outdoor

TKK

So I have some machines outside. Most are under a breezeway or outdoor roof. I was wondering if anyonehas a snack machine outdoors? The location I want to try has an outdoor roof about 20 feet porch so I don't think direct sunlight would hit. I don't sell chocolates. What do u guys think?

Reading about snack machines over the last few weeks, I seem to recall most of the suppliers say their machines are definitely not intended for outdoor use. This is not to say they wouldn't work outdoors, they may, but it probably depends on the (potentially extreme) temperatures and humidity levels at your locations, and how these variables would affect the machines.

If it were me, I probably wouldn't be comfortable with my machines sitting outside.

So I have some machines outside. Most are under a breezeway or outdoor roof. I was wondering if anyonehas a snack machine outdoors? The location I want to try has an outdoor roof about 20 feet porch so I don't think direct sunlight would hit. I don't sell chocolates. What do u guys think?

I think in your situation with your machine being under a roof & out of direct sunlight you wouldn't need to worry too much about the machine not being rated for outdoor use.

In situations where machine are exposed to rain & sun is where you would need outdoor rated equipment. The only machines I can think of that are rated for outdoor use are the AMS Outsider & the USI ST5000 Outdoor.

With snack machines like all electrical equiptment, rain is the main issue. Most snack machines are not sealed properly to prevent water from leaking in. With a wide overhang you're physically okay but the machine still is not listed for that location which could present a liability issue.

With snack machines like all electrical equiptment, rain is the main issue. Most snack machines are not sealed properly to prevent water from leaking in. With a wide overhang you're physically okay but the machine still is not listed for that location which could present a liability issue.

It's not just rain, its days with high humidity and temp changes that causes condensation all over the machine. If the machine is not outdoor rated and someone gets electrocuted you are going to have some major problems.

It's not just rain, its days with high humidity and temp changes that causes condensation all over the machine. If the machine is not outdoor rated and someone gets electrocuted you are going to have some major problems.

Humidity - what's that? ;D

Humidity is the thing you're concerned about when you are storing the cigars you smoke while you think to yourself, "I'm making money with my vending machines while I'm just sitting here...."

Humidity is the thing you're concerned about when you are storing the cigars you smoke while you think to yourself, "I'm making money with my vending machines while I'm just sitting here...."

The only time we get humidity around here is when it rains - as for sitting around, I just picked up twelve more machines on great locations. Good equipment but the last owner really slacked off on the maintenance so I haven't had much time to smoke or think lately

Archived