lost a 501 off the truck

Repairman

Ever happen to you. I lost a DN 501e off the tailgate 0n the ground. Back of Truck was on a downward incline. My son and I used the lift gate got under it and was able to get it up past the fulcrom point and sit it back up. I have been doing this a long time. Always be careful and if one tries to get away just let it go. Not worth getting hurt or killed over.

I lost one off a lift gate, It was a rental truck when you pressed down it dropped like a stone that scared the operator who let off the down button. When that gate started down it took the weight off the truck it sprung up when the gate stopped suddenly all the weight came back on the truck and it squatted down and flipped that machine off the lift gate just like it was a diving board.

Now I always test every lift gate before I operate it with a load.

Had you removed every single can of soda from the machine before you tried to move the machine?

When the soda is in the machine it raises the center of gravity. Then if a few can inside move your load has shifted. Both are deadly when moving equipment.

Glad to hear no one got hurt.

Walta

Walta, it was empty. Just last week my partner was trying to load up a DN368 on the back of a U haul trailer. He was pushing it up the ramp and the man on the other end slipped and landed on his back with the machine on top of him. It hit his re-built knee and bounced up. . My partner was able to lift it up enough so the man could wiggle out from under it. He was not hurt seriously. 7 years ago I had a machine slip off a pallet jack and land on my little finger smashing it against the wall .I needed 13 stitches. IT Popped the finger like an over cooked sausage. Guys we just need to be careful. This stuff can and is dangerous to move.

Ever happen to you. I lost a DN 501e off the tailgate 0n the ground. Back of Truck was on a downward incline. My son and I used the lift gate got under it and was able to get it up past the fulcrom point and sit it back up. I have been doing this a long time. Always be careful and if one tries to get away just let it go. Not worth getting hurt or killed over.

Been there done that. Also had flip over the side of the truck when the straps popped loose during a turn. Not only was the machine trashed but it did a good number on the side of the truck.

I have a Power Mate that lifts the machine up onto the tailgate. To avoid having the machine flip backwards, I wrap a tow strap around the top of the machine and attach it to a "come-along" attached to the front tie-downs on the bed rails. This would probably work with a lift gate as well. It takes a few extra minutes to set up but it's fool proof.

The first time I used the Power Mate, the machine nearly flipped over backward - it was all I could do to rein the whole load in.

That is the thing I'm afraid of losing control of these big machines. I have a hard head and think I can do just about anything by myself, until i started playing around with drink machines, now I make sure I have at least my younger brother or some one lined up to help me. At least i bought the proper tool to move them, and put at least two or three straps to hold them in place on back of my utility trailer.

That is the thing I'm afraid of losing control of these big machines. I have a hard head and think I can do just about anything by myself, until i started playing around with drink machines, now I make sure I have at least my younger brother or some one lined up to help me. At least i bought the proper tool to move them, and put at least two or three straps to hold them in place on back of my utility trailer.

It helps to move with the same helper so you can learn to work together and knowing what the other person will do. If you do use someone new take a few minutes to discuss and choreograph your moves before doing it because once you lose control of the machine its too late and something is going to get broken or someone hurt.

globstar

Try to find a pro mover at least for the soda machines - this is tricky stuff and you don't want to look like a buffoon on one of your accounts. I will often move snack machines by myself - the secret to this is to remove the trays first - each one weighs about 30 lbs x 6 really takes some weight off

globstar

Try to find a pro mover at least for the soda machines - this is tricky stuff and you don't want to look like a buffoon on one of your accounts. I will often move snack machines by myself - the secret to this is to remove the trays first - each one weighs about 30 lbs x 6 really takes some weight off

I learned that real fast to remove the trays! Makes the move easier, especially with a heavy snack machine. I also take out the coin mech. and wait till I'm there to load it with change.

I have taught pro movers a thing or two about moving these machines. The last 2 pro movers I ran across had no clue as to how to handle these things. Pray tell if they had to move them through small doors or over newly laid flooring.

I tried moving a DN368 machine off a trailer by myself once... No dolly, no nothing.... Figured I could handle it, since it was a low trailer about 12" off the ground. Dropped it off the trailer, almost got squished..... Never again....

Archived