Picking up a soda machine tomorrow

ruff84

Going to pick up my 2nd machine tomorrow, It's a royal G 3 12 Selection. It's about 100 miles from me and myself and my brother in law are going to get it needs the coin mech cleaned but for about $400 i can't complain. We have a truck with a lift gate, what else should i bring?

I have the option of renting a full size pallet jack, a piano dolly, or a heavy duty dolly(climbs stairs, but i don't think it has the kick out wheels)

Which is going to be the easiest to move this monster around.

Also tips for getting it through a door (actually 3 doors) at it's new location about 34 inches wide?

The machine specs are 37 inches wide and 33.5 inches deep. I definately don't want to be scraping walls in my new account.

Also are these decent machines? So far i haven't seen many complaints.

post-4755-0-33518000-1362172872_thumb.jpg

Also he can't find the key, so how can i check if it's cooling properly and everything works?

He said it does but don't really want to take his word for it.

Coke doesnt know where half of their machines are in the first place and it doesnt specifically have to be Cokes machine it could be anyones. Would you purchase a car from someone that didnt have a key to the car? I would hope not. You need a key to inspect the machine and its components. Tell him to find the key, get a key made or drill out the lock .

Going to pick up my 2nd machine tomorrow, It's a royal G 3 12 Selection. It's about 100 miles from me and myself and my brother in law are going to get it needs the coin mech cleaned but for about $400 i can't complain. We have a truck with a lift gate, what else should i bring?

I have the option of renting a full size pallet jack, a piano dolly, or a heavy duty dolly(climbs stairs, but i don't think it has the kick out wheels)

Also tips for getting it through a door (actually 3 doors) at it's new location about 34 inches wide?

The machine specs are 37 inches wide and 33.5 inches deep. I definately don't want to be scraping walls in my new account.

By the sounds of the other dimensions you gave & by the looks of the photo you posted it looks to me like a 804 model. One thing you may want to consider depending on which method you are going to use to move the machine is its height. The 804 is 79.5 inches in height which may cause you problem getting under doorways if you are using a pallet truck

Does the lift truck you are using have a box body?

If so make sure there is enough clearance between the top of the tail gate (lift gate) and the top of the box body so you can roll it onto the truck. If you are going to have problems with height clearance you may want to using a lifter where you are able to tilt the machine back.

Ruff,

I absolutely love my GIIIs - they hold 804 cans and are rock solid. The only complaint with this machine is the chain drive system that replaces the individual vend motors, but I've been running some of mine for 3 years with no problems. These machines will vend anything with no shims but you should down load the manual from the service section of the Royal website as you''ll need to know how to program it. The machine offers 9 selections across 12 columns so 3 of the columns get doubled up so you get twice the capacity for your most popular items (space to sales)

It's good you've got 2 of you to move this monster. To go through doors, normally you open the door of the machine and swing it through. You should get an appliance hand truck to heft this sucker - I know you can rent them at U haul.

Nice price

Actually, now that I look at the picture, it might be a 660 - a little smaller but all of the above remains the same except this one doesn't use "space to sales" I have one that looks just like your picture - some people call it the "wave" because of the front shape.

I am fairly certain its the 660, i have been reading everything i can and they look like very solid machines. I need it ready by Wednesday so i am hoping for no real hiccups, because i don't my first real account waiting on equipment.

I am fairly certain its the 660, i have been reading everything i can and they look like very solid machines. I need it ready by Wednesday so i am hoping for no real hiccups, because i don't my first real account waiting on equipment.

It could well be a 660.. it just looks a lot taller than pepsi machine beside it in the photo which is why I thought it was a 804 model.

Where can I buy the drink labels for these machines?

Also what kind of bv and coin mech?

I am assuming its a mars like normal?

Oops. I have found labels on EBay. In the meantime, you can use your own label maker. They look much better than hand written labels.

Oops. I have found labels on EBay. In the meantime, you can use your own label maker. They look much better than hand written labels.

Yep,

I make my own - download the image and print. I just made some last night for my 660 which is replacing another machine next week as the customer wants 12 selections - this is one of the few models I've seen with this option.

Ps. I currently have a MEi 2500 series BA and a Conlux 5 coin mech in mine.

Just to update this thread.

I ended up using an appliance dolly with the kick out wheels, and my father in laws truck with a large lift gate. Myself and my brother in law went and picked it up with no real issues. Rented the dolly for $30.00 for 2 days at a rental place down the street from me.

The fear of lugging these big machines is gone now. After i get it set up in the new account i will be saving the profits to buy another.

Word to the wise... ( i got this advice but didn't heed it) Buy the machine first take it home work it till you know the ins and outs and make sure everything works like it should before finding a location for it.

I did the opposite and am now sending parts out to get fixed or cleaned and refurbed with my location waiting for me. Definately a good learning experience.

Archived