Best options for a two crane setup

Big Mike

I'm tired of arguing with myself so Ill ask you. I have a crane in a Chinese buffet all the other equipment belongs to other operators. He has been after me for another crane. Those of you that do have two cranes in a location what seems to work best? I keep thinking bling crane but I don't really need the hassle of learning to operate them right now. Is a puffer ball or 5" basketball crane a good option? Adding the 2nd crane will give me the location exclusivity so I think even if I don't seen a big increase in crane sales it will be worth it.

Mike

Depends how far away it is. If its really close where you go by pretty often, play to win knobby balls are good. Far away I would try 5" micro basketballs, use same setting as for jumbo plush to start and tweek to get the ratio right. MP3s are good too, not that hard to set up really but you should be able to get by every other week or so.

The nice thing about the micro basketballs is that during holidays you put holiday plush in and only use the balls after Easter until Sept 1 (holloween) keeps the balls form getting stale.

Anyone tested a candy crane in a buffet (next to their plush crane)? I see some awfully wide folks going into the ones we service, but don't know if they are wide enough to have room for candy after vacuuming the buffet for an hour...

I have a few candy cranes next to plush etc my experience would be a ratio like Plush 4, Balls 2, candy 1. But a candy crane is pretty simple to operate and you can do like I do and add 2" caps to get rid of junk. This is why I wonder if you might be better off to get a small used crane instead of a chicken machine sometimes, more versitile.

No .50 we make 3.00 or so a ball

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I just wondered. I cant imagine a claw not picking up a ball even with very weak settings. Do you just rely on people not hitting the mark or will the claw actually drop a ball?

MIke

I just wondered. I cant imagine a claw not picking up a ball even with very weak settings. Do you just rely on people not hitting the mark or will the claw actually drop a ball?

MIke

Yeah it can be setup to drop then. Sometimes it will bounce into the prize hole but generally it works correctly.

2 crane setup?

Well what I would do honestly is

1 gravel mp3-4 crane $1.00 per play. must have a good DBA! bright gravel with the mp3-4 players and maybe some gift cards

2 Plush mix with licensed plush 30% for a 2 months

then I would switch it out to $1.00 per play.. Play till you win 5 inch knobby's for 2 months

Then back to plush...

change up is good

MIke

we use auto percentage cranes so its just like with plush. It will pick up but weaken up and drop it unless its time for a winner. But some times it will bounce to the hole anyway, But hey balls are .40 cent

• 4 weeks later...

I have a location where the owner is tired of his customers losing all the time with someone else gravel crane. He also has two 10-way racks and wants to thin the herd. I thought about putting in a double crane with plush on one side and if you lose, you get to play the candy claw for a sure win.

Does anyone have any experience with the Double Play by Coastal Amusements? It looks like to would fulfill our needs.

I have several Double up but they are feloli from smart

they are a great workhorse and allow me to get rid of extra 2 inch capsule losers I could not normally

get rid of... like bok chok.... I carly stickers... urbanzees... etc..

then I switch to candy on that side once in a while when I don't have spare junk capsules

I have had bad luck in the past with coastal products in the past so I am biased on their equipment..

but I do love the double crane setups its like 2 cranes in 1 if you get tired of

the second claw you can disable and remove..

or 10 years later and something breaks its like having a spare gantry + claw.

bill

I have a location where the owner is tired of his customers losing all the time with someone else gravel crane. He also has two 10-way racks and wants to thin the herd. I thought about putting in a double crane with plush on one side and if you lose, you get to play the candy claw for a sure win.

Does anyone have any experience with the Double Play by Coastal Amusements? It looks like to would fulfill our needs.

They are good units works great at 1.00 play. I just wish they had the 3 finger claw like smart

Archived