I just bought 2 drink machines, Now I need a hand truck. I'm thinking a Wesco 230074, What do you use?

I brought my big heavy duty appliance dolly that I bought at Lowes. It looked like a little girls toy when the man I bought from said let's use my hand truck to move the machine. He got out his Wesco, and WOW. I think I'm going to find one. He moved the 700lb DN 368 by himself.

What do you think?

William

post-5258-0-28111100-1351603772_thumb.jpg

There's a recent post about the Dutro unit you might read. I priced these out awhile back and the Wesco is pricey.

Sbishop uses them - "Aye, but he's 10 feet tall and shoots lighting bolts ....." actually I think he said he was only 6'5", 350 lbs.

Are you up for that?

I brought my big heavy duty appliance dolly that I bought at Lowes. It looked like a little girls toy when the man I bought from said let's use my hand truck to move the machine. He got out his Wesco, and WOW. I think I'm going to find one. He moved the 700lb DN 368 by himself.

What do you think?

William

also a pointer for new drink venders.

make sure the machine is Empty when you move it.

the stock can add another 750 lbs to it.

learned this the hard way once. sort of a duh moment.

liquids are 10 lbs per gallon too.

What do you think?

William

There are a number of different types out there, they all work pretty good. My preference is one with the larger wheels on the front and smaller in the back, but either one will allow you to move a machine by yourself. I'm 5'8 and 160 and I can tip and move a machine by myself, just takes some practice to learn how to apply leverage at the right point.

There are a number of different types out there, they all work pretty good. My preference is one with the larger wheels on the front and smaller in the back, but either one will allow you to move a machine by yourself. I'm 5'8 and 160 and I can tip and move a machine by myself, just takes some practice to learn how to apply leverage at the right point.

can u elaborate a bit more on ur preference for the set up? does it give you more leverage ?

I'm 6' tall and weigh 210, height and weight has some advantage for these type of dollies. Back in the storage unit i took out a large rockola, DN 440, large old vendo chip machine, large old change machine made by rowe, with my new play toy! Easy to work with and have no trouble turning even with a heavy machine on it.

We use the Dutro Model 1888 for the bulk of our drink machine moves. NO straps around the machine. A bar goes across the top and holds the machine in place. 3 times faster than using the straps. Moved 5 Cold drink machines from our warehouse and loaded them on our truck in less than 45 minutes just yesterday. We also have the strap around model but do not use it . If you are not comfortable with this 1888 model then the strap around model is the one to get.

Archived