How many people vend toys at .50

Donovon

So I was thinking about the toys I want to vend for .50, I have been running with the toys that are suggested retail of .50 like domo, bok choy, and a few other.. But thes can be costly.. So got me thinking. How many of you folks, buy the lower cost toy like ring and bb and bend them for .50 for a higher profit margin.. And what are you running. Theres only a few that I would concider..

Just stay away from REALLY cheap stuff like a "Friendship Bracelets" which a just a fancy piece of string or plastic rings etc..... We have no problem selling anything else. We tend to avoid items marketed as ".50" item for 1". They are just to costly and do not sell any better in my opinion.

Mike

In general all my 2" is at .75 and a 1.00, 1" toys are at .50, switch to a 1080 ct gumball to get that extra $57 a case profit. I like to keep product selection to about 5 or 6 items per 1" and the same for 2", use 1 selection to test new product and the rest stables that are constant sellers. My reliable 1" sellers are bouncy balls, sticky mix, fools gold, sqwishland, mustache mix and fun time self vending mix. My reliable 2" sellers are string pets (kinda pricey, need to water them down with cheaper product), yoyo balls, gold connection, sticky mix and mustache mix. Next time I order proctuct gonna try 1" monkeyin around and 2" domo or bok choy. Right now I only use A&A, Cardinal and Brand for toys. Order gumballs and banarama from sams club.

In general all my 2" is at .75 and a 1.00, 1" toys are at .50, switch to a 1080 ct gumball to get that extra $57 a case profit. I like to keep product selection to about 5 or 6 items per 1" and the same for 2", use 1 selection to test new product and the rest stables that are constant sellers. My reliable 1" sellers are bouncy balls, sticky mix, fools gold, sqwishland, mustache mix and fun time self vending mix. My reliable 2" sellers are string pets (kinda pricey, need to water them down with cheaper product), yoyo balls, gold connection, sticky mix and mustache mix. Next time I order proctuct gonna try 1" monkeyin around and 2" domo or bok choy. Right now I only use A&A, Cardinal and Brand for toys. Order gumballs and banarama from sams club.

Try the going bannas two inch and do it at .75 sells great its like 33 a box.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I dont know about the rest of you folks but out in New York you see very little movement with the higher price points we tried changing a few beaver machines over to .50 and noticed a drop in sales one of the bigger companies out here like Great American Vending are pricing their 1"at 50 and there 2"at 75 and $1

and in most locations we share their machines stay full for months.

I dont know about the rest of you folks but out in New York you see very little movement with the higher price points we tried changing a few beaver machines over to .50 and noticed a drop in sales one of the bigger companies out here like Great American Vending are pricing their 1"at 50 and there 2"at 75 and $1

and in most locations we share their machines stay full for months.

I live in the south so I know your region might be different but I feel if your gonna stay in bulk vending and be a serious contender you must raise your 1 inch to 50 cents, in the last 18 months I have converted all but 30 of my 1 inch machines over to 50 cents, some locations have not done as well as others but in the ones that fewer sales were made I still made a higher profit.

My cog's on 1 inch is 14% at a 50 cent vend and if I was at 25 cents it would be 28%, my point is I dont have to make as many sales to earn as much profit.

I use the po89 a&a model machine and Im glad because if I had to convert as many of the nw60's it would have cost me twice as much per mech.

I live in the south so I know your region might be different but I feel if your gonna stay in bulk vending and be a serious contender you must raise your 1 inch to 50 cents, in the last 18 months I have converted all but 30 of my 1 inch machines over to 50 cents, some locations have not done as well as others but in the ones that fewer sales were made I still made a higher profit.

My cog's on 1 inch is 14% at a 50 cent vend and if I was at 25 cents it would be 28%, my point is I dont have to make as many sales to earn as much profit.

I use the po89 a&a model machine and Im glad because if I had to convert as many of the nw60's it would have cost me twice as much per mech.

I agree 100% you have to have the .50 .75 model. I use the AA cabinet style machine also its the perfect size for .50 and holds less product to keep inventory down

I agree 100% you have to have the .50 .75 model. I use the AA cabinet style machine also its the perfect size for .50 and holds less product to keep inventory down

I'm also in agreement with the 50/.75 model. And in almost all my location I have thes price points. I even have a sticker machine @.75 next to .50 one..don't know what I'll pull yet. But I'm not changing it.. I have better product.. But I do have location were a few store around my location are sell at .25 & .50. So I've been running .25/.50/.75 and just running a lower priced toy @ .25 in one head. If u couldn't get them booted, would u still run .50/.75 or would u throw a .25 in there to?

Test to see what works best. And whenever you have a product that is new to your market, when in doubt pick the higher price first....you can always go back and lower the price, but its very difficult to raise prices on the same product. For those with an extended route (overnight stops) the worst thing to have happen is to have one machine with 'hot' product sell out quickly (meaning the price was too low). For long distance routes, the goal should be for all the machines to empty at the same rate.

We always have extra panels and mechs in the service van, at all price points (25 & 50 for 1", 50, 75 & 1.00 for 2").

Archived