So here is my plan... open for suggestions

Esko

I just picked up my first machine a 1-800 for $65. Looks great and seems like a quality machine. I do plan to buy more of these machines as a foot in the door kind of thing but after reading many posts here I have decided to focus primarily on toys and locate racks.

As for the Racks, I am leaning towards 2 Northwestern 80's 2" Caps (I think 25") on top set to .75/.75 vend and NW60's below 1" toy @.50/ GB @.25/ 1" Toy @.50 below. I was looking at the LYPC's but after reading the reviews decided against them. Also considered the AA, still may go that route but I would like to buy American Made if I can, even if it initially costs a little more.

As far as product, I am thinking Hood Hounds and Glitzy Jewelry above and moustaches, Seedlings GB, and either FFE or Ultimate Fighters below.

It's hard to believe how much better the margins can be for 1" ie moustache vs 2".

This all sounds good in theory but I know when I get my feet wet things may change. Does anyone have any advice or thoughts on this?

I THANK YOU HAVE DONE YOUR HOME WORK . YOU GOT IT!!

I've tried, I know you can't have all of the angles figured out but I'm hoping this forum has got me on the right track. I am resisting the urge to just jump in and buy 20 racks and instead have a couple on hand and as they get placed buy new ones. Cost is also making that decision easy... lol

25 INCH MACHINES will be fine for most locations.I use your same philosophy as far as buying American made.northwesterns are even made in my home state of Illinois.having said that I am starting to shy away from them since a and a has the same machine for much cheaper.your price points are spot on.

25 INCH MACHINES will be fine for most locations.I use your same philosophy as far as buying American made.northwesterns are even made in my home state of Illinois.having said that I am starting to shy away from them since a and a has the same machine for much cheaper.your price points are spot on.

I like the idea of the higher capacity of the 30" but it just feels too tall and I don't think it looks as clean. I will pay up to 15% more for Northwesterns because it's a one time cost, but if it comes out to much more than that I would have to reconsider, especially considering at that rate the difference is a free machine for every 7 you buy.

you will tie up more inventory with taller machines with no gain.I like northwestern better and buy scratch and dents as much as I can.I just cant justify spending 80 bucks for a new one when a similar option is 25-30 bucks cheaper..

you will tie up more inventory with taller machines with no gain.I like northwestern better and buy scratch and dents as much as I can.I just cant justify spending 80 bucks for a new one when a similar option is 25-30 bucks cheaper..

That's a good point... I really liked the LYPC coin drawer too bad they have a lot of problems. I wonder if going with LYPC and changing out the mech and wheel to an Oak wheel could be worthwhile. After all if the machine would then be pretty much bulletproof, even if it cost as much as the A&A your time spent at each location would be reduced. Possibly a long term savings. Dunno.

Sounds like a great plan, Esko. Try it out first, get your foot in the door. That is what I am doing now, too. I like these 1-800s, but having some problems with 1.1-1.25inch caps. I think I might have figured it out, I'll let you know if I do.

Sounds like a great plan, Esko. Try it out first, get your foot in the door. That is what I am doing now, too. I like these 1-800s, but having some problems with 1.1-1.25inch caps. I think I might have figured it out, I'll let you know if I do.

Yeah, please do. I can see mixing in possibly acorn style 1" toys in some locations to gauge if toys will do well.

That's a good point... I really liked the LYPC coin drawer too bad they have a lot of problems. I wonder if going with LYPC and changing out the mech and wheel to an Oak wheel could be worthwhile. After all if the machine would then be pretty much bulletproof, even if it cost as much as the A&A your time spent at each location would be reduced. Possibly a long term savings. Dunno.

you can get coin trays for the A&A's and NW 60's and they make servicing pretty quick, just a thought

its easier just vending 27mm bb's and 1" round caps from brand or actionmatic

you can get coin trays for the A&A's and NW 60's and they make servicing pretty quick, just a thought

its easier just vending 27mm bb's and 1" round caps from brand or actionmatic

I didn't realize you had that option with the A&A's. Good to know.

It seems like there is not nearly as much available in 1" round, or am I just looking in the wrong places? I like bouncy balls and that may be a solution.

I didn't realize you had that option with the A&A's. Good to know.

It seems like there is not nearly as much available in 1" round, or am I just looking in the wrong places? I like bouncy balls and that may be a solution.

You are correct. The round caps cost more than the acorn caps for some reason. This makes the overall product cost go up. Therefore, fewer choice options.

And quite honestly, some toys won't fit in the round caps. I had some empty round caps once, and when I broke down some acrylic ring displays and capped them, the larger rings would not fit.

You are correct. The round caps cost more than the acorn caps for some reason. This makes the overall product cost go up. Therefore, fewer choice options.

And quite honestly, some toys won't fit in the round caps. I had some empty round caps once, and when I broke down some acrylic ring displays and capped them, the larger rings would not fit.

Thanks Darryl, so it sounds like it can be a pain. Would you then recommend 27mm bb as a better choice? If I do go with some 1" I will be sure to get prepackaged...

Thanks.

I love my bouncy balls. (27mm mixed.) Unfortunately I only have one location using them right now. (And locating is on the back burner for now.)

I talked to a location I already had to get the machine in, and it turned a dud location into a profitable one.

I love my bouncy balls. (27mm mixed.) Unfortunately I only have one location using them right now. (And locating is on the back burner for now.)

I talked to a location I already had to get the machine in, and it turned a dud location into a profitable one.

I imagine there are many locations that won't allow bb's or gum. In that case I would like to have a good alternative. Good to hear it turned the bad location around.

I imagine there are many locations that won't allow bb's or gum. In that case I would like to have a good alternative. Good to hear it turned the bad location around.

I've only had one location even bat an eye at bouncy balls. They were concerned about the choking hazard liability. I have had portions of my contracts dedicated to saying "YOU WILL NEVER VEND GUM OF ANY FORM AT OUR PLACE OF BUSINESS" in the past, but they're cool with bouncy balls. Though I imagine it varies by region, I can't think of a place that would say no to both. In which case- vend caps and be done with it. You have a fine plan Esko, I wish I had had your forethought when I dove into vending. Good luck, and best wishes!

I've only had one location even bat an eye at bouncy balls. They were concerned about the choking hazard liability. I have had portions of my contracts dedicated to saying "YOU WILL NEVER VEND GUM OF ANY FORM AT OUR PLACE OF BUSINESS" in the past, but they're cool with bouncy balls. Though I imagine it varies by region, I can't think of a place that would say no to both. In which case- vend caps and be done with it. You have a fine plan Esko, I wish I had had your forethought when I dove into vending. Good luck, and best wishes!

Yeah, I can see gum being a bigger issue. Thanks for the kind words.

Archived