massalonvending

Where do you buy candy   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you buy candy

• SAMs, Costco, etc
    • Gum balls.com, etc
    • Directly from the company
    • Other (Please tell me)

I get gumballs from PJP (a restaurant supply chain in Pennsylvania), and the Skittles from Walmart. I used to get them from BJs, but the annual fee plus the gas I was spending just to get to the store was way more than what I was saving. There a shopping district in my city where the Walmart is across the street from the PJP.

Just a heads up, you can order candy that sams doesn't have on the shelves. You have to order it at the service desk, and have it shipped to the store, but you don't pay shipping then. You have to pay for the order up front, but other than that, it's a great service. You can order the items online and have them shipped to your location, but it can get expensive paying for each case.

I buy my product through a health food store, I tack my order onto their much larger order getting all of us a lower per unit cost :)

Actually, that's super smart. I have an aunt who owns a grocery store, looks like we're about to catch up :)

Just a heads up, you can order candy that sams doesn't have on the shelves. You have to order it at the service desk, and have it shipped to the store, but you don't pay shipping then. You have to pay for the order up front, but other than that, it's a great service. You can order the items online and have them shipped to your location, but it can get expensive paying for each case.

You can order anything, or just anything on the site?

America's Premier Vending Supply. Here is a link to a website that I get my candy from... PMM cheaper than sam's by the bulk case though (not bagged), Runts about $5 cheaper than quill (no free shipping though) and Sprees SOOO much cheaper than anywhere I can ever find them. Just buy all you need at once to save the shipping charges and note you cannot buy online, you have to call them and pay over phone with a cc.

http://www.csi-net.n..._Candy__Gx.html

America's Premier Vending Supply. Here is a link to a website that I get my candy from... PMM cheaper than sam's by the bulk case though (not bagged), Runts about $5 cheaper than quill (no free shipping though) and Sprees SOOO much cheaper than anywhere I can ever find them. Just buy all you need at once to save the shipping charges and note you cannot buy online, you have to call them and pay over phone with a cc.

http://www.csi-net.n..._Candy__Gx.html

Not bad pricing on those m&m's.

The runts however you are better off getting through Quill if you are buying more than one box at a time.

With the coupon codes Quill runs every month and the free shipping, their price is cheaper than through your link.

Thanks for the link!

• 4 weeks later...

I visited Sam's yesterday ready to pay for a business membership. After speaking to the service desk about purchasing gum/candies I decided to hold off. They are telling me that the 850ct and candies (runts, pucker up, cry baby tears, etc) are on line only meaning I order and it ships direct to me. I was hoping to have shipped to the store and pick up avoiding any shipping cost. Did I misunderstand a previous post? The lady showed that if I ordered 12 cases of 850ct gumballs the shipping would be $5 -$6 total. That doesn't sound right either!

I have several Sam's near me and I have noticed they are all letting the gumballs sell out, only a few boxes. They all are out of Mike & Ike's and Boston Baked Beans. I have started to order the Mike & Ike's from Quill with free shipping. Cheaper than Sam's, just wait until they have a coupon. I really don't care about the Boston Baked Beans, I only have one location that does good with them. Looking for a good source for Gumballs right now. I have heard about placing an order with Sams at the Customer Service Desk for free shipping but I haven't tried it yet. I would also like to hear from somebody that knows a little about this. I am going to Sam's this morning so I may ask.

I talked to my local Sam's today about ordering online items and pre-paying and having it shipped to the store for free shipping.  He told me that they do charge you shipping to the store and it will take months to get your order, He said they recommend you order and have it shipped to your house and pay the shipping. Not what I wanted to hear.

Thats a bunch of malarkey.  hahahaha.  Haven't heard anyone say that in a while.  Whoever you talked to is too lazy to get on their computer or doesn't know how to process the order.  They DON'T charge you shipping to the store, because they send it with the pallets that go to the store already.  I'm going to run by my Sam's club here and pick up some of the brochures they have and inquire why some stores aren't allowing people to order bulk this way.  I'll let you know what I find out.  Good luck.

Brad in Fairview Heights, IL

Archived