Locating contest

pusherman

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys.

That's what I like to see. The race for the finish line is just a couple of weeks away.

Come on the rest of you. I know you must be placing machines and picking up new accounts.

This is your chance to show off and win the locating contest for June-08.

Gary

Very good. Thank you for the update.

I picked up, what I think is going to be a great account today.

It's called Ice-o-plex. It's a huge ice rink in my town. I stopped there last Friday for the first time. I was dropping off my daughter that had been invited to the rink by a friend of hers. I didn't even know it was there. When I walked in I couldn't believe it. It was like vending paradise. It had all sorts of racks of candy, 1" capsules, 2" capsules, sticker & Tattoo's, video games, etc.

I stopped back today and they are going to take a crane from me. This is going to be a real good account. The manager was very open to suggestions so as I get to know the place and him better I will start adding equipment. I ordered a crane machine today so I should have it by the end of next week.

So, this counts as 1 new placement for me.

Gary

Yesterday I did some locating.  I had pulled 5 machines from poor performing locations, and relocated them.  I placed all 5 machines in 2 hours.  I started a 1pm, and ended just before 3pm.

Funny thing.  One of the places I put in a machine was a national franchise (locally owned) auto repair service store.  I had tried to place one of my first two machines there 2 1/2 years ago.  But, I couldn't get the manager's ear because it was so busy.  I came back a week later, and there was already a new machine in there.  So, I had missed my chance.

Well, yesterday, I tried again.  There was yet a different selectvend in there, but it was not vending gumballs.  So, I gave my spiel, and they said OK!  Turns out, the old vender had not been in for months to service the machine. And he had cashews and other nuts in there too.  I'm guessing he gave up on vending and abandoned the machine.

So, it pays to be persistant.

• 2 weeks later...

Located 2 today. Both are factories...same company. 1 machine will be on location in about 1 week the other when I have the money for it (they will wait until I have enough money to buy a machine for the other location). I hate being cash strapped!!! I guess it's part of the start-up process. It's a good problem. I'd prefer to have more locations than machines.

No competition is complete without trash talking, so here it is: I am only behind on locations because I don't have enough money to place more machines. Locating is fun...I get to dress up nice and pretend I'm a sucessful businessman providing free services to my clients and helping out charity. Once I get more money...watch out!

Joe