Dixie Narco machines - good price?

dapoopta

I found a machine that I BELIEVE is fairly priced.

It is $450. I attached a picture of it. What do you cats think?

dixie narco

I am looking for mainly this machine type so I will be posting a few for you good ol timers to help me out with. THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE THAT HAS RESPONDED TO MY QUESTIONS. I understand the frustration with new people and it is challenging at times :-P

I am looking for mainly this machine type so I will be posting a few for you good ol timers to help me out with. THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE THAT HAS RESPONDED TO MY QUESTIONS. I understand the frustration with new people and it is challenging at times :-P

Don't worry about asking too many questions, we've all been there before and we should have asked more questions when we started.

This machine is ideal for you to start with. It is a Dixie Narco single price and is a workhorse. It has the most available parts with factory support behind it. DN built single price machines from the 70's up to, well maybe even now. Most of their new stuff is multiprice, but even at that they are still the sturdiest machines made. You will find more DN machines than anything else and if DN was all you ran on your route you couldn't go wrong.

The machine looks like it's in good shape though I can only see the sign and edge of the door. The validator looks like an Ardac black metal validator which, when working is good to keep, but if not working well it would need to be upgraded to something more current.

The price of $450 is good depending on condition. If you want to buy it, make sure the seller has is running overnight so you can see that it is cooling. Check the paint and vinyl condition, sign lights, and see if you can tell us the model number of coin mech and bill validator. If all checks out this price is not bad at all.

If it was me I'd be looking for the machines that have the single row of smaller buttons so I could keep all my machines the same.Its a lot easier to keep track of the flavor labels if they are all the same size.They're called magnum buttons.

John

I've got a machine very similar to that. Like has already been stated, it's a single price can machine. Dixie Narco is a great brand and the single price machine is a good starting point. Everything is pretty straight forward with no frills. All of my machines are DN so far. I've had good luck with them and like mentioned they are plentiful and so are parts. You can update the signs for cheap if they're cracked or scratched up. The main thing is to make sure everything works as it should. If all appears to be functioning as it should, go for it. Good luck!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

We all tend to harp on multipriced machines (myself included ) but for most of us that sell predominantly cans, the 12 oz size at 75 cents makes up 95% of our sales.

As has been stated, it's a good starting point and can be a good niche. I was talking to a guy last week that had about 50 single price machines located (no snacks) that he paid around $400 each for. He services them once a month and each one averages $200 gross which works out to $5,000 a month profit for one weeks work - not bad.

DN can machines are great workhorses you carnt go wrong, although the one pictured is a real oldie. Moondog if i could locate them just having drink only machines in ones fleet would be a nice easy way to be in vending, far better and less complicated than adding snacks and chocolates and all the other inventory one needs to carry.

DN can machines are great workhorses you carnt go wrong, although the one pictured is a real oldie. Moondog if i could locate them just having drink only machines in ones fleet would be a nice easy way to be in vending, far better and less complicated than adding snacks and chocolates and all the other inventory one needs to carry.

Amen Ron,

I haven't figured it out either. You would never get a big account but your life would sure be simpler.

Archived