Is this Typical for New Bulk Vending Machine Orders

rdendy

So I am just starting out, and have only placed 2 separate orders for new machines and machine parts. First order was 3 doubles and 3 singles. Second order was 1 double and 2 retro stands. So here's my question, what should my expectations be on machines/parts not being as expected?

I ask because in my first order one of the machine bodies wasn't formed all the way and the chute door wouldn't stay in place. On my second order one of the ordered double brackets was missing completely, the top mounting bracket for one of the retro stands was over-sized and couldn't screw onto the top, but it could easily fit over it, meaning I can't use it, and one of the coin mechanisms on one of the new heads doesn't sit flush and it rattles and can be moved easily.

I guess I am trying to find out if stuff like this is common in bulk vending and I should just deal with it, or is this possibly a supplier issue, both were from the same reseller, or what. All the time I have my machines out of commission waiting for them to make an order rights costs me possible money, so I want to fix this from reoccurring if I can.

I guess it would help if you told us your supplier, and kinds of machines.

As for the mechs, there is usually a screw on the inside that is used to tighten down the mech. Does yours have it?

I agree with dperry...it's hard to tell you if what you are experiencing is typical if we don't know who your supplier is.

This is probably very typical for some machine brands and suppliers.

Yet, it would be very unusual for other machine brands and suppliers.

Supplier is gumball.com and the machines are all rhino's, pretty sure I am moving to AA machines after this, and yep I tested all of the screws in the coin mech and they were all very tight.

I don't have any direct experience with the Rhino machines, so I can't speak to their consistency in quality.

Others on the forum here own them and don't seem to have too many complaints.

They seem like decent machines.

Some members here have had issues with the coin-mechs....but, I don't recall any issues where they don't fit correctly on the body.

I'm sorry I can't help with your issues.

But, I do agree with your considering A&A machines for the future.

Also, consider the Oak Vista 450...it's even less than A&A's PO89...and just as good in quality.

It's my understanding that Rhino's run nearly $50 new.

You can get the A&A PO89 or the Oak Vista 450 for around the same $50 shipped.

Not knocking Rhino, because I'm sure they're generally good machines.

But, for the same $50, I'd go with Oak or A&A every time.

As far as your issues with the Rhino's you've already bought, hopefully someone will chime in here to help with that.....

But, I do agree with your considering A&A machines for the future.

Also, consider the Oak Vista 450...it's even less than A&A's PO89...and just as good in quality.

Thanks for the advice, I haven't read very much about Oak on here, so hadn't considered it, but I am now.

i have a few rhino's we ordered from gumball.com . we havent experienced any of those issues . being in manufacturing for over 13 years though , i can say for a fact , there are inconsistencies , and gaps in quality, and quality checks for everything . if it makes you feel any better , on a order of 10 triples ,i had 9 stands strip when putting them together (lypc) . to save both the seller money on shipping ( near $700 ) and myself time and lost locations ( i lost some anyway because the color was different than what i ordered-was replacing) i broke out the die grinder , cleaned the threads and base up , and sealed everything with jb weld ( cast iron , no fun welding ) . looking back ,i definately didnt save myself any time lol , but it was a learning experience , and the seller did make things right by us ,which is why we keep going back ( gumballmachinefactory.com )

personally , id give them (gumball.com) a chance to make things right , which im sure they will . for the record , we have two rhino's in fairly busy locations , with the front cash boxes , no issues . i hate the 788,000 turns it takes to get the top lock off , and the fact the globe has to be removed to change-adjust the wheel , but no actual problems . if all else fails ,dont be afraid to use the return policy , thats what its there for ;D . hope that helps ,and best of luck !

OH sorry I should have clarified, gumball.com has been great, they addressed every issue quickly and have made it right. I was just curious if this, knowing that every X amount of machines I order, to plan for some to not be ready to place due to issues OR if this was just a string of bad luck that was unusual.

OH sorry I should have clarified, gumball.com has been great, they addressed every issue quickly and have made it right. I was just curious if this, knowing that every X amount of machines I order, to plan for some to not be ready to place due to issues OR if this was just a string of bad luck that was unusual.

I've ordered dozens of machines through A&A and even more through Oak.

And I've had fewer issues total than you had with your two orders with your current brand and supplier.

All companies have hiccups now and then.

I'm just trying to say your experience SHOULD NOT be typical.

If you find it becomes "typical" with your machine brand and supplier...it's time to go with another brand and/or supplier.

I've ordered dozens of machines through A&A and even more through Oak.

And I've had fewer issues total than you had with your two orders with your current brand and supplier.

All companies have hiccups now and then.

I'm just trying to say your experience SHOULD NOT be typical.

If you find it becomes "typical" with your machine brand and supplier...it's time to go with another brand and/or supplier.

I agree Sherlock. There will always be an issue from time to time but they should be far between. I have been using a lot of the AA pm supreme. Bout 60 to 63 and you can pick your color and comes with Chrome hopper and lid and has a very nice heavy duty .50 coin meck. Best off all add to toys to help on freight. Oak is also a great product but cailforina freight can be high and I really don't like their two inch. NW is also nice but they have gotten very high and their frieght will kill you.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I agree Sherlock. There will always be an issue from time to time but they should be far between. I have been using a lot of the AA pm supreme. Bout 60 to 63 and you can pick your color and comes with Chrome hopper and lid and has a very nice heavy duty .50 coin meck. Best off all add to toys to help on freight. Oak is also a great product but cailforina freight can be high and I really don't like their two inch. NW is also nice but they have gotten very high and their frieght will kill you.

Has anybody ever tried Eagle 2in machines?

Has anybody ever tried Eagle 2in machines?

I never have - but would try them in a heartbeat judging by my experience with their 1" machines.

I have several of their 1" panel/cabinet machines and they are GREAT.

Just an update. Monday the 19th I contacted my AA rep and asked for a price for 6 machines with stands, small order but still an order. we emailed back and forth a couple of times and then he asked if i wanted them. I said yes, and haven't heard back from him since. I have sent other emails asking what I can do to finalize the order, with no response. Maybe i am just snake bit when it comes to suppliers. If I don't hear anything by next Monday guess I will try OAK.

He emailed me back, told me what he needed and said he needed a form filled out for new customers. He didn't include the form but at least the process is started again.

He emailed me back, told me what he needed and said he needed a form filled out for new customers. He didn't include the form but at least the process is started again.

Glad they got back with you. Sometimes they forget.

if you want the best aa rep ask for ann ducote ext 369. She pays more attention to detail than any rep there.

if you want the best aa rep ask for ann ducote ext 369. She pays more attention to detail than any rep there.

I've had pretty good luck with Mike Frey so far. How would you compare the two Will.Vend? If you don't know, that's fine, I'll still probably look her up- I've got orders to fill before April.

No sorry im not familar with him. Before i used ann my aa rep screwed up every order, she has been great. She is all business, very friendly and very very detail oriented. How many ppl receive phone calls to let you know your order has shipped? Ann calls everytime and even follows up to make sure I received it.

No sorry im not familar with him. Before i used ann my aa rep screwed up every order, she has been great. She is all business, very friendly and very very detail oriented. How many ppl receive phone calls to let you know your order has shipped? Ann calls everytime and even follows up to make sure I received it.

That's good service! If only every rep was this good! I'll definitely look her up!

Your account stays with the first rep you order from. If they leave it goes to a new sales rep.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Ah. Well, like I said, Mike has been pretty good so far. I don't have any complaints. Thanks H&A!

Archived