I need help on setting up the Tempo Stands

JLM Vending

I just got 5 new tempo stands from Sams club. But before I post, i wanna say that I'm not trolling, so I'm just getting that out of the way. The picture shows the stand, and with the stand came these 2 pieces. You can see i bolted them on the Oak machine. The problem is that when i slid it through the stand, it easily comes off. It isn't sturdy. And again, not really sure what Im doing though I thought it would be a simple set up. Anyone ever set up Oaks with the tempo stands? Thanks.

GetAttachmentaspx.jpgphoto-675.jpg

I want to say there's a hole in the machine collar- and a bolt goes through that and either secures with the stand, or actually screws into it. I don't have a tempo stand myself, but I've seen a lot of them in the field. I'll see what I can figure out for you JLM.

I want to say there's a hole in the machine collar- and a bolt goes through that and either secures with the stand, or actually screws into it. I don't have a tempo stand myself, but I've seen a lot of them in the field. I'll see what I can figure out for you JLM.

Thanks peforma, i tried a bunch of different things and nothing seems to fit right. I don't know what im doing wrong.

Thanks peforma, i tried a bunch of different things and nothing seems to fit right. I don't know what im doing wrong.

Ever put together an artificial Christmas tree? How there's always one part that doesn't go together quite right? I'm thinking this may be the case, should be easy enough once we figure out what it is. I'll do some snooping and report back tomorrow.

Thanks for the pictures- okay, from what I understand, the unit is secured to this particular stand by the collar there. The bolts that attach the two collar halves together attach it to the stand. Try tightening those bolts some more, and see if that helps. You might need some tools to get it done.

I just got 5 new tempo stands from Sams club. But before I post, i wanna say that I'm not trolling, so I'm just getting that out of the way. The picture shows the stand, and with the stand came these 2 pieces. You can see i bolted them on the Oak machine. The problem is that when i slid it through the stand, it easily comes off. It isn't sturdy. And again, not really sure what Im doing though I thought it would be a simple set up. Anyone ever set up Oaks with the tempo stands? Thanks.

GetAttachmentaspx.jpgphoto-675.jpg

From this pic it looks like you are missing the base plate for the machine. Part C82-227.

Wish I could help, but I've never owned/bought a tempo.

Looking at your instruction sheet and how it's put together...I'm glad I never did.

Never been a fan of the looks on a tempo stand and looking at the pics above it seems they're rather generic.

You can get a pipe stand for the same price as a tempo and just a pay a little more for shipping due to weight.

BUT, for those extra couple dollars on shipping you get a stand that looks beefier, is bottom heavy, and quicker to assemble.

And judging by the design, I wouldn't trust a double or triple on a tempo whereas a pipestand handles them no problem.

The pipe stand probably gives you more years of service, too.

I know that doesn't solve your current issues JLM...but maybe you can consider pipe stands for future needs.

Okay, so I took a look at somebody's Tempo stand. No contact info or labels of course. The stand here was a chrome setup and had two "bands" around the four posts- one at the bottom and one in the middle. The collar on top looked about the same though, and it was just screwed in really tightly. Perhaps there's a lip of some sort that it hooks onto? I'll keep looking, but Tempo stands aren't nearly as common as they used to be.

I kinda wish i just got the regular stands instead, was trying to save a few bucks

Take advice from someone who owns tempo stands. Not the people who don't or are guessing. I feel like flaming you people.

Unbelievable, JLM slide the legs together, install the collar over the top of the legs, make sure the top of the collar is even with the legs, tighten the 2 bolts.DONE! Take the base of your OAK (that is the part with the threaded rod) mount it to the collar.

Unbelievable, JLM slide the legs together, install the collar over the top of the legs, make sure the top of the collar is even with the legs, tighten the 2 bolts.DONE! Take the base of your OAK (that is the part with the threaded rod) mount it to the collar.

Maybe Oak has a Tempo adapter kit available. :wacko:

Take advice from someone who owns tempo stands. Not the people who don't or are guessing. I feel like flaming you people.

Okay....

Someone really loves their tempo stands. ;D

As I'm the only one that RGCV's remark can be referring to, I'll just clarify my previous post.

My opinions are always my own.

Take them or leave them...but, don't belittle them because I've never owned a tempo.

Some people don't need to purchase/own something in order to know the product in question is not the best choice.

Take Vendstars for example...I've never owned one...does that mean I need to buy one to know there are better machines for my money on the market?

Heck no!

Whether it's vending products, equipment, or any other vending-related item, I don't always need personal experience to show me what's best.

The lessons are obvious to those who research and observe.

I know better, not because I EXPERIENCED the lesser products, but because I chose to use equipment and products the vending pros with more experience were using.

I also know better because I pay attention while servicing shared locations to learn the quality of products/items my competition uses.

I've seen enough wobbly tempo's on locations to keep me away from buying them.

Never seen a wobbly pipe stand.

I've also seen plenty of doubles/triples on a pipe stand.

I don't recall ever seeing a double or triple on a tempo.

And based on the lack of weight at the bottom of the tempo, I personally wouldn't try a double/triple on one.

Now I've seen the assembly instructions and found another negative with the tempos.

A pipe stand is less hassle to assemble.

I don't need to own a tempo to form that opinion.

Tempos are available through SAMS...a widely used supplier in the bulk industry.

And pipe stands and tempos are both pretty much the same price.

Yet, you don't see as many tempos as you do pipe stands being used by experienced vendors.

That too tells me something....as an observation.

My previous post began by stating my inability to help JLM with his assembly of a tempo stand.

However, I gave advice based on the big picture because JLM will likely need to purchase more stands in the future.

My post is a recommendation and I provided reasons for said recommendation.

Everyone here is always welcomed to present a difference of opinion in order to help JLM (and others) beyond his immediate need.

That's the purpose of this forum.

But, let me also make this perfectly clear:

If anyone of you should ever want to flame me for my opinions, go ahead.

My observations have taught me that flaming is a part of every forum...even though I've never owned a forum.

Okay....

Someone really loves their tempo stands. ;D

As I'm the only one that RGCV's remark can be referring to, I'll just clarify my previous post.

My opinions are always my own.

Take them or leave them...but, don't belittle them because I've never owned a tempo.

Some people don't need to purchase/own something in order to know the product in question is not the best choice.

Take Vendstars for example...I've never owned one...does that mean I need to buy one to know there are better machines for my money on the market?

Heck no!

Whether it's vending products, equipment, or any other vending-related item, I don't always need personal experience to show me what's best.

The lessons are obvious to those who research and observe.

I know better, not because I EXPERIENCED the lesser products, but because I chose to use equipment and products the vending pros with more experience were using.

I also know better because I pay attention while servicing shared locations to learn the quality of products/items my competition uses.

I've seen enough wobbly tempo's on locations to keep me away from buying them.

Never seen a wobbly pipe stand.

I've also seen plenty of doubles/triples on a pipe stand.

I don't recall ever seeing a double or triple on a tempo.

And based on the lack of weight at the bottom of the tempo, I personally wouldn't try a double/triple on one.

Now I've seen the assembly instructions and found another negative with the tempos.

A pipe stand is less hassle to assemble.

I don't need to own a tempo to form that opinion.

Tempos are available through SAMS...a widely used supplier in the bulk industry.

And pipe stands and tempos are both pretty much the same price.

Yet, you don't see as many tempos as you do pipe stands being used by experienced vendors.

That too tells me something....as an observation.

My previous post began by stating my inability to help JLM with his assembly of a tempo stand.

However, I gave advice based on the big picture because JLM will likely need to purchase more stands in the future.

My post is a recommendation and I provided reasons for said recommendation.

Everyone here is always welcomed to present a difference of opinion in order to help JLM (and others) beyond his immediate need.

That's the purpose of this forum.

But, let me also make this perfectly clear:

If anyone of you should ever want to flame me for my opinions, go ahead.

My observations have taught me that flaming is a part of every forum...even though I've never owned a forum.

I don't think it was directed at you Sherlock. I think RGCV was just upset because he identified the issue, and even provided a part number, yet JLM seems to have blown his advice off. Instead he (JLM) continues to question and interact with others about the issue.

I could be wrong though. That's just how I took it.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I figured he was after me. I always try to help even if I'm not in the best position to give it. I have enough experience across a number of fields to provide a little assistance, and if I can't I'll try to find a solution. Perhaps a solution I suggest won't be successful, but might help the original poster to solve the problem with new insight or a different approach, or help guide another member to a better solution. If I'm wrong on this, I apologize to the offended parties, but I'm not likely to stop anytime soon.

JLM, take the machine off of the collar, loosen the bolts to allow the collar to slide onto the stand- re-tighten the bolts with the collar in position on the stand, and then attach the machine on top.

I figured he was after me. I always try to help even if I'm not in the best position to give it. I have enough experience across a number of fields to provide a little assistance, and if I can't I'll try to find a solution. Perhaps a solution I suggest won't be successful, but might help the original poster to solve the problem with new insight or a different approach, or help guide another member to a better solution. If I'm wrong on this, I apologize to the offended parties, but I'm not likely to stop anytime soon.

JLM, take the machine off of the collar, loosen the bolts to allow the collar to slide onto the stand- re-tighten the bolts with the collar in position on the stand, and then attach the machine on top.

Ok. Im going to give it my best, thanks. I don't know if you know, but the other issue is that the feet don't even fit in the legs of the machine.

I don't think it was directed at you Sherlock. I think RGCV was just upset because he identified the issue, and even provided a part number, yet JLM seems to have blown his advice off. Instead he (JLM) continues to question and interact with others about the issue.

I could be wrong though. That's just how I took it.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Correct Steve.. That is why I responded with OP's comments in both of my posts trying to direct my conversation to the OP.

Ok. Im going to give it my best, thanks. I don't know if you know, but the other issue is that the feet don't even fit in the legs of the machine.

Can you upload some pics of this?

Tag your it!

Archived