Locating contest

pusherman

I placed one triple today in Friend's Yogurt. I have been tring to get in this place since this past Summer. The place had lines last Summer. Now that it is cooler, and business has slowed down, they said YES. I am happy though. I will be ready when Summer comes again. We talked about placing the machine outside during the Summer so more kids will use it.  I will add a second machine if things really go well.

So anyway, that's one more for me.

P.S. I will be checking on approval for placement in Washington Mutural Bank this Monday.

ONLY 16 MORE DAYS TO GO...

Gary

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

placed a machine in a "taqeria"today(mexican taco   place).the guy owns a dance hall attached to

his restaurant so I`m the younger dancers will hit the machine while

they dance and eat thier tacos.

It is  one of the 7 8 select u turns I own.I think I am going to place it there for a few months,see what sells the most and down size to either  3 HEAD or 4 select uturn,unless everything sells pretty good then I`ll leave it.

I`m thinking about getting a klopp coin counter to make my life easier and serviceing faster.

MAybe to save time I could fill the machine once a month and get the money every other month,your thoughts on this?my locations (except this new one) have cameras or are almost impossible to steal the machines from.

thanks antonio

For you guys (and gals) placing machines, if you need an easy way to track the locations, services, inventory, expenses, and other vending business related aspects - I recommend giving Vend-Trak a try if you're not a member already! 

Yes, as the founder, I am a little biased ;) but our users are very happy with our product and service (you can search VENDiscuss for "Vend-Trak" to see what others have to say).  You can try it for free for two months with no strings attached.  If you want to continue the membership, you can renew after the trial.  Plus, we offer a special to VENDiscuss members - just use the signup keycode below to take advantage of the special.

Other Vend-Trak related topics, including info on the special offer, can be found in the Special Buys Forum (http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/forum22/).

My plan for placing another machine in a bank fell through. It's those places that you really think are going to say "Yes" and than they say "No" that really hurt. I don't know how many more I will get in 2007.

Time is running out!

Plans for the start of 2008:

• Working on a deal with 16 Blockbuster Videos.
  • Working on a couple of more Citibanks.
  • Working on a few car rentals around San Diego Airport.
  • Working on a 55+ adult community recreation room and cafe.
  • Working on a couple of Jiffy Lubes.

Happy New Year to all members and their families.

Gary

I've placed 5 locations this month so far. 3 doubles, and 2 singles, for a total of 8 machines. The 2 singles were on consecutive days (14th/15th) and the 3 doubles were all located today. Currently out of stock :-D

-Lucero

Edit: They were a sports-clothing store, a car rental/purchase store, an apartment complex office, a water-supply store (they provide water coolers and the water) and a mechanic shop

I have an appointment this Saturday morning at 8AM with a District Manager from Blockbuster Video. He is responsible for 16 stores in my area. He has some of the highest volume stores in the San Diego area. One of the stores, that we use, see's 2500 customers per week. I am going to talk to him about placing sticker/tattoo machines in his stores. He has been working with local businesses to help drive increamental business for his stores. I have talked to him about donating a portion of his vending sales to their charity.  I think he is finally ready to consider going through with the deal. I will be presenting a couple of different opportunities that will be very good for the both of us.

FACT:

They have one gumball machine in each of their stores and he said they do over $1.5 million a year with them. They fill them themselves with their own gumballs.

I would love to just have a piece of that action!

Please pray for me. This would be a great birthday gift if he says yes!

Gary

antoniocinisi wrote:

*fingers crossed*

how do you get these accounts?:huh:?

"Hello is the manager available to speak to? Hi! My name is Lucero. (handshake). I'm a local vendor, an I participate in a vending outreach program with some great folks called Local Hunger Ltd. They are a charity based out of Georgia, but they run a national program to help fight hunger. Don't worry, I'm not here to solicit any donations.(smile) I work with the program by placing small candy machines in businesses. Money generated goes to Georgia first, but then comes back to New Mexico in the form of food. By partnering with local businesses like your own, I'm generating over 1200 lbs of food annually(thanks Caserri), all of which gets delivered to local soup kitchens, homeless shelters, and missions. So what I'd like to do is offer you folks a free machine to place here(nodding my head up and down subtly here) as a service to your customers, no obligation or cost to you, which I will then service regularly, cleaning, refilling etc. It looks like right over here would be an excellent place for it, what do you think?"

I use a few subtle psychological techniques to generate a rapid rapport between myself and the person. I mirror their body posture, tonality, and speech patterns, as well as their breathing rate, speaking on their exhalations. Once this rapport is built, their subconscious will mirror me to some degree as well, which is why doing things like nodding my head when I want them in a yes mindset works. I also will ask a few semi-obvious 'yes' questions to build what's called a yes ladder or yes mindset before I launch into my pitch. This can be anything such as: "Oh great, so you're the manager here, then?" and "You said your name is X?". Anything that gets a yes is good, because a yes is an entire physiological response, not just a word.

Cheers, I'm off to bed with quinoa and rib eye in my belly. Happy day :D

-Lucero

Lucero wrote:

antoniocinisi wrote:

*fingers crossed*

how do you get these accounts?:huh:?

"Hello is the manager available to speak to? Hi! My name is Lucero. (handshake). I'm a local vendor, an I participate in a vending outreach program with some great folks called Local Hunger Ltd. They are a charity based out of Georgia, but they run a national program to help fight hunger. Don't worry, I'm not here to solicit any donations.(smile) I work with the program by placing small candy machines in businesses. Money generated goes to Georgia first, but then comes back to New Mexico in the form of food. By partnering with local businesses like your own, I'm generating over 1200 lbs of food annually(thanks Caserri), all of which gets delivered to local soup kitchens, homeless shelters, and missions. So what I'd like to do is offer you folks a free machine to place here(nodding my head up and down subtly here) as a service to your customers, no obligation or cost to you, which I will then service regularly, cleaning, refilling etc. It looks like right over here would be an excellent place for it, what do you think?"

I use a few subtle psychological techniques to generate a rapid rapport between myself and the person. I mirror their body posture, tonality, and speech patterns, as well as their breathing rate, speaking on their exhalations. Once this rapport is built, their subconscious will mirror me to some degree as well, which is why doing things like nodding my head when I want them in a yes mindset works. I also will ask a few semi-obvious 'yes' questions to build what's called a yes ladder or yes mindset before I launch into my pitch. This can be anything such as: "Oh great, so you're the manager here, then?" and "You said your name is X?". Anything that gets a yes is good, because a yes is an entire physiological response, not just a word.

Cheers, I'm off to bed with quinoa and rib eye in my belly. Happy day :D

-Lucero

that is so much longer than "hey do you want one of these?"

Antonio,

Thanks for crossing your fingers. I met with the district this morning and he was very open to my presentation. I knew he was interested when he started telling me what stores would do the best with what type machine. He named one store that averages 10,000 transactions per week. Their gumball machines goes through 2,100 gumball a month. He said I would have to fill the sticker/tattoo machines a couple of times a month in that store. All I could say is, "That's amazing".

I am looking to go with sticker machines in his top 5-6 locations and triple-head machines in the other 10 lower volume locations. He has a boss that is looking to do things out-side-the-box so my timing is prefect! He will let me know by the end of the day on Monday if it is a go.

Vending is all a numbers game and I think this is where the number are.

Sorry, I never answered your question, "How do you get these accounts?" I am always looking and thinking about the perfect locations. You just have to ask. The worst they could say is NO!

I will update you as after the new year.

Gary

gary,

for the same size foot print as the 3 col. sticker machine you could put a 6 or 8 col. maybe put a 3 or 4 in the lower volume stores and a 6 or 8 in the higher volume stops. let him know it wont take up any more space, but you will both make more money.

Gary,

I hope you get the location!!

I know that all you have to do is ask it`s the hearing no part I hate.yesterday I asked a grocery store manager if they wanted a rack in thier store and got a big fat no.they have the PERFECT location right at the door completly open and in clear plain view.I plan on asking the actual owner and see what he says.the manager gave me some story on how they can only use one suplier for each product they sell,I still dont know how that aplies to me though as they have no rack.I will ask him a couple of more times before I give up if I cant get a hold of the owner.

the family video here in town has thier own candy rack but no tats or stickers,I have to look into that and see what I could work out with them.A friend of mine works there and could help me out or put in a good word for me.he has told me his boss manages  locations in other bigger cities/towns.I would be estatic if I were to get a deal like that going.

antonio, i would bypass the manager if the owner is available. the manager is never going to see any of that commision money so why would he care. the owner is the one that really wants to get all he can out of every square foot of space.

good luck

Pusherman is right!

I think you should go right to the owner and tell him you have a great opportunity for him to make money in that empty location. Tell him what you would like to do and tell him what percent he could get and how much money that would be each month. Figure on the best numbers that could be achieved in a month. Ask him how many customers he has per month. Tell him that your candy will not effect his candy sales because it would be eaten immediatly, unlike his bag candy. If he is still concerned about hurting his candy sales, go with all capsules and maybe a sticker/tattoo machine. There is nothing in his store that those items will interfer with.

Good luck.

Gary

So far from December 4th to 10th I have placed 6 machines. Keeping trak of them online:

1. Thai Place

2. Sporting Goods

3. Ink Refill

4. Computer Parts

5. Copy Place

6. Pizza Place

Since this I have relocated the pizza place to a burger place. (owner overide manager)

Secured 1 double on an international electronics supplier

and another double at a Halmark stationary store

My route is very tight, since all but 2 are on the way with my daily commute to work, and all are within 2 miles of my house.

leo7068 wrote:

Since this I have relocated the pizza place to a burger place. (owner overide manager)

Secured 1 double on an international electronics supplier

and another double at a Halmark stationary store

My route is very tight, since all but 2 are on the way with my daily commute to work, and all are within 2 miles of my house.

Looks like you've got it sewn up this month leo, I'm fresh out of machines :-D

Is Leo the winner for December? If so, let me bestow this award to you Leo! You may use this as your avatar if you like! There will be even cheesier awards for 2008!

Steve

Thanks everyone for the advice, support, and guidance. It's hard to believe I first read about vending machines as a business back in mid November. I am out of town this weekend, but plan on locating as much as I can all January.

This is not the end, it's only the beginning.