Newbie question? How to go about buying an existing route?

rico1030

Seller offering an incredibly good deal on a bulk candy route of 150 (2-3 y.o.) locations, almost $100 per location/vendstar machine; how do you go about the sale? Do you do a bill of sale, sign a contract, hire a lawyer? how do you guarantee the machines won't disappear in a week, get taken out of location, won't be opened, etc? Seller doesn's have the time, not desperate to sell, no financing. Any feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Vendstars are poor quality machines. If you intend to buy, you will be buying the locations first and foremost, and I would be absolutely certain that the locations warrant that high of a price-tag. Getting saddled with a route full of $2.00 a month salons and furniture stores is no way to run a business. Before I would consider purchasing something like this, I would want some REALLY GOOD records at the very least.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do!

I would strongly doubt he has 150 100 Locations. what kind of figures is he talking about. If you do the ruff math 150x100 is 15,000 a month 180,000 a year. He is just to busy to do anymore. Sounds questionable in my book. If you ask for any Tax records to back up his claim I bet you a nice prime rib dinner he dose not have them. Oh it just cash I run under the table would probably be his response. Smells like cow pie to me just on that note. Vendstars sell for between 25-75 each figure 25-50 a location to locate them. If ask for a list of locations and then do a little added looking to see if you find any more of his machines and see how they look like there doing. Are they Clean or dirty. Empty or half full of product. Even going on a pull can't be totally believed because he might extend his service time just to make sales look good for you. Just keep your head on and see what happens.

Low end i would say 4000 on up depending on truthful he is

thanks for the replies, and my apologies, what i meant to say was, he's asking $15,000 for a route of 148 vendstar machines; it comes out to about $100/location, machine included. How would you buy an existing route? what legal contracts would you sign, how do you protect your $15,000 investment?

thanks for the replies, and my apologies, what i meant to say was, he's asking $15,000 for a route of 148 vendstar machines; it comes out to about $100/location, machine included. How would you buy an existing route? what legal contracts would you sign, how do you protect your $15,000 investment?

when i bought my full line route, i had a bill of sale listing the addresses of each location, the assets there and the

ser# of those assets. the total and the sellers info and all that should be on there

and get it notarized. that is pretty much all you need google "bill of sale" for a template. Also make sure

to specifcy that you get the $ and product currently in the machine if that is part of the deal

you are smart to recognize the machines could easily vanish the next day. there is nothing you can do

about that. vending is volitile, so generally you want to avoid paying more than the equipment itself is worth

unless there are contracts in place. i am not involved with bulk vending so i cant comment on whether

that is a good deal or not. in full line vending the rule of thumb to value a route is 60% of 1yr annual gross revenue or total asset value whichever is higher. not sure if that applies to bulk vending but imo it is a good place to start negotiating

especially if the equipment isnt worth near what hes asking

thanks dogcow and the others for your advice and input, its greatly appreciated; i haven't yet contacted this seller, but i'll check further into what he's got to offer; at least i now have an idea on how to proceed with the bill of sale regardless of the type of machine; i thought it was an incredible deal, but i realize i can get better machines and take my time locating them myself;

Archived