sams club bubble gum

ronsidney

It's an AA brand called ZED. I'm going to put on next order.

Thanks.

I'm going to have to look into that.

This is actually very good timing.

I am putting in an order with A&A next week.

I will add some of that ZED to my order if the price is right and try my best to report back with some kind of review/follow-up.

Thanks.

I'm going to have to look into that.

This is actually very good timing.

I am putting in an order with A&A next week.

I will add some of that ZED to my order if the price is right and try my best to report back with some kind of review/follow-up.

It's right around 26.00.

The 850 ct has 900 in the box and the 1080 comes with 1130 in the box. And the gum is packed in four bags with in the box.

I have heard that ZED gum is a product of CHINA.

On their (Zed's) website it says they opened their factory in China in 2009.

If it indeed is a product of China, no way I will ever buy that stuff...a quick google search shows that Chinese business's are very willing to poison their own customers in pursuit of profits. I don't think they will be too particular with gum for export:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

- "This year thousands of decaying pigs contaminated the Huangpu River, affecting the 23.47 million residents of the Shanghai metro area. In Beijing, vendors were passing off rat as lamb at the city’s ubiquitous nighttime barbeque vendors. And in May, cadmium, a metallic carcinogen, was found in rice crops in the southernmost provinces of the country, home to almost 105 million people in the Pearl River Delta."

-" in 2008 there were several cases of infants dying after consuming powdered milk that was found to be contaminated with melamine, a toxic chemical often (illegally) added to foodstuffs to increase the protein content...In addition to the six reported deaths, the health of 29 million people was also affected in some way."

- "In an attempt to increase the protein content of the milk, manufacturers allegedly hydrolyzed used leather, animal skins and animal organs which they then turned into powder and mixed with milk. Protein produced from hydrolyzed leather contains the chemical hexavalent chromium, and when consumed over extend periods can cause poisoning or promote the onset of cancer. The leather that was used is thought to be made up of consumer products, scrap leather left over at from factories, old leather shoes and even leather found on household furniture."

- "...in Beijing mixed the material from cardboard boxes with the meat from “nikuman” steamed buns. The cardboard used was thought to have been soaked in sodium hydroxide, drained of color, chopped up into small pieces and then mixed with the meat. Tourists who have fallen ill from eating meat steamed buns or gyoza (steamed dumplings) also reported an unpleasant smell coming from their food."

- "About 60 percent of pigs reared in China are reported to have significantly less body fat than is normal as a result of selective breeding and the use of artificial agents. Pigs with low body fat sell for significantly more on the market, however in order to achieve this, chemicals are used to alter the pigs’ physiological development. Possible side effects of eating pork that has been treated in this way include heart palpitations, numbness of the joints, dizziness, acute poisoning, and high blood pressure."

- "In 2010, low-quality takeaway packs which contained paraffin or calcium carbonate were discovered on sale at the shopping mall “New Yansha”. The same packs were reported to be easily soluble in vinegar, and when come into contact in a dissolved state can cause gallstones, or even mental retardation in children. While they are much cheaper to manufacture than officially endorsed products, when you think about the health risks, you end up paying a different type of price."

- "The oil that comes out into the drains from nearby factories eventually forms in a “cream-like” state. As tragic as it sounds, there are people in China who make a living collecting the oil from the drains, refining it and selling it as a cheap alternative to salad oil...After the oil from the sewer has been filtrated, it is then heated and separated. Only after all these steps does the repugnant smell of the sewers disappear and is it ready for sale."

- "...the Chinese Ministry of Agriculture performed a sampling inspection into the health and safety of domestically produced rice. Inspectors noted that some batches of rice contained a lead content of up to 28.4 percent, which is considerably higher than domestic safety levels. Cadmium was also detected with a 10.3 percent contents level. Of the villagers who ate the cadmium-contaminated rice, many complained of osteomalacia (weakening of the bones), kidney failure, muscle deterioration, or acute pain in their limbs."

- "the chemical substance dichlorvos was detected in green beans produced by frozen food manufacturer Nichirei Foods. The detected levels of the substance reached such highs as 6,900 ppm, and exceeded the Japanese safety levels by a whopping 34,500 times."

- "Moyashi bean sprouts are known for their short shelf life, and to prevent them from going bad quickly some unscrupulous companies in China are believed to be treating them with detergent to give the sprouts a “clean, white look.” This practice is, obviously, illegal but that doesn’t seem to halt the problem. Even more concerning is the use of growth hormones to promote the sprouts’ growth."

- "Industry insiders have warned consumers to be careful when using drinking straws, as 90 percent in the Shanghai market did not meet quality standards, according to investigators...According to food experts, some straws could contain hazardous materials that can dissolve into drinks. Long-term use can cause harm to the digestive system, premature sexual development, infertility or even cancer."

- "A 20-year-old tourist from northeastern China was hospitalized after eating chuanr lamb skewers that were laced with rat poison. The man went out for a night of lamb-kabobs and drinks with his girlfriend and parents, and soon found himself hospitalized with "bruises the size of a sheet of paper."...Here at Shanghaiist, we were all over this year's meat scandals; whether hotpot rat, YUM rat, or lunch rat. Skewer-rat, consider yourself added to the archive."

http://shanghaiist.com/2013/07/23/beijing_street_meat_poisons_tourist.php

Just an update. I bought 14 cases of gb at my Sam's last week. It was a newer shipment to the store, fresh product,. I talked with the GM and he confirmed they order only 1 pallet at a time and if it goes out of stock the item drops from the store inventory until its restocked. The only exception is if there is a back order. He also said that if the store inventory is out, you can order for 'Click N Pull' and when it comes in they'll call you.

Just an update. I bought 14 cases of gb at my Sam's last week. It was a newer shipment to the store, fresh product,. I talked with the GM and he confirmed they order only 1 pallet at a time and if it goes out of stock the item drops from the store inventory until its restocked. The only exception is if there is a back order. He also said that if the store inventory is out, you can order for 'Click N Pull' and when it comes in they'll call you.

That's good news.

I'm still going to check in with A&A this week about their ZED gum.

I'll post here if I get any answers regarding where they are mfr'd.

Archived