thoughts on Bill validator Pre-saturated cleaning cards

I am very into preventative maintenance and want to make sure I do everything I can to make sure my machines are well-maintained and kept. I see a lot of issues with bill validators and saw that there are cards you can use to run through the machine to keep it clean.

My question is this... Are they worth it? are other products used? what is the frequency of cleaning bill validators. thanks for the help.

-John

If you have plastic bill validators that allow you to disassemble the validator down to expose the entire bill path, then you don't need the cleaning cards.  In a plastic validator, you can use a dry cloth to keep the sensors clean and that's generally all you need to do.  In the older metal validators that don't allow access to the bill path, you can use the cleaning card.  The card is primarily for belts, which in my opinion, don't need to be cleaned.  The card may also drag across and clean the mag head in the older validators that you can't clean yourself.  In my 16+ years of vending I never used cleaning cards - and I had high volume accounts.  I view them as a kind of panacea for fearful vendors that the the cleaning card people market to.

useless

I concur - I've still got about ten of them sitting my van from that original twelve pack.  I should have tossed them out long ago.

They're good on the Rowe changer transports as a follow up to the adhesive pressure roller cards. I hold the card in so the rollers and belts actually get cleaned.

For any recent DBA, especially the mars, total waste of money.

Archived