RVV500 problems

I'm having some issues with my Vision Vendor not vending in one column (cell).  It seems like several of the product pushers are weak and one just won't push the product out anymore.

This machine was located when I got it so I haven't had a chance to really dig into it like I would if I had it in my shop.  I've checked the manual and it doesn't really address this problem.

It seems like the product pusher is spring loaded but like I say, several of them seem too weak to push the products forward properly.  Is there a replacement spring for this or do I have to replace the entire cell.

I'm hoping to get a plan of attack here before I tear this thing apart onsite.

Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First is the bucket stopping in the correct spot to turn the screw that pulls the product into the cup?

“Hint check for lose set screw on left/ right motor I spent hours finding that one”

Next there are 2 motors in the cup one to turn the screw and another to extend and retract the drive coupling.

I should be working on one now but here I sit.

Walta

First is the bucket stopping in the correct spot to turn the screw that pulls the product into the cup?

“Hint check for lose set screw on left/ right motor I spent hours finding that one”

Next there are 2 motors in the cup one to turn the screw and another to extend and retract the drive coupling.

I should be working on one now but here I sit.

Walta

The bucket is stopping in the right place and the machine tries 2 extra times (as per the manual ) to vend the product, in this case a can.  The can only gets halfway through the gates - it's like whatever is powering that pusher plate is losing it's muscle.  I'd like to know what mechanism moves that pusher plate before I have to take the thing apart onsite.

With out trying to be a smartaZZ!  Like the lil woman told me and I'm quoting her.

The thing that pushes the whayoumacallit that turns the little do hicky don't work!

All I could do was beat my head against the wall and groan!

mike 

With out trying to be a smartaZZ!  Like the lil woman told me and I'm quoting her.

The thing that pushes the whayoumacallit that turns the little do hicky don't work!

All I could do was beat my head against the wall and groan!

mike 

That would be my assessment.

You see what happens when you buy the new fangled stuff - nobody knows how to fix it yet.  Probably serves me right for getting all "uppity"

Ps. I wonder if AZ's got any do hickeys in stock

Moondog,

I hadn't responded because I thought Walta had you taken care of.  Is this a RVV NG machine or a RVV GEN II machine? What is the serial number?

At the very least, if this problem is all on one shelf, check to see if the shelf is properly seated and the rollers aren't binding up causing mis-alignment with the cup.  Also then check that all the cells are clean without syrup spilled in them or on the screws that move the pushers.  Syrup will bind up the screws. There are no springs on the pushers, they are moved by the screw shaft below the cell floor that is turned by a drive motor in the cup.  The cup has a plunger that extends to the screw to engage it, then turns the screw, drawing the product into the cup.  When the product breaks the IR beam in the cup the vend stops and the product is delivered.

Moondog,

I hadn't responded because I thought Walta had you taken care of.  Is this a RVV NG machine or a RVV GEN II machine? What is the serial number?

At the very least, if this problem is all on one shelf, check to see if the shelf is properly seated and the rollers aren't binding up causing mis-alignment with the cup.  Also then check that all the cells are clean without syrup spilled in them or on the screws that move the pushers.  Syrup will bind up the screws. There are no springs on the pushers, they are moved by the screw shaft below the cell floor that is turned by a drive motor in the cup.  The cup has a plunger that extends to the screw to engage it, then turns the screw, drawing the product into the cup.  When the product breaks the IR beam in the cup the vend stops and the product is delivered.

I believe it's the NG model as that manual most correctly applies to my machine (I'll check to serial number next week).  At the moment this problem is only happening on cell 54 and everything seems to working properly except the cans are not being pushed forward far enough to clear the gates.

There's a definite tension in each cell - if you short load a column, the product pusher will spring forward to take up any slack - except on 54.  I've noticed a few more that seem to be getting this way as well.  There's no picture in the manual that shows what is exactly in those cells - I can see the screw drive but it seems to me like it's spring loaded.

No spring in the parts list.

I have not had the shelf apart.

When I took a class on the NG I think we had a shelf out.

Since it is only one selection it is likely just a leaker gummed up that one.

Walta

Walta

I'll be out there tomorrow morning so I'll open up that side of the cell, or maybe the whole thing depending on how it comes apart.  Just can't figure out what provides the tension behind the pusher plate. When the column is empty the plate is all the way up front and you have to push it back to load it.  I wish the manual had an exploded view.

That would be my assessment.

You see what happens when you buy the new fangled stuff - nobody knows how to fix it yet. Probably serves me right for getting all "uppity"

Ps. I wonder if AZ's got any do hickeys in stock

Shoulda bought a Bevmax. Sorry couldn't resist.

:-P

Shoulda bought a Bevmax. Sorry couldn't resist.

:-P

I've been reading through the manual for the last hour and I'm leaning toward the stackers from here on out.  This thing has about two hundred things that could be wrong with it - I'm thinking it was designed by Dr. Death

I've been reading through the manual for the last hour and I'm leaning toward the stackers from here on out.  This thing has about two hundred things that could be wrong with it - I'm thinking it was designed by Dr. Death

I hate glassfronts. Sorry, but I just don't think they're worth the extra time and effort.

Stack vendors do FIFO without extra work. Even the best designed glassfront, the BevMax, the guy filling the machine has to eject existing stock, put new stuff in, and put the old stuff back in. And chances are, if you hire someone, they'll take the easy way out and not do it. The Royal Vision Vendors are supposed to let you load by taking the tray out, but it's a pain to put the track back in after filling it full of drinks.

I like filling full cases only (or only bring back one or two bottles) for stack machines.

- Jason

I hate glassfronts. Sorry, but I just don't think they're worth the extra time and effort.

Stack vendors do FIFO without extra work. Even the best designed glassfront, the BevMax, the guy filling the machine has to eject existing stock, put new stuff in, and put the old stuff back in. And chances are, if you hire someone, they'll take the easy way out and not do it. The Royal Vision Vendors are supposed to let you load by taking the tray out, but it's a pain to put the track back in after filling it full of drinks.

I like filling full cases only (or only bring back one or two bottles) for stack machines.

- Jason

So true

Moondog,

Walta

Here's the info I got this morning.  RVRVV-500-40,  Serial # 200548PA00024.  I saw nothing that indicated NG or Gen II but my machine matches the one on the NG manual exactly.

I tested all 40 columns and three are not vending (all on different trays),  In each case the cans would only make it halfway through the gates.  The gates themselves, did not seem any stiffer than the other gates.  There is no obvious build up leaky sodas etc. in these columns.

Each cell (pair of columns) has three screws spaced down the right side of the right column.  I checked the tray from underneath and that's the only visible means of attachment.  I loosened the screws and attempted to lift the top of the columns out but no luck.  I didn't want to muscle it as the object here is to fix the machine, not break it.

From what I've read in the manual and my observations, this system seems similar to a gum tray where the pusher plate is spring loaded just enough to push the products up to the gate without pushing it through.  The pusher motor on the vend cup then engages the plunger/screw drive and powers the product through the gates. The cup has a pair of sensors that tell it when the can is loaded and it continues the vend process.

I'm trying not to think too much outside the box here,  but I'd really like to see what's inside these trays.

Any ideas?

Moondog,

I tried to add you to that previous post be couldn't get it to work.

Here's the info I got this morning.  RVRVV-500-40,  Serial # 200548PA00024.  I saw nothing that indicated NG or Gen II but my machine matches the one on the NG manual exactly.

I tested all 40 columns and three are not vending (all on different trays),  In each case the cans would only make it halfway through the gates.  The gates themselves, did not seem any stiffer than the other gates.  There is no obvious build up leaky sodas etc. in these columns.

Each cell (pair of columns) has three screws spaced down the right side of the right column.  I checked the tray from underneath and that's the only visible means of attachment.  I loosened the screws and attempted to lift the top of the columns out but no luck.  I didn't want to muscle it as the object here is to fix the machine, not break it.

From what I've read in the manual and my observations, this system seems similar to a gum tray where the pusher plate is spring loaded just enough to push the products up to the gate without pushing it through.  The pusher motor on the vend cup then engages the plunger/screw drive and powers the product through the gates. The cup has a pair of sensors that tell it when the can is loaded and it continues the vend process.

I'm trying not to think too much outside the box here,  but I'd really like to see what's inside these trays.

Any ideas?

First I am not sure if we are dealing with a gen 1 or gen 2 machine

The X motor moves the cup left and right.

Is your X motor on the carriage that moves up and down like photo D3 or is the X motor mounted next to the Y motor on the door like photo D1

post-4302-0-39530700-1370560284_thumb.jpg

post-4302-0-56594500-1370560291_thumb.jpg

After reading the manual your machine was made in 2005 in week 48. That makes it a NG model.

Like photo D3

1 Start by tightening the set screw in the motor pulley number 15 in d3 photo. Did the screw move yes or no.

2 Remove fuse lower left corner of the door.

3 move carriage up and down left and right it should move smoothly with little resistance. Yes or no. (I have had to replace bad motors that did not turn easily)

4 Lift the carriage to ¼ inch from the top clamp the Y or U/D belt with spring type paper clip.  Move the X or L/R belt to the far left is the gap still ¼ inch now to the far right is the gap still ¼ inch. Is the gap the same yes or no

5 Remove clip lower carriage reinstall fuse.

Please reply with the yes / no answers 1,3 and 4

Walta

After reading the manual your machine was made in 2005 in week 48. That makes it a NG model.

Like photo D3

1 Start by tightening the set screw in the motor pulley number 15 in d3 photo. Did the screw move yes or no.

2 Remove fuse lower left corner of the door.

3 move carriage up and down left and right it should move smoothly with little resistance. Yes or no. (I have had to replace bad motors that did not turn easily)

4 Lift the carriage to ¼ inch from the top clamp the Y or U/D belt with spring type paper clip.  Move the X or L/R belt to the far left is the gap still ¼ inch now to the far right is the gap still ¼ inch. Is the gap the same yes or no

5 Remove clip lower carriage reinstall fuse.

Please reply with the yes / no answers 1,3 and 4

Walta

Thanks Walt,

I'll print this out and check it early next week.  This machines about 40 miles from here and I have it all working right now except for the three columns.

This seems to have more to do with the X - Y axis positioning of the cup so I am curious here but I'll run those tests and let you know.

Right now the cup is aligning properly on all columns and is engaging the plunger/screw drive even on the three columns that won't vend properly - am I missing something here?

Thanks for your help and I'll get back to you.  I don't doubt that I'll have some parts that need replacing as this machine has been in service over 7 years.

Older machines like yours had a one piece harness from point A in my photo all the way to the logic board.

If you do not have the connector B in my photo you have the one piece harness.

I had lots of trouble with the one piece harnesses. I would wiggle the wires where connector B should be and it would work for a few days around. I found it impossible to make good diagnoses and go with my gut and change the 350.00 part.

I have changed 4 of them most of them the parts were under warrantee. But the symptoms were similar to yours.

Walta

post-4302-0-39524100-1370567736_thumb.jpg

Older machines like yours had a one piece harness from point A in my photo all the way to the logic board.

If you do not have the connector B in my photo you have the one piece harness.

I had lots of trouble with the one piece harnesses. I would wiggle the wires where connector B should be and it would work for a few days around. I found it impossible to make good diagnoses and go with my gut and change the 350.00 part.

I have changed 4 of them most of them the parts were under warrantee. But the symptoms were similar to yours.

Walta

That makes sense - it's not so much that the cup is landing in the wrong spot, but board under the cup is not getting a good connection due to a faulty harness.  That's an expensive part.

The harness is a pain to install especially the first one.   

Walta

I spoke to Kevin at the Royal Tech Support office this morning and the one piece harness you're talking about is the most likely problem here.  I'm going to move some trays around to see if the problems exist in the same location with a known good tray.  If the problem persists then it's time to swap out the harness - and yes, he said it's a pain.

The other possibility may be the old springs in the columns.  The plunger/screw drive is spring loaded and the springs are located at the front of each column.  Apparently to access them I'll need to remove the entire tray and the rod at the rear.  The tray should be set down vertically with the front up so all the parts don't fall out when I remove the front plastic piece.  

I'm quoting him here so I'll let you know how it goes and maybe hit you up for some pointers on replacing that harness.  Based on the age of this machine, I'm leaning toward replacing all of this stuff anyway regardless of which part is really bad right now.  Just wish I had it here in my shop - I hate doing this stuff in the field.

Thanks again

I spoke to Kevin at the Royal Tech Support office this morning and the one piece harness you're talking about is the most likely problem here.  I'm going to move some trays around to see if the problems exist in the same location with a known good tray.  If the problem persists then it's time to swap out the harness - and yes, he said it's a pain.

The other possibility may be the old springs in the columns.  The plunger/screw drive is spring loaded and the springs are located at the front of each column.  Apparently to access them I'll need to remove the entire tray and the rod at the rear.  The tray should be set down vertically with the front up so all the parts don't fall out when I remove the front plastic piece.  

I'm quoting him here so I'll let you know how it goes and maybe hit you up for some pointers on replacing that harness.  Based on the age of this machine, I'm leaning toward replacing all of this stuff anyway regardless of which part is really bad right now.  Just wish I had it here in my shop - I hate doing this stuff in the field.

Thanks again

Have you looked at the Royal Vision Vendor Training Video.. http://www.royalvendors.com/html/downloadlink/uploadtoweb/index.html

it will give you some pointers on replacing the harness as well other parts that you may need to replace.

Have you looked at the Royal Vision Vendor Training Video.. http://www.royalvendors.com/html/downloadlink/uploadtoweb/index.html

it will give you some pointers on replacing the harness as well other parts that you may need to replace.

Hey Kiwi,

I have seen that in the past but right now I just swapped out my monitor and I can't get any audio for some reason - they say this stuff comes in threes so I'm wondering what the hell's next.

Archived