Key management

BigRedvender

Is there somewhere on the net I can go to get a locks keyed alike now that i have gotten several Eagles and some NW 60's and one gumball globe machine I wand to get them keyed alike to keep servicing them easier. I have done this with my vendstars it made running the route nice a few weeks ago. Want to keep that up for my newer machines I have just revived before I place them out on the route.

Thanks

BigRed, I hope you follow up with this once you get them keyed alike (where purchased, key type, cost, etc) because I'm still in the planning stages and one thing I've decided beyond a doubt is that I'm gonna key-alike my machines as I go. Any additional information about the process or helpful tips once you do it would be greatly appreciated!

or you could get them from Northwestern. I got some from A&A and they were terrible, the "key code" was not the same as other locks with the same code from other suppliers. Northwestern sells the real deal. Or like Billnuts said check Chicago Lock.

I order all my bulk vending locks form wiczer industries and my bulk locks are made by cam lock systems. They are a tubular key and are 4.75 each. DONT BUY LAI FLAT KEY LOCK a guy broke a bunch of ours with a screwdriver and they are over priced.

I order all my bulk vending locks form wiczer industries and my bulk locks are made by cam lock systems. They are a tubular key and are 4.75 each. DONT BUY LAI FLAT KEY LOCK a guy broke a bunch of ours with a screwdriver and they are over priced.

That's a good price. Do you have your own code?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

or you could get them from Northwestern. I got some from A&A and they were terrible, the "key code" was not the same as other locks with the same code from other suppliers. Northwestern sells the real deal. Or like Billnuts said check Chicago Lock.

AA used to use a good lock. But in the past few years they have become crappy.

That's a good price. Do you have your own code?

AA used to use a good lock. But in the past few years they have become crappy.

Yes and its well worth the added security and simplicity for having one key that fits almost all my machines.

Thanks for the link Action Vending..I need to seriously sit down and get all my machines on the route keyed alike..it will be a big investment upfront but with the time savings and all it will be well worth it. Is there a place to get snack/soda and bulk locks keyed the same? IF so id like to know..

Thanks for the link Action Vending..I need to seriously sit down and get all my machines on the route keyed alike..it will be a big investment upfront but with the time savings and all it will be well worth it. Is there a place to get snack/soda and bulk locks keyed the same? IF so id like to know..

Ya wiczer does that as well they specialize in all vending security locks, safes, hasps. We run puck locks over our tubulur locks or abloy bit locks from wixzer.

Honestly i dont see the need for ked alike machines. i have over 100 keys and after you run your route once or twice you just know your keys

It is just personal preference. In my case with the vendstars I know there are only two different keys for the top you can by on eBay. I have Re-keyed Vendstar locks. No one can get one and open the top of my machine. I know most won't go though the trouble but there is always someone that might. It is just nice to have them keyed alike and less hassle for me in the long run I use a large set of keys for work and know where every key is but learning 15-20 is different then having 1 or 2 to work with. I also like the fact of having my own key combo and a tubular key which adds a little added security. Just Like any business it is what you want to do for you and your business.

Archived