The Machines That Are Making Coke and Pepsi Quake

After the food dehydrator, the quesadilla maker, the waffle iron, the electric griddle, the toaster, the coffee maker, the panini maker and the juicer, I don't have counter space for any more crap.

It is a cool idea though.

After the food dehydrator, the quesadilla maker, the waffle iron, the electric griddle, the toaster, the coffee maker, the panini maker and the juicer, I don't have counter space for any more crap.

Sounds like its time to start that kitchen remodeling discussion with hubby :rolleyes: jus sayin........ ;D

Sounds like its time to start that kitchen remodeling discussion with hubby :rolleyes: jus sayin........ ;D

:lol:! For the most part, all I drink are the all natural Hansens sodas, which are sweetened with natural cane sugar. IMO, they are 3 times better than store bought soda. Great article though; it makes you wonder what Pepsi and Coke will do. I would buy one of the Soda Streams if I drank a lot of Pepsi or Coke soda.

Check this out, I think I might try one..

http://www.dailyfina...nd-pepsi-quake/

Can you imagine the impact if it only achieves a 10% market share?

they ran ads for soda stream on howard stern for a few years now. i considered buying one but it seemed like a pain in the golpher if i am going to go to the trouble i'd just make an ice tea. mostly i get soda on-the-go or grab a can while im running out the door.

You're so funny. I love my husband but his idea of fixing a leaking kitchen sink is putting a bowl under the leak and dumping it out when it gets full.

I've heard that some people have done the math on those units and they cost almost as much as a store-bought 2-liter (name brand variety). Basically, depending on how often you use it, it can take several years to pay for themselves....

All in all, I really don't think it's a threat to coke or pepsi because the people who seem to tend to buy these things are either crazy soda drinkers (who will make their own soda AND buy more soda when they are away from home) and people who drink soda on rare occasions. I really don't see this as a real market share problem.

Besides, lets look at water dispensers... People started buying water dispensers and suddenly bottled water sales rose. It's a neat device but I have access to soda all day.

I've been looking at the SodaStream for over a year now. I go back and forth between giving in and getting one and quitting pop cold turkey. If you're a regular drinker it offers a cost advantage over national brands (not as big if you drink store brands- Dr. Thunder, etc) and will pay for itself in less then a year. What I want is the ability to mix flavors. I'm the lady holding up the line at the pop dispenser because I'm putting every flavor they have into one cup. I can do that with the flavored syrup when I make a batch at home and it would be easier then messing with 2-liters.

Archived