Potential first customer, putting together a quote

I approached my workplace's secretary this morning about offering vending service, since the current services machines are frequently out of stock for days at a time, and she thinks I stand a chance. We have three businesses in our building, so she said put together a price and availability sheet and she'll submit it to management for consideration.

I want to make sure I understand what "price and availability sheet" means. Do you read this to mean a list of the products I offer and what the vend price will be?

Thanks, I'm pretty excited. This is the furthest I've gotten with a potential customer. You get a lot of no's, but the first "maybe" is encouraging!

Yeah, and if things go all the way, you might have to consider a marriage contract! I mean a vending contract!

Take a look around town to find out what the going rate is for the different products.

In East Tennessee, cans go from 75 to 85 cents. Chips from 65 to 80 cents and pastries from 80 cents to a dollar.

Bottles go around 1.25 to 1.35.

You guys know your snack vending stuff. I dont operate snack or soda machines. I worked for a company that did for a short while but all i did was stock machines and pull money. Never learned the other side of the business.

Keep on that location. You will get it.

I contacted my local bottlers and the minimum order for 20 oz. bottles was 11 cases. So, I'm offering the location a mix of 16.9 oz. bottles for $1.10 for Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Coke, Diet Coke, Mt. Dew, Diet Mt. Dew and 12 oz. cans for $0.75 for all the other stuff; plus 16 oz. Monster Energy cans for $1.85. The current vendor doesn't offer energy drinks and I think they're crazy not to. I see tons of energy drink cans in the can recycling box and I've heard people mention that they wish the machines had energy drinks.

My snack prices range from .50 to 1.00.

If they buck at the 16.9 oz. bottles I'll offer them at $1.00.

Archived