Is this a good deal?

allstar2200

Looking to buy a location. Person says it grosses about 160 a month. He is asking 2000 and I got him down to 1500 includes machine and location with an old combo machine cans and snacks Location is 5

% commission based for electricity cost. Any thoughts? Would be first soda snack machine for me

160 gross

-8 commission

-80 product cost

-62.5 $1500/24 months

-8 2 gallons of gas

-1.5 2 hour of your life

If the revenue is not inflated

If the location stays in business.

If you can keep the location.

If the machine does not need a repair.

Do you need a city license?

If this plan works you will pay you self 75 cents an hour for the next 2 years.

I have yet to see where the math will work for a combo machine.

Walta

Do u guys really calculate it like this? How about when ur full time vending u remove 40 hours a week from a crappy job. - stress enzymes from ur crappy boss minus the time u have to live your life minus the lower risk of you having a co worker u like 87.65% than your wife

Do u guys really calculate it like this? How about when ur full time vending u remove 40 hours a week from a crappy job. - stress enzymes from ur crappy boss minus the time u have to live your life minus the lower risk of you having a co worker u like 87.65% than your wife

To TKK's question.

If you don’t or can’t make the math work for you then it is not a business. It is a hobby and you don’t care if you lose money.

Most people that manage to make a living and stay in this business end up working closer to 60 hours a week.

If you want to know stress, try running a business that is failing.

You will be trading 1 boss for 35 bosses and there will be more than one that rubs you the wrong way.

Walta

If you don’t or can’t make the math work for you then it is not a business. It is a hobby and you don’t care if you lose money.

Most people that manage to make a living and stay in this business end up working closer to 60 hours a week.

If you want to know stress, try running a business that is failing.

You will be trading 1 boss for 35 bosses and there will be more than one that rubs you the wrong way.

Walta

My thoughts run along that line as well. You've got to put it into black and white. As RJT said, "If it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make sense." From a bottom line analysis combos almost never work. That said there is a place for combos for a small vendor to generate enough volume to reduce and limit out of date issues.

You just have to pay attention and not get so caught up in the creation of cash flow that you lose sight of profitability. Profitability and income are very different from each other. Bottom line, if you want to create income or build yourself a job then combos are fine, if your goal is to build a business then they might be OK when starting out but you can't build a business with them.

most combo machines are from business startups. and some will only sell parts to the original owners,

what do you do when it breaks down? these are like disposible equipment.

very few of the companys are still around. like USI merged with Witten thou.

most combo machines are from business startups. and some will only sell parts to the original owners,

The Wittern Group is the parent holding company for USI, Federal Finance, Perfect Break Systems and a few others. The company has been structured this way since at least the early 90's that I know of.

It's a "crane national"

is it a mechanical one or does it use bill validator etc? i have paid alot for some machines that arent worth 1/4th of that for gravy locations, and i have also paid 1$th of what a machine should be with out location. its really up to you. if he lets you see the servicing and you see what he pulls id offer him max what it makes in 6 months.which is about $800. now if that machine looks like its worth itsef $800 then id probably offer him $1,200 max. im sure hed take it. ask him if u can go w him to see it service make sure it all works and that he isnt getting booted. then ask him if you can borrow the key for a week or two and then go back with him and check it if its making what it is then go from there...$160 really isnt alot, but it isnt bad either. at $2,000 you can buy 3-4 coke machines, place them and make atleast $300-$800 a month. more work yes. but hey if you get 4 $200 a month coke locations, thats $9,600 a year gross and no hastle of messing with snacks. or pay the same $2,000 and make $1,920 and mess with snacks etc.

i am not saying snacks are bad, but i wouldnt do it if i had one snack machine, u need to buy in bulk to save and make better profit and in a small moving snack machine, you will have either spoilage or give away free snacks to ur family and friends.

is it a mechanical one or does it use bill validator etc? i have paid alot for some machines that arent worth 1/4th of that for gravy locations, and i have also paid 1$th of what a machine should be with out location. its really up to you. if he lets you see the servicing and you see what he pulls id offer him max what it makes in 6 months.which is about $800. now if that machine looks like its worth itsef $800 then id probably offer him $1,200 max. im sure hed take it. ask him if u can go w him to see it service make sure it all works and that he isnt getting booted. then ask him if you can borrow the key for a week or two and then go back with him and check it if its making what it is then go from there...$160 really isnt alot, but it isnt bad either. at $2,000 you can buy 3-4 coke machines, place them and make atleast $300-$800 a month. more work yes. but hey if you get 4 $200 a month coke locations, thats $9,600 a year gross and no hastle of messing with snacks. or pay the same $2,000 and make $1,920 and mess with snacks etc.

i am not saying snacks are bad, but i wouldnt do it if i had one snack machine, u need to buy in bulk to save and make better profit and in a small moving snack machine, you will have either spoilage or give away free snacks to ur family and friends.

LOL anyone who lends you the key to their machine is a total idiot

a crane national is a full size electronic machine. crane is one of the most reputable brands out there

If you have one snack machine your best bet would be to suppliment with 10 cameron honor boxes or 5 sheridan boxes, this should

give you enough volume to make up the difference until you get more machines out there

Crane Nationals are decent machines but if it is an older one, it will give you problems. Also the numbers on the account just don't look good. I would offer $800 if anything at all. Let us know...

Archived