What machine is this?

Acc

That's a Royal GIII Intellivend 2000. I've got some 804's (the largest ones) but they come in three sizes. A lot of these were Coke 3rd party machines - rock solid but a little tricky to program. Often these machines have the original serial # plate on the lower left side removed as they usually said "property of Coca Cola". Make sure the machine is not still owned by Coke (local distributor) before buying

Ps. Check the BA and coin mech - I prefer the MEI VN 2511 with the TRC 6000 mechs - solid setup

I could not tell you the model by looking at it but coke uses a lot of Royals and that machine has round buttons which is almost always going to be a Royal. The rectangular flavor strips next to the round buttons are just displays, unlike vendos and DN's which have the flavor strip INSIDE the rectangular buttons.

I have full faith in moondog that he is right!

That's a Royal GIII Intellivend 2000.

Agreed, probably was a originally a bottler machine but Coke has sold off 10's of thousands of them over the years so it could be either a bottler machine that has gone missing or is a legit privately owned. In my area during that time frame Coke was equipping their machines with Coinco DBV and Mechs.

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked one of these up last Saturday... an 804. The guy I got it from said he didn't want it because a couple of the selections double vend. I'm hoping that it's something simple to fix...

Anyone know how similar these machines are to a Dixie Narco or Vendo, repair-wise? I've never worked on a Royal before...

Both the validator and the coin mech the guy kept.... So I need to get those too....

Donut,

Most of my soda machines are Royals - I have the GIII 804s and the Merlin IV 768s. These are great machines but you should learn how to program it before you put it on location - it's trickier than the Dixies and Vendos. There's one programming feature, "Step", which controls the number of items (1 or 2) that are vended in each column. That may have something to do with the double vend issue. This is basically a two deep machine but a couple of those columns may have been set to vend one deep.

These machines don't need any shims and I've vended everything up to 23oz cans in them. While you'll see people on this forum raving about how easy Dixie and Vendo parts are to get - with the Royals, you won't need any parts.

Thanks for the tip moondog about the step.... I was talking to a friend of mine who has 3 of the Royals.... he suggested that I get a manual on how to program it and study it for a long time before I put the machine out....

Go to the Royal website to download the manual. Don't just study it - plug it in and make sure you're comfortable with it before locating it. This is one of the biggest, most bullet proof machines out there but a lot of people can't get over the programming hurdle.

Make sure you understand the "space to sales" column formatting - this is a great feature which will allow you to vend Cokes out of more than one column. You'll notice that there are 12 columns but only 9 selections so 3 of the columns will need to be doubled up.

Go to the Royal website to download the manual. Don't just study it - plug it in and make sure you're comfortable with it before locating it. This is one of the biggest, most bullet proof machines out there but a lot of people can't get over the programming hurdle.

Make sure you understand the "space to sales" column formatting - this is a great feature which will allow you to vend Cokes out of more than one column. You'll notice that there are 12 columns but only 9 selections so 3 of the columns will need to be doubled up.

Yeah, great feature. Just make sure you assign all columns to one of the 9 selections and don't assign a column to multiple selections because the result will drive you totally crazy until you figure it out. :rolleyes:

Hey moondog....

Ps. Check the BA and coin mech - I prefer the MEI VN 2511 with the TRC 6000 mechs - solid setup

When you say TRC6000, do you mean any one of the 6000 series, or do you have a particular mech you are referring to? The reason I ask is that I am unsure which mech would be best.... I'd really like to have a mech that will give $1 coins for change (I plan on putting Rockstar along with regular cans of soda)...

Hey Donut

The Mei TRC 6000 coin mech only has three coin columns so it won't do the dollar coins. You'd need a four column mech to do that.

The dollar coins are not very popular with most people. Apparently there's a warehouse in Maryland the size of thirty football fields that's full of the dollar coins that all the banks sent back as no one wants them ( I can't even imagine what a building that big would look like ). The Mei VN2700 series with the bill stacker will accept bills up to $20 and give back $1 bills - but you're talking big bucks for that setup.

It may just be a regional thing but Monsters far outsell Rockstar where I'm at.

Given that the Mei VN2511 holds 100 quarters, I doubt that you'd have too much trouble with it. These mechs also accept quarters so customers using change would, at least partially, refill them for you between service stops.

Ps. The TRC 6000 is the 120v version - the 6000 series also includes lower voltage models.

Pps Did you ever figure out the BA30 issue?

I know the $1 coins aren't real popular (I hate them...) but I'm just figuring if I'm selling the rockstar at $2 each, I'm probably gonna get a good number of $5 bills....

I'm going with the rockstar because I have a distributor that delivers them to my residence... I may get the monsters too at some point, but i"m gonna see how this location will work with a multi-price (currently has a single price)...

Haven't worked on the BA30 much, due to my "real" job.... although I did put a working Mag50 in the machine i was doing all the testing with.... suddenly ran into the same issues.... So I'm starting to think it's something in the machine wiring, and not the DBV.... I'll keep you posted...

Hey Donut

The Mei TRC 6000 coin mech only has three coin columns so it won't do the dollar coins. You'd need a four column mech to do that.

The dollar coins are not very popular with most people. Apparently there's a warehouse in Maryland the size of thirty football fields that's full of the dollar coins that all the banks sent back as no one wants them ( I can't even imagine what a building that big would look like ). The Mei VN2700 series with the bill stacker will accept bills up to $20 and give back $1 bills - but you're talking big bucks for that setup.

It may just be a regional thing but Monsters far outsell Rockstar where I'm at.

Given that the Mei VN2511 holds 100 quarters, I doubt that you'd have too much trouble with it. These mechs also accept quarters so customers using change would, at least partially, refill them for you between service stops.

Ps. The TRC 6000 is the 120v version - the 6000 series also includes lower voltage models.

Pps Did you ever figure out the BA30 issue?

i used to get tons of them in my honor boxes in this one particular area and for a long time i could not figure out why then i realized its because the post office was across the street and i guess people ended up with those dollar coins from the post office

Donut,

If you'd tell us what type of machine you're trying to fix, maybe somebody here could narrow it down for you (Walta or Repairman come to mind)

Its a Dixie Narco 368... I think I'm going to try to hook this stuff up in another machine I have in the garage (a Vendo 407) and see if I still have the same problems....

Weird thing is that about 2 months ago, I had this thing working in my driveway and had it going during a garage sale I was having.... Seemed to be working fine then..

Its a Dixie Narco 368... I think I'm going to try to hook this stuff up in another machine I have in the garage (a Vendo 407) and see if I still have the same problems....

Weird thing is that about 2 months ago, I had this thing working in my driveway and had it going during a garage sale I was having.... Seemed to be working fine then..

Just to help out with identifying the brand of a machine if its Coca Cola branded, all you have to do is look at the coin insert slot. If its | = Royal, / = Vendo, and -- = Dixie Narco. You can tell that this machine has a -- coin slot so its a Dixie Narco.

Archived