Locating contest

pusherman

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antonio

I lucked out when I talked to a  District Manager from Valoline Oil Change that authorized machines in all his locations. Plus, I am always looking for new places to place machines. Between one thing and another and these few breaks, I ended up with a good November. You have to get to the corporate type accounts that have distict managers or operations manangers to get a bunch of the same accounts all at once. I only see one drawback to working with chain accounts- you could lose all of them just as quick as you got them.  You have to go talk to all types of places even if you think they will say NO! You just never know who will like the idea and put machines in all their locations.

Good luck my friend.

Gary

Gary

There not the best since Juffy Lube's are next to them in almost every area. They all had a few machines each in them before I got in. Now all the other vendors are out and it's just me. They do about $25-$35 per month. Concidering the foot traffic they get, I guess that's pretty good.

People don't seat in their cars here. It's just like JL.

Gary

Update on Blockbuster Video...

They approved machines for 16 stores in one district's area. They are going to test my area and put together a reason, for the CEO, to expand to 300 stores in California.

I will be riding with my contact next Thursday. We are going to look at each store and I will pick the best location for each machine and meet the store managers. At that point I will order product and place all equipment before the end of January.

Will have more updates after next weeks workwith.

Gary

I won't be able to do that in all the accounts because he really likes what I have already. There are a few stores, (Highest Volume) that I am going to try to experiment with a rack system with 4-6 units. Once we get talking during the workwith, I will have a better feel for what I can sell him. I am going to bring some pictures so that when the time is right I can show him bigger and better setups.

Good luck to you with the Mexican Buffet chain. That would be a sweet hit! (pardon the pun)

Thanks for your support Pusherman.

Gary

Update on Blockbuster Video...

They approved machines for 16 stores in one district's area. They are going to test my area and put together a reason, for the CEO, to expand to 300 stores in California.

I will be riding with my contact next Thursday. We are going to look at each store and I will pick the best location for each machine and meet the store managers. At that point I will order product and place all equipment before the end of January.

Will have more updates after next weeks workwith.

Gary

Congrats Gary!!

I've got 1 location so far this month :-D

-Lucero

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Members,

Here are a couple of pictures from BlockBuster Video. Thanks to those of you that prayed and crossed their fingers or both. It has been a busy two weeks but all equipment has been placed in 16 locations.

Total: 12 Triple-head machines & 6 bulk stands as shown below.

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/images/westcoastvend/westCV1.jpg

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/images/westcoastvend/westCV2.jpg

Thank you again.

Gary

I have six different new car dealers some in different towns and like any location, some do really well and others really bite. On my last collection a dealership was number two for collections and another was near the bottom.

Grumpy

west coast vend wrote:

Hey Antonio,

Let me know how the used car place does. I have been thinking about new car places but haven't talked to them yet.

Good job on the placement.

Gary

Hey Members,

Here are a couple of pictures from BlockBuster Video. Thanks to those of you that prayed and crossed their fingers or both. It has been a busy two weeks but all equipment has been placed in 16 locations.

Total: 12 Triple-head machines & 6 bulk stands as shown below.

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/images/westcoastvend/westCV1.jpg

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/images/westcoastvend/westCV2.jpg

Thank you again.

Gary

Gary!........Wow!!!  I am very impressed buddy!  Nice looking rack from LYPC.  It actually makes me feel good that you went with them since I am trying 7 doubles from those guys with the cash drawer that simply pulls out which I absolutely love!!

How the heck did you get Blockbuster?:huh:

• 1 month later...

Blockbuster Update:

I collected from all the triple-head machines a week ago and my average take was $72 per store. That was for 3 weeks. I have to make adjustments as I go so those averages will go up next month.

This week I am collecting from the bulk racks. I will let you know how I did later this week.

Gary

bot!!

my neighbor aproached me about putting a machine in a Lincoln muesuem!!now I know where 1800  #3  will go!!

any recomendation on candy?I know she likes pmm so thats one choice,then maybe cashews.do the 1800`s need a stirrer for cashews?my third choice would be  M and I but  again will they need a stirrer?I`m thinking no , but those would be my 3 choices to start with,wadda you guys think??this is A small town muesum keep in mind too.

Antonio,

Mike & Ike's don't need a spring mixer. Just set the regular candy wheel at 6 and they will be fine. The cashews do not need a mixer either. Just be careful with cashews. They are very expenisive and they make a mess of the machine and the floor. (crumbs and salt)

The Peanut m&m's and the Mike & Ike are good. Why not do gumballs in the middle. You will make a great profit on them.

Good luck with your new account. It sounds like it could be a good one.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I guess this is where I post for the contest. I placed 5 so far this month. Working on another 3.

Auto Auction (1 in drivers breakroom, another in office area)

Bank

Manufactured Home Dealership

Medical Clinic

That's it for now. I'll let you know if I locate the other 3.