Going rate for a National 4 Wide w/ Validator?

That is an AP 112 snack with an older Mars VFM validator in it.  It also looks like it only has one 8 selection candy shelf.  The price seems good if the cabinet is in good shape and considering that you will need to upgrade the validator. 

Machine is 5-6 years old.  Owner didn't have model number handy.

Does $350 - $400 seem high or low?

Yep,

It's an AP - much better in my mind than a National.  The VFM validator should changed for a VN2511 and I think that this machine is a bit older than he says.  A very good deal if the board and display work - everything else is fairly reasonable to replace.

Beejay,

The machine is likely to be about 15 yrs old but is still a very reliable machine.  The VFM validator is very old and Mars no longer makes new parts for them, so quite often used hard parts have to be used, though new belts are still in production.  It is old technology with no access to the bill path like the newer validators have.  If it is working well then you should run it until it starts to give you trouble, then it can be replaced with a Mars 2511 or a Coinco BA30SA.  I have these in stock if you are in need of a new rebuilt unit.

I just sold 10 AP 112 for $400.00 a piece. They were equipped with Mars changers and Mar 2500 series validators. As far as An AP being better than a Crane National I  find that they both where good pieces of equipment  and worked quite well in the field. Still have quite a few of both of them out.

The AP110 series (111,112,113,114 and 115) were built between 1991 and 1999 so it could be 20 years old. If I was still a operator and needed a solid reliable snack machine I would pick it up for that price.

I just sold 10 AP 112 for $400.00 a piece. They were equipped with Mars changers and Mar 2500 series validators. As far as An AP being better than a Crane National I  find that they both where good pieces of equipment  and worked quite well in the field. Still have quite a few of both of them out.

Aargh!

Don't remind me - I tried to PM you on those along with all that other stuff you had that I could have used.  I've got family around Arkadelphia so I'm sure I could have figured something out as far as shipping/storing them.

To be fair, I jumped off the National band wagon after my go rounds with the 145 and 147 models so maybe their newer stuff is better.

Archived