Officially in the Crane business

will.vend

Well I received my brand new Toy Taxi last Friday. After learning all about it I put it out on location Friday afternoon. I went back Sunday afternoon and it had done $45.00. I feel like a newbie going back and checking on it so soon, I wanted to go back today but resisted the urge. I will wait until Friday and see how it did for the week.

Thanks Billnutts for all of your help!

Well I received my brand new Toy Taxi last Friday. After learning all about it I put it out on location Friday afternoon. I went back Sunday afternoon and it had done $45.00. I feel like a newbie going back and checking on it so soon, I wanted to go back today but resisted the urge. I will wait until Friday and see how it did for the week.

Thanks Billnutts for all of your help!

That is a nice looking crane! I hope everything works out good for you. I know I will be checking my vending machines every 3 days at first to make sure everything is working good on them.

I have been adding cranes and its great. You can really boost already great locations. Lots of people do 1.00 but .50 works great. I hope you have a DBA because counting ones is better that quarters.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I have been adding cranes and its great. You can really boost already great locations. Lots of people do 1.00 but .50 works great. I hope you have a DBA because counting ones is better that quarters.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

yes it has the new ba and it will take up to a 20.00! man I hope someone sticks a 20 in there.

Good for you! I truely believe that if you are in bulk vending and not in the crane business as well you are nuts. I have found that the ROI on cranes is about the same as single head gum machines. The difference is that a good crane stop is like having 100 good single head stops just a whole lot easier.

A technical service guy helped me set the dip switches on the dba, but it looked pretty straightforward, it has a chart right on the dba. but, all of this is new to me so I wanted to make sure I set it right.

I learned to tuck the legs of the plush so they cant be won as easily. I also bought some small mp3 players for 4 bucks each and plan to attach them to the plush. But, Im gonna wait and see if I have the strength of the claws set right.

And I have knobby balls but when playing with it at the shop I could win a knobby ball everytime, which isnt good.

heres a pic showing the dba.

And I have knobby balls but when playing with it at the shop I could win a knobby ball everytime, which isnt good.

thats easy to set you just have to tinker with the claw strength a bit. if you replace the board with the coast to coast board

they claim it can automatically calibrate the claw strength.

Do those DBA's get jammed easily with toothpicks and straws and fortune cookie papers?

it is very easy to fix a jammed up DBA the main thing is to keep it clean by cleaning it once every few months if its not an outside loc your validator will last a long time because no dirt and what not getting in there most of my validator probs have come frmo shop locations and outside locations

sometimes the bill acceptor does get jammed

it usually a torn bill or someone tries a very old trick of stringing

stringing was with older dollar bill acceptors they attach a string to the bill and wait for the validator to accept the bill then pull the string

and they used to get the dollar back

ater 1990s they added metal teeth and anti-pullback devices to all bill acceptors

so if you get a 1/2 dollar jam thats from someone suckered by a old youtube prank video on how to rip off a validator

( in the video they use a old or modified dba with the protection removed)

other things that will jam them is business cards .... people like to leave thier business cards on my machines all the time hoping a customer will pick it up.

kids come along and stick it in the validator and it will jam up or not accept a bill

there is a program card you insert that will make the front lights flash on/off when the bill acceptor is working ok

i check that first if mine is not flashing i know somethings wrong from 30 feet away

My worst pet-peeve and pain in the golpher is ticket redemption

the tickets fit in all $.25 cent mechs and jam them up everytime

or a dollar bill acceptor usually the dollar bill acceptor will eat a ticket. they are smaller

I always check the bill path at every service of every machine

i pull the bar and pull the bottom transport out and look for stuff stuck

it only takes a second to check and if your only there once a month it beats a whole month loss of income.

i even try a dollar to make sure its working sometimes

i have seen them stick everything in the dollar bill acceptors.

and coin mechs

i have lost big money to not checking and next month come in to a empty coin box or dba.

grats on your first crane.... as i said though they are addictive

soon... you will be posting i bought my 10th crane.... 20th...

then the mega post..

i got a warehouse to hold all the stock... and i can see in my garage again!!

if any of you on here are like me we have not parked a car in our garage from the start of all this

bill

DBA easy check, if its not lit its not working

C2C crane, can't remember what its called but C2C does have a tool for "setting" the claw, hooks into the harness, you grab a plush and the claw power drops off till the plush drops, your "proper set" is a little before that. I think its kind of useless. With the auto percent you don't program the power that way at all, you want the low power to drop everytime and use the auto set to give you the extra power to force a win when you want it. As far as the imports with auto percenting I know more than a few guys that run a very high initial power so that the crane "auto fluffs" I don't like to do that because it doesn't look realistic enough.

Archived