way of doing business is unorthodox, but I admire it.

Archived