Sam's Stopped Skittles?

English Vending

I went to Sam's to pick up some skittles yesterday and they were gone! the place they usually are wasn't just empty, it had pallets of something else sitting there. Anyone else's Sam's stop carrying them too? I have been thinking about replacing them with M&I's anyways but this is kind of rushing my transition!

I was thinking about replacing my M+I with Skittles because of constant sticking issues even when I shower them in pam. Has anyone else had this issue?

My Sam's stopped stocking Reeses Pieces. It may differ from store to store. Try another Sams or go with the item number for the skittles and ask them if it is discontinued or just back ordered.

I was thinking about replacing my M+I with Skittles because of constant sticking issues even when I shower them in pam. Has anyone else had this issue?

My Sam's stopped stocking Reeses Pieces. It may differ from store to store. Try another Sams or go with the item number for the skittles and ask them if it is discontinued or just back ordered.

That's the reason I have been avoiding M&I's up until now, sounds like a big hassle to keep them from sticking. How does the pam make them look/feel? I'd imagine it would put a greasy film on it and the same for the clear plastic of the head.

I went to Sam's to pick up some skittles yesterday and they were gone! the place they usually are wasn't just empty, it had pallets of something else sitting there. Anyone else's Sam's stop carrying them too? I have been thinking about replacing them with M&I's anyways but this is kind of rushing my transition!

must be your local club.

they are still on the web site in every type and flavor.

also, stores do move items around. they could be in a different place.

I like the skittles riddles. the colors dont match the flavors. that will freak out people.

just dont mark your vendors Skittles Riddles and watch the fun begin.

That's the reason I have been avoiding M&I's up until now, sounds like a big hassle to keep them from sticking. How does the pam make them look/feel? I'd imagine it would put a greasy film on it and the same for the clear plastic of the head.

The pam leaves a very greasy film on the Mike and Ike's. As a matter of fact, I just filled some M+I in an empty container and gave test vends of the products to the employees and the one who got M+I commented that "these M+I are greasy". Thankfully one of the other employees said "that is because they are fresh". I laughed myself silly at that one but it only further proves my theory that M+I may be more trouble than they are worth. They sell very well for me but are a constant maintenance issue due to sticking. I am curious to see if the numbers dip when I replace them with skittles in a few test locations.

Ask about the skittles at the Sams in question...preferably to a manager.

Don't assume they won't carry them anymore just because something has taken their place on a shelf.

If the store is out of Skittles temporarily, they won't just leave the shelf empty...they put something in place of the Skittles until they get the Skittles back in stock.

My local Sams does that all the time with all kinds of product...including bulk candy.

Ask about the skittles at the Sams in question...preferably to a manager.

Don't assume they won't carry them anymore just because something has taken their place on a shelf.

If the store is out of Skittles temporarily, they won't just leave the shelf empty...they put something in place of the Skittles until they get the Skittles back in stock.

My local Sams does that all the time with all kinds of product...including bulk candy.

Yeah I was planning on doing that but I'm pretty sure half the town was in there so it wasn't going to happen at the moment lol. Definitely going to confirm by asking, I was just assuming because last time I was there there were at least two full pallets of them. Wouldn't think all of that would sell out so quickly but I will still ask to make sure. Thanks Sherlock!

I went to Sam's one time and they were out on the shelf. I found a manager and they pulled a pallet from the warehouse. I explained to them that I was a vendor and bought the product on a regular basis. They seemed to understand and be concerned. I have to say that Sam's Club has always been helpful to me.

1. Actually on skittles Sam's doesn't give much of a discount over Walmart. I bought some at Wally world for a two of the 3 machines I placed 1st. Cost Per ounce was about the same and the Smaller bag was cheaper buy a .02 an ounce then the larger.

I agree, when my sams is out they fill that spot right in with something else. I always ask them to check and most of the time they say "oh yeah there is blank in stock" then I have to wait for the fork lift brigade to get them off a top shelf somewhere above an obscure isle.

As far as MI's i have them in over 100 locs and seldom have an issue. I use the spray and never had a complaint. for the really good selling locs I try to caution them and let them know that a gentle shake to the machine will jostle them free if they stick. I have had a bigger issue with skittles. they will literally turn to liquid and drip down, I had a huge mess this past week in a small lumber store that did not have ac going.

MI are my number 2 seller behind MMP

Yea I have been putting Hot tamales in when I have first set up a few machines and they only seem to do well in a couple of Lotions so far. Mike and Ike's have been a bigger hit. so depending I plan on fixing a couple of extra tops with M&I and replacing the Hot Tamales in a couple of locations.

Archived