Saeco SG 200 operators

Greatdane

Hi everyone,

I recently got a used Saeco sg200, the LED is so bright (like burst). Does anyone know how to fix it or turn the contrast down?

Also, I am getting Service Error 5 when I change water, how can I fix it?

When I brew a cup of coffee, there is water going to the waste bin. The difference is there is two tubes going to waste bin. Is there something wrong with my setup?

PP Vending

There is a brief discussion about service error 5 in posts 135 and 136 of this thread. If that does not help you resolve the problem with you Saeco SG200 Barrista Supremo then I'd suggest sending our resident expert Greatdane a PM or give him a chance to log in a respond to your question.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello folks, I´m new on this forum and I operate Saeco machines in Venezuela (mostly 8P´s and SG200/Rubino), I´ll be glad to share experiences and help with all.

This is a very interesting forum, and I´ll like to add something positive to all.

• Like 1

Hi Jaun and welcome.  The forum used to be very active, and extremely helpful, but lately there are few posts.  I am a new operator of the SAECO 200 sg, and the information in this forum has been extremely helpful.  Hope we can get it active again. 

• Like 1

Hi Jaun and welcome.  The forum used to be very active, and extremely helpful, but lately there are few posts.  I am a new operator of the SAECO 200 sg, and the information in this forum has been extremely helpful.  Hope we can get it active again. 

I use to operate SG200 and righta know I am programing few new Rubinos 200 that I got from SEAGA USA, I am having problems to get the beverage programmed on the button number 05 (enter button) I get the beverage programmed and when I push this button nothing happens. Could you help me on this please

Been away for a while and got your message. I would check the programming that allows Bev # 5 to be a no cup key or disabled. This is programmed in the menus. If you check manual, it will describe how to change cup/no cup key.

Greatdane

Hi everyone!

Ran across this forum while looking for Coffee vendors. How would I go about finding someone in the Phoenix Az area that is doing office coffee vending (like the Saeco SG 200's). We have a place that we would like to have decent coffee, and think it would do about 100 vends a week, maybe alot more? So far all of the vending companies I have talked to say they don't do coffee.

Thanks,

Bryan

• Like 1

I would look on Graigs list and like sites. There seem to be a lot of Saeco SG 200's for sale in your area. It appears Canmax had hit that area pretty thoroughly. I monitor ebay a lot and there are many, many machines that pop up. I would pay less than $1000 a piece used and/or new. Lots of deals to be had. I did list a example of todays Saeco's for sale. I am not selling these but I have done some searching and I found a bunch. Looks like some people have made a couple tabletop models. Early 1st Generation Barista Equipment Owner and Operator Blog: Barista Supreme Program Comments. I made a daily search block that search's for Saeco and lists them. Please leave all comments and activity here on TVF as the above address is just a placeholder to keep the above blog name from being retaken by those that really want it.

Good Luck,

Greatdane

• Like 1

You may need to replace the display plexiglass, or at least take it apart and clean the glass with some WD-40. That will polish it right up. If that doesn't work, you can try reheating the solder connectors of the display tube. If that doesn't work, you will need to get the display replaced or serviced. It will depend on what machine you have too. Some machines have displays that fade and die more than others. National 147-148 snacks, I've never seen a display go bad on those in any way. On USI SMIII displays though, I've replaced tons of the display tubes on those things. Let me know the model of machine and I might be able to tell you some other trick to make it work.

• Like 1

I would look on Graigs list and like sites. There seem to be a lot of Saeco SG 200's for sale in your area. It appears Canmax had hit that area pretty thoroughly. I monitor ebay a lot and there are many, many machines that pop up. I would pay less than $1000 a piece used and/or new. Lots of deals to be had. I did list a example of todays Saeco's for sale. I am not selling these but I have done some searching and I found a bunch. Looks like some people have made a couple tabletop models. Early 1st Generation Barista Equipment Owner and Operator Blog: Barista Supreme Program Comments. I made a daily search block that search's for Saeco and lists them. Please leave all comments and activity here on TVF as the above address is just a placeholder to keep the above blog name from being retaken by those that really want it.

Good Luck,

Greatdane

I was hoping to find someone here that “fell” for one of the Biz Opp things and has one of the Saeco machines they wanted to place in our location. Maybe help them out a little give them a chance to earn a little money. It sounds like many of them have had a hard time getting their machines placed.

Bryan

• Like 1

I am in need of your expertise again. I have two machines with similar problems.

As soon as plugged in, on the first machine all of the servo motors run and run (the motors for sugar, milk, chocolate, and French vanilla). Nothing is ever displayed on the screen.

The other one powers on but nothing appears on the screen and it never cycles as normal.

I have attempted to reset both machines by pressing the buttons on the board with no response. I have also tried to do a chip transfer on both with no success.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Larry

• Like 1

That's a new one I have never experienced. I hope the bins were empty. I bet there is a simple fix like hold programming button while plugging in. We can find out how to fix our problem by calling Saeco USA and/or Canmax. We were told that Canmax will provide service to non-authorized operators (time warranting) and we can use this as a test case.

You may find a email to jlake@canmax.com and vendingservices@canmax.com. They do answer email very fast and Jim is a great guy to talk too. He really knows the machine inside and out. If you do get through, another person on the forum was trying to get the language to English from Italian. That may be a easy answer too.

Good luck,

Greatdane

Ok I will give that a try. Thanks again for the info. I will post what I find out.

That would be really appreciated and a big atta boy for canmax if they really are sincere about helping non original owners of the equipment they sell

• Like 1

You may need to replace the display plexiglass, or at least take it apart and clean the glass with some WD-40. That will polish it right up. If that doesn't work, you can try reheating the solder connectors of the display tube. If that doesn't work, you will need to get the display replaced or serviced. It will depend on what machine you have too. Some machines have displays that fade and die more than others. National 147-148 snacks, I've never seen a display go bad on those in any way. On USI SMIII displays though, I've replaced tons of the display tubes on those things. Let me know the model of machine and I might be able to tell you some other trick to make it work.

Thanks for your help.  The brightness just needed to be adjusted, and I found out how to do that.  Thanks again.  John

• Like 1

Thanks for your help.  The brightness just needed to be adjusted, and I found out how to do that.  Thanks again.  John

Would you care to share how to do it, so the next person with the same issue can find the answer here.

• Like 1

does anyon know how to adjust the brightness on the LCD readout on front of the machine?  I have two that are perfct, and two that the letter boxes are so ark it's hard  to read.

You can control the brightness on the LCD Display from the PCB inside the machine. There is a grey square box with a white center on the board and using a jeweler's screw driver turn the white center clockwise to dim the LCD Display and counter-clockwise to brighten the display. If when you look at the LCD Display and can see the square boxes as part of the display it is too bright.

• Like 1

I recently sold my canmax business to someone out of state.   I was in the business with a partner and he has moved and gave me his 4 machines.   Problem is that 3 out of the 4 machines were left in his garage over the winter and now need new boilers and some other parts.   The 4th machine was in his house and works perfect.   So, I would consider the 3 machines to be used for parts and the 4th is like new.   Please let me know if someone is interested in buying them.   Great deal.  $1500 for all machines.  I live in Minneapolis.   Buyer would have to pay shipping.   Contact me at 612 964 7730 or zacharias14@hotmail.com

• Like 1

Hi Folks, need some help.  One of my machines seems to have a short.  It was running fine, then it just stopped, and threw the breaker switch.  When I turn the breaker back on, the machine starts, then when it starts to cycle, it popps the breaker again.  Can any of you tell me where to start looking for what is causing the problem.  I am not  tech or trained to repair so I'm kinda learning as i go.  Thank you!!

• Like 1

Hey, we are vendors in the Jacksonville, Florida area and are looking into selling our business. My business partner and I have so loved doing this business, however, we have both reasently expanded our family and can no longer spend the time to grow. So we are looking for someone to take over for us if possible. We would even be happy to talk about financing options. Please contact us if you are interested.  If we can't sell business (with clients) then we would be intereseted to selling off our units indivually. 

BUS PRICE: $17,000
The sales price includes:

• Six (6) Clients with Espresso units already placed in the Jacksonville area. (We only have one full vending client - all others are invoiced monthly on drinks they use - most have a $200 montly minimum)
  • Five (5) Barista Supremo Coffee/Espresso Machines for new potential clients
  • 2 weeks of training
  • A healthy supply of stock for the machines
  • All maintenance manuals
  • Setup DVD
  • Six (6) timing chips (allowing the units to be turned on and off or change pricing automatically)
  • Some replacement parts
  • Our Franchise Option through CanMax (a $10,000 value)
  • All Marketing Materials
  • Company Name
  • Trade Show Materials
  • Website

We are happy to coordinate shipping/viewing of the machines. Any shipping charges are not reflected in the asking price. Shipping charges are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
    We will consider selling each machine individually. Please contact us for pricing.

• Like 1

Hi Folks, need some help.  One of my machines seems to have a short.  It was running fine, then it just stopped, and threw the breaker switch.  When I turn the breaker back on, the machine starts, then when it starts to cycle, it popps the breaker again.  Can any of you tell me where to start looking for what is causing the problem.  I am not  tech or trained to repair so I'm kinda learning as i go.  Thank you!!

Are you talking about the switch on the surge protector (on the end of the plug)? If so, we've had that happen before and had to replace the surge protector or you could just take it off and replace the end with a regular plug. Replacing it was much easier than I thought it would be.

• Like 1

You need to be more specific in what you mean by "when it starts to cycle".  I'm not versed in the Saeco machines but one of the items involved in the "starts to cycle" is causing the breaker to trip.  You need to pay attention to the specific order that the machine starts in order to narrow the problem down.  It will likely be a 110V item as anything at 24V will blow an internal fuse.  My first idea is the heater in the boiler, but again, I don't have experience with these models.

• Like 1