sams club bubble gum

ronsidney

Hey guys,

I quit buying pallet gum years ago as i really dont sell enough and have good storage place to keep it etc.. so i have just been buying it at sams when i need gum.

well today i go by sams to get a dozen or so boxes and they are out..i asked desk to check inventory and get me some and she said its sold out, and its deleted from system so they will no longer be carrying it..

hope its just this one store..its really crappy gum anyway but it was convenient

Is there a better option for purchasing bulk candy? I noticed there is more selections on the side of the Sam's Club bubble gum box but it requires special ordering...

We have a B.A. Sweety store here but it's too expensive to be practical...

Did the same thing today, my Sams only carries M&M's and Skittles.  I was told I could order gumballs online and have them shipped to my house or Sams Club but she wasn't quite sure about the process.

Jeez, that's really bad news.

I have not seen it with gum at my local store.

But, I have seen it with other bulk items.

Boston Baked Beans are a major item on my route.

But, I have a few places that do really well with it.

So, I carry BBB for those spots.

Unfortunately, more and more often BBB is sold out at my local Sams and it sometimes takes a while for them to receive another shipment.

I get the feeling one day they just won't get any more because they are sold out more and more frequently and the delay in restocking BBB's seems to be getting long and longer.

I could probably get by swapping those few BBB locations into some other candy.

But, if my local Sams stopped carrying GB's I'd be really sorry.

The Sam's gum is really crappy. I had one customer, in a bar, tell me they needed some gum to get the taste of that gum out of their mouth. Hehe.

Some of the busier Sam's locations around here have a better bulk selection than the slower one's. I'm having trouble finding stuff like Hot Tamale's and Good n Plenty in any of them now. I'd be more interested in where we can find bulk hard stuff like Bananas and Bonez if anyone can advise...

Thanks!

The Sam's gum is really crappy. I had one customer, in a bar, tell me they needed some gum to get the taste of that gum out of their mouth. Hehe.

Some of the busier Sam's locations around here have a better bulk selection than the slower one's. I'm having trouble finding stuff like Hot Tamale's and Good n Plenty in any of them now. I'd be more interested in where we can find bulk hard stuff like Bananas and Bonez if anyone can advise...

Thanks!

Ask the person at the sams club sales desk to give u a copy of all the different candies and gumballs they can special order, they can get both of those. I would recommend quill for runts.

Sams is convenient for gumballs but I agree with others that it is crap. I had been planning to swap to something else anyway.

Sams is convenient for gumballs but I agree with others that it is crap. I had been planning to swap to something else anyway.

Have you any idea which gb you may switch too?

I agree that Sam's gb's are not the best.

If I could find gb that were at least slightly better than those at Sams AND only slightly more costly, I would gladly give them a try.

But, most gb's I've seen through suppliers are at $30-$40 per 850ct box with shipping.

I have a hard time justifying $30-$40 w/shipping for a box of 850ct when I can get a box of 850ct from sams for less than $20.

I just called A&A yesterday and one case of Dubble Bubble 10 color assorted 850 count is $28.88.  There's no Sam's Club here anyways.  Have any of you found a better price than 3.4 cents per 1" gumball, without having to buy large quantities?

If you have a Costco you can also order from them. Last time I ordered they were selling ford

We do have Costco here, I get lots of product from them, however they don't carry gumballs.  I just checked their website and I don't see them there either.  Did you place the order at the store?

There are 3 Costco stores that are business centers. You have to shop online and choose a business as the home store. And they will deliver to your club for free. I think the min is 100. The business center has a lot more than a SAMs. I shop from the Las Vegas business center.

Hey guys,

I quit buying pallet gum years ago as i really dont sell enough and have good storage place to keep it etc.. so i have just been buying it at sams when i need gum.

well today i go by sams to get a dozen or so boxes and they are out..i asked desk to check inventory and get me some and she said its sold out, and its deleted from system so they will no longer be carrying it..

hope its just this one store..its really crappy gum anyway but it was convenient

I just checked with my Sam's club in person and the item is not discontinued out here in California.

The girl that you talked to may be right but I have been told this before at Sam's club that an item is no longer in the system and deleted from inventory & wont be reordered (M&M peanuts) only to see it turn up after I bought at a higher price from Wallmart.

I think that when an item is out of stock the item number drops out of the computer until its restocked. Checking with the online item number is no good, they cant find it up that way, use upc code on side of box- all numbers small and large left to right.

Stopped by my local Sams and GB's were stocked at normal levels (which is pretty deep).

I hope Makes Cents is right about why your were told what you were told Ron.

Gb's being taken off the shelf at any sams is always cause for concern with me.

Sams club has been very disappointing for the last few years.

When they first started there slogan was

In Business for Business.

Now they seem more like a boutique Wal-Mart.

Every year the items they carry for retail business is smaller and smaller.

Years ago they had 3 full isles of both sides full of bulk items, candy bars, chips and many different items for vending and convenience stores. Now its down to about ½ an isle.

I have quite using them and decided to not keep paying the yearly fee to buy from them.

Now they have all types of seasonal high profit item like patio furniture but not items I need for my business or shop.

There is a Vistar location here but they don’t have everything like bulk packages small candy for candy cranes. It would be nice if a real supplier for the amusement and vending industry opened up local supply stores.

My Sams has quit selling BBB and Mike & Ikes. I had to stop selling BBB in my machines. I order Mike & Ikes from Quill. With the coupon and free shipping its a better deal anyway. I think they are stopping the Gumballs also, they only have a few boxes on a shelf. In the past they had a pallet on the floor. I'm looking for better gumballs also.

There is a Vistar location here but they don’t have everything like bulk packages small candy for candy cranes. It would be nice if a real supplier for the amusement and vending industry opened up local supply stores.

Is Vistar comparable to Sams for standard bulk candies?

If ya'll are looking for gumballs we have three different types (Smiley Faces, Assorted Fruit Gumballs and Fancy Fruits) -850 count- that we sell for $21.99 a box.

http://entervending.com/product/smile_face_gumballs_25_mm

http://entervending.com/product/fancy_fruit_gumballs_25_mm

http://entervending.com/product/assorted_fruit_%288_flavors%29_gumballs_25_mm

The price doesn't include shipping (unfortunately) but we get some great deals through our shipping partner.  We can be reached at (954) 769-0510.

I deal primarily with Sweetworks for Oak Leaf products. You can't go wrong with the Bubble King Classic. It's the best gum out there. Order 500 pounds (~33 cases) and the shipping free.  There prices are cheaper than Samsclub with the free delivery right to the door, almost.  Last delivery, the guy left the pallet in the street. Good thing it wasn't raining.

I know several people who order Ford gum as well but i don't think they get free delivery. Just like everyone else, I get all other bulk vending products as Samsclub such as M&Ms, Skittles, Reeces, etc.  If they drop bulk candy, which i hope and doubt they ever will, we are all screwed!  I see their candy flying off the shelves by the pallets per week so i don't think that will ever happen if they have any business sense and loyalty at all. Best deal on Runts is Quill.com

I deal primarily with Sweetworks for Oak Leaf products. You can't go wrong with the Bubble King Classic. It's the best gum out there. Order 500 pounds (~33 cases) and the shipping free.  There prices are cheaper than Samsclub with the free delivery right to the door, almost.  Last delivery, the guy left the pallet in the street. Good thing it wasn't raining.

I know several people who order Ford gum as well but i don't think they get free delivery. Just like everyone else, I get all other bulk vending products as Samsclub such as M&Ms, Skittles, Reeces, etc.  If they drop bulk candy, which i hope and doubt they ever will, we are all screwed!  I see their candy flying off the shelves by the pallets per week so i don't think that will ever happen if they have any business sense and loyalty at all. Best deal on Runts is Quill.com

where are you located? Is that deal good for anywehere in the u.s. and are there any other requirements?

This is news to me, got an email from karin on the 9th that said minimum order was 85 csses

This is news to me, got an email from karin on the 9th that said minimum order was 85 csses

You are correct mainor5251.  I got that 'notified', also.  They went up a couple of bucks per case to cover shipping, i guess. I was getting the 850 ct. classic for $23.  So i guess you could say that i am indirectly paying shipping now. However, it still beats samsclub and gets delivered to my door.   

Archived